Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's "brilliant contacts"

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
True though isn't it?

Absolute spackers.

I hope he's good and helps us to mid table mediocrity, with some momentum going into next season.

But if he isn't, I'll be bouncing this thread 8 times a day and 'creaming myself' over it, as some of the utter goons on here will look even bigger plebs.

To be honest mate, I think you and TCB have had it coming for a while with your extreme negative views. It winds people up and this is the backlash. Plus, any fool who writes this..

The man's a f***ing idiot in that respect, and my prediction for us to go down is looking better than ever.

Deserves it fully. I mean- who the hell is Gus Poyet? What does he know? But in my opinion, TCB's prediction is looking worse than ever, right now..

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
True though isn't it?

Absolute spackers.

I hope he's good and helps us to mid table mediocrity, with some momentum going into next season.

But if he isn't, I'll be bouncing this thread 8 times a day and 'creaming myself' over it, as some of the utter goons on here will look even bigger plebs.

Mr Miserable hoping for a positive outcome?

Yeah right. Pull the other one. :laugh:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I do kind of agree with you, even though it was me who originally bounced the thread. I was pointing more to the signing of Lua-Lua as well as a Uruguyan international from a Premiership team.

Lua-Lua - signed off the back of a scouting trip to watch someone else.

Endorsed by the always popular on here Dennis Wise.

Hardly anything amazing in the contacts department, just an encouraging sign that Poyet can spot a good player when he sees one. Hopefully this Uraguayan kid can make similar impact.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Mr Miserable hoping for a positive outcome?

Yeah right. Pull the other one. :laugh:

Just to confirm - I don't waste the majority of Saturday afternoons/Tuesday nights, as well as a shitload of money in the process, hoping we lose.

Good grief.

True though isn't it?

Absolute spackers.

You really don't get it do you?

This bouncing is in response not just to this thread but countless other threads where you and TCB over react and whinge to an extreme. If you hadn't posted this ridiculous thread in the first place it would not now be being bounced constantly.

Have you ever thought about giving the new manager we have got in place some time to strengthen the squad? f*** me, he's only been in place since the beginning of November and the impression that a lot of people get is that supporters like you and TCB who come on here want Premier League perfection in players and instant success.

We are a football club playing in the third tier of English professional football, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Lua-Lua - signed off the back of a scouting trip to watch someone else.

Endorsed by the always popular on here Dennis Wise.

Hardly anything amazing in the contacts department, just an encouraging sign that Poyet can spot a good player when he sees one. Hopefully this Uraguayan kid can make similar impact.

Surely he leveraged his relationship with Dennis Wise to pull that off? People may not like Wise but there is no doubting his football calibre.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Surely he leveraged his relationship with Dennis Wise to pull that off? People may not like Wise but there is no doubting his football calibre.

Dennis Wise is no longer an employee of Newcastle United.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Just to confirm - I don't waste the majority of Saturday afternoons/Tuesday nights, as well as a shitload of money in the process, hoping we lose.

Good grief.

So why is it you continually sound like you DO when you post on here?

Because some people choose to read things in a certain manner to suit their agenda?

Honestly mate, I think a lot of people just read your posts and all they see is negativity a lot of the time. However some posts of late you have been quite positive. Oh and I haven't got any agenda against you or TCB, as I said before you are both articulate posters, just too bloody negative and tend to jump in quickly and over react, perhaps it's because you are both young?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Because some people choose to read things in a certain manner to suit their agenda?

It is very difficult to not read this in a negative way...

turd.png

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Poyet: Wassup Carlo, you got any good players you wanna lend me?
Ancelotti: Sure thing Gus, I got a couple of reserves who aren't doing much I will send 'em down tomorrow.
Poyet: Thanks mate that will be wicked.

Poyet has a little think about who else he knows. He suddenly remembers he used to play for Tottenham too, best give Harry a ring then.

Poyet: Hey Harry, you are mad for buying every player under the sun. You must have some spares you can send down to Brighton.
Redknapp: Bentley needs a few run outs while he gets his fitness back. I will stick him on the first train down.
Poyet: Cheers Harry.

Is this how the contacts thing works? Or is it all a little bit more complicated than that? Players have their own free will about where they go. Can we afford them? Do they fit in to what we need and what Poyet sees as our way of playing.

The best thing I can see about Poyet is that he is the kind of person who could convince players to come here who may not have done. His reputation as a good coach will also encourage teams to lend us their players. To think that there is any such thing as good (or bad) contacts is absurd.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Did I say otherwise?

No.

I said I don't want to have reason to be negative, I want the Albion to succeed.

Which is true.

Yet when we improve on what we have, when we bring in a better manager, who brings in a better standard of player, you still cannot find cause for optimism. We bring in a Uruguayan international midfielder with a current value of £3million - does this not give you reason to be positive? Do you have to shoot down the Albion fans who take optimism from this? (I am referring to your thread about Brighton fans "creaming" over the new signing)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yet when we improve on what we have, when we bring in a better manager, who brings in a better standard of player, you still cannot find cause for optimism. We bring in a Uruguayan international midfielder with a current value of £3million - does this not give you reason to be positive? Do you have to shoot down the Albion fans who take optimism from this? (I am referring to your thread about Brighton fans "creaming" over the new signing)

Being cautious doesn't mean I'm 100% negative.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Being cautious doesn't mean I'm 100% negative.

Whilst on the subject of negativity. Mr Navarro has been slowly but surely growing on me all season. Problem is every time I read one of your threads I see your avatar and it puts me off him again. Any chance you could put up a more suitable avatar of a Palace player or something. Thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here