Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's attacking signings in The Championship

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why wait with Hammond, do you not recall the dozen missed header chances, like yesterdays, that got us relegated last time around?

I certainly recall the glaring miss in the first half...but as regards to judging as too how many goals he scores and his general play..ye i'll give him more than what 6 games?...Thought he had a far better 2nd half as against a poor first half

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Vicente - class act, total sicknote
Hoskins - absolute sicknote
Buckley - bit of a sicknote, potentially a class act
Lopez - early signs suggest he's crap
Dobbie - early signs suggest he's a fat waste of space
Paynter - shit
Vokes - average
CMS - overpriced
Crofts and Hammond - little attacking threat
Assulin - turd
Kazenga - sicknote who rarely gets a game
Orlandi - proven sicknote

Is it any wonder we're struggling to score goals? Poyet is excellent at getting us organised, and our defence looks class. But it's extremely frustrating that Gus doesn't seem to have a clue how to go about attacking teams - particularly when he was an attacking player himself.

....pretty fare analysis. Regrettably when it comes to forwards, given the resources that Poyet has had, he will probably go down as our worst manager from a goal to cost return.

And who can forget some of the dross that we had in league 1, under GP, including Holroyd!

What makes me laugh is that there are so many who say give another game, another 10 games, another season & they will come right! Well sorry, you have to buy proven strikers or stop persevering with those who will never make the grade; or for once you stubborn mule of a manager play 4-4-2 when one striker up front is not doing the job!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I think Dobbie will come good and be a quality signing for us.

he has not shown one scintilla of quality. He is going to need to improve in spades if he will be even remotely good enough.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Vicente - class act, total sicknote
Hoskins - absolute sicknote
Buckley - bit of a sicknote, potentially a class act
Lopez - early signs suggest he's crap
Dobbie - early signs suggest he's a fat waste of space
Paynter - shit
Vokes - average
CMS - overpriced
Crofts and Hammond - little attacking threat
Assulin - turd
Kazenga - sicknote who rarely gets a game
Orlandi - proven sicknote

Is it any wonder we're struggling to score goals? Poyet is excellent at getting us organised, and our defence looks class. But it's extremely frustrating that Gus doesn't seem to have a clue how to go about attacking teams - particularly when he was an attacking player himself.

Difficult to disagree with this.

Out of the four deadline day signings I would have hoped one would have had some sort of impact by now.....

Hammond on current form is no better than Dicker. Orlandi looked sort of promising at least against Millwall and Ipswich, but sicknote as above. Dobbie - I was pleased when we signed him, but so far he's been poor. Lopez, poor delivery yesterday and looked better playing inside than out wide. Hopefully they'll all get better in the next month.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Harley - uttter utter steaming pile of cant be bothered turd
Razak- made an impact against ipwswich but disappeared and as for attitude...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Harley - uttter utter steaming pile of cant be bothered turd
Razak- made an impact against ipwswich but disappeared and as for attitude...

Good points.
His only real good signing up front has been Barnes, and let's face it, he's not up the levels we're aspiring to be at. No pace, no strength, no height, no vision.

Oh, and he refused to re-sign our best striker, then spent a year dicking about with the likes of Billy Paynter, before trying to get the target man back, and only failing because of Gary bloody Dicker breaking Hoskins foot.

I'm not sure the man has a clue how to assemble an attacking side. The only real quality is Vicente and Buckley, and the chances of them being fit are almost as slim as the chances of Poyet admitting he's had a tactical mare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here