Poyet wants Re(hab)conciliation Bloom says No No No

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Because they were both at 1 point gus's favourites. Course they will praise him. From what Vicente said he treated him like shit. This coming from 1 of the best players ever to play for us.

And Vicente wasn't? What about that look up to TB and the finger rubbing after Vicente scored? Again, bizarre.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Wrong! We KNOW Gus thinks he is better than us because he repeatedly tells us so. He isn't.

good enough to get us to 4th and a play-off semi

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm starting to love the Anti Gus threads now, people against have nothing to go by :lol:

People against Gus have PLENTY to go by courtesy of his H U G E mouth.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If he ended up staying, it would be water under the bridge for a majority of our fans - fickle bunch.

Exactly if he stays (can't see it unfortunately) gets Upson and Bridge back and we start well this will be forgotten by most come September.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Gus wants to manage Brighton and Hove Albion very much. However he wants promises made to him to be kept, and he doesn't want to be constantly undermined by someone else at the club.

Like all managers he wants a bigger and bigger budget. But he will compromise. However he doesn't expect it to go backwards when his style of football and success he has achieved for the club had meant the stadium is selling out to 30,000 people every week.

I would say he has a point.

This board is full hypocrites. A few weeks ago Gus was the best thing since sliced bread. What has changed?

He just verbalised what we all knew that he is ambitious and that if the club doesn't keep up with his ambitions he will move on. What is wrong with that? That's what happens in business all over the world.

He has actually incredible loyalty in a business where there is little.

Don't forget he is currently the 6th longest serving manager in English football.

Good posting.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So would you rather have

A) a successful Manager but is open he would want to join a bigger club if he had the chance

Or

B) a manger who is rubbish making no progress but is desperate to stay?

Have you ever thought it might not be mainly between Gus and Bloom?

Until the truth comes out people should stop being so negative.

Or a manager who has a plan B AND knows how to conduct himself publicly. I vote for this option. You conveniently ignored it. Put up or shut up.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
100% correct. Some on here are like spurned lovers clinging on desperately to a man who has publicly let it be known that HE thinks he is better than us. He isn't.

And the rest are like spurned lovers that just want rid?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Still no evidence then ? For what it's worth I'd happily keep Gus if he and Tony can patch things up.

The evidence is in Gus' pronouncements. Where have you been. I suggest you climb out of his backside, you might be able to hear better.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
My opinion is one of complete apathy. I liked Gus. There's no arguing with his achievements since he arrived here. The manner of the Palace defeat and his incredibly stupid post-match interview have soured the affair. Yes, he is still a great manager, but that hurt. Such a downer to pile onto that abysmal, toothless display which he oversaw.

As I said, I'm apathetic, despite the above appearing otherwise. Do I want Gus to stay or go? I don't give a ship. I just want it resolved one way or another. I'd be happy for Gus to stay, continue his good work, rebuild the feelgood factor.

At the same time, a new manager would be good. Bring in some fresh ideas. Maybe we'll get that much lauded plan B. Maybe a new manager can get the most from CMS and others who have not set the world alight, much to many people's disappointment. I don't know. So I remain apathetic towards this whole sorry affair.

Either way, get it sorted. I've had enough of this ship.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
This just seems overly melodramatic to me. Ok so he fell out while at the other club but what could be so serious that, in Poyet's mind, they fell out again even before this other person joined the club? Was he seeing Poyet's wife? Did he insult Poyet's family or parentage? Was there a 'respect' issue? The first I can understand, the second possibly depending on the seriousness but the third? Just get over it and behave professionally.

Jim you are of an age to remember, Spurs didnt have the best of starts, and we all went to bed Saturday night with Ramos as their boss with Gus as his assistant and woke up on Sunday with them both gone and Redknapp having left Pompey(He clearly knew what was coming) and installed at the Lane. It is my understanding that this whole incident wasnt handled very well, with the Albion's current CEO being heavily involved, and Gus felt aggrieved, something which clearly still rankles with him to this day.

We clearly dont know the full circumstances, but with Redknapp and others involved clearly everything wasnt kosher.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
If he hasn't he would have been sacked like any other manager. That hasn't happened. Ask yourself why.

Different situation though. When sacked for poor results effectively you are relieved of your duties but you contract is paid until it finishes or you find alternate employment. Suspension for possible breech of contract is different in that you could be sacked with no pay. I get your point about not sacked yet but on the flip side if I were suspended but as people imply have done nothing wrong then I would damn sure want that suspension lifted and everyone to know it. The club have used the term suspended not placed in garden leave, therefore they have to investigate and come to a conclusion.
On one point bloom owns the club and employs barber and poyet, you might not like each other, hard luck deal with it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I am constantly amazed by the outpourings of deluded Poyet Loyalists on this board!

I'm not particularly loyal to him, or currently anti him, but I particularly object to all these made up theories snowballing around based on virtually nothing but peoples imaginations. Very few people actual know what has happened, what is happening or what is going to happen. I generally trust TB to get it about right in the end, whichever way it goes as he has the best interests of the club at heart (and we should be thankful for that, at least). GP was not a god before, and he's not the devil now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
OK but did he say that he wanted Gus out? If he is handling it personally could it not be that he is investigating this personally and that he will make the final decision. If what I suggest is true then in no way has TB made any comment to show he wants Gus out. YOU have put that spin on.

Spin is such a loaded word, but you are right I have listened to what Tony said with regards to who manages at the albion, and the chairman's important role in this, and to me it seems glaringly obvious that if Tony wants Gus to be BHAFC manager now, then there would be no suspensions.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
From an entirely personal point of view I would love Gus to stay and ideally for him to commit for the rest of his contract no matter who came calling. It would also save me renaming our cat.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
We went through the whole of last season longing for promotion or the play off. We went into the playoffs in splendid form, should have won at Palace. Then, something odd happened. The manager didn't appear motivated in the second leg, which we could have won. Then, boom, we are out of the play offs, everybody's throwing their toys out of the pram, accusations and ,of course, sh*t hit the fans who were left to reflect on a season thrown away, a manager in the doodoo, and uncertainty abounding.

This HAS to be a remake of "The Manager". So, come on Tony, sort it, and let's have Cheri Lunghi.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports