Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet wants Re(hab)conciliation Bloom says No No No

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
So you are using what Vicente said (even though you later say he lacks class because he spoke out) to beat Poyet but won't take any of the positive comments from ex players ?
Yes im using what vicente said. I dont agree with players going to the media to slag off anyone but he did. I cant ignore that

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Gus wants to manage Brighton and Hove Albion very much. However he wants promises made to him to be kept, and he doesn't want to be constantly undermined by someone else at the club.

Like all managers he wants a bigger and bigger budget. But he will compromise. However he doesn't expect it to go backwards when his style of football and success he has achieved for the club had meant the stadium is selling out to 30,000 people every week.

I would say he has a point.

This board is full hypocrites. A few weeks ago Gus was the best thing since sliced bread. What has changed?

He just verbalised what we all knew that he is ambitious and that if the club doesn't keep up with his ambitions he will move on. What is wrong with that? That's what happens in business all over the world.

He has actually incredible loyalty in a business where there is little.

Don't forget he is currently the 6th longest serving manager in English football.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
there is no way Poyet is ever coming back (thankfully I think, the club deserve far better than him) - Now the manager merry go round with Martinez has started we will soon see who Bloom has chosen to move us onwards and upwards....and I've no doubt it will be an upgrade

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Gus wants to manage Brighton and Hove Albion very much. However he wants promises made to him to be kept, and he doesn't want to be constantly undermined by someone else at the club.

Like all managers he wants a bigger and bigger budget. But he will compromise. However he doesn't expect it to go backwards when his style of football and success he has achieved for the club had meant the stadium is selling out to 30,000 people every week.

This board is full hypocrites. A few weeks ago Gus was the best thing since sliced bread. What has changed?

He just verbalised what we all knew that he is ambitious and that if the club doesn't keep up with his ambitions he will move on. What is wrong with that? That's what happens in business all over the world.

Don't forget he is currently the 6th longest serving manager in English football.

Very well said that man.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

all of this

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The truth hasn't come out. Each side has leaked their views one way or another, as is often the case in situations like this and negotiations. People should take everything they hear with a pinch of salt.

However, a lot of people have their own agendas.

People who didn't like poyet because he never played 442, or because he never put it in the mixer (only as a plan b, of course, people weren't calling for that as a main option) or because they couldn't see what various players did to earn their place in his team, or because they are so precious that a manager is open and honest about his career plans, or offended he would go on about his budget limitations. They will buy everything that makes poyet look bad as if its the truth

People who don't like the people in charge of the club because its not the old boys network that they used to be on the ins with, people who can't look past poyet saving us from relegation and getting us into the championship, people who can't see that sometimes the tippy tappy stuff doesn't work and we need to adapt. They will cling to anything that praises gus, or makes the club look bad as if it's the truth.

For me, I don't care that gus would answer reporters questions about vacancies hire up the league. He has been open about his ambition, and I think people describing this as touting himself for every job need to stop being so precious. I want a manager who is ambitious, a manager who wants to improve, who has a drive to get the club as high up the league as possible, a manager who isnt satisfied with treading water.

I think his comments about budget are par for the course for managers. If you lose respect for someone because they "complain" about their budget (often times the comments were about managing expectation, highlighting how well the players, the club, and yes, gus himself, has done, is there something wrong with being proud of your achievements?) then there won't be many managers you respect. Vicente combined about his last club when he joined us. It's in his interests to let potential employers know his lack of game time isn't about injury, because he wants to maximise his earning potential, someone who hasn't been picked will get more if its a bad manager relationship rather than injury.

I don't know much about barber. It seems to me that most of the time on here people are jokingly blaming him because some people wrongly blamed him for things that were decided before he arrived. I have every belief barber is acting in good faith to achieve his goals of maximising profit, minimising loss.

Tony is a fan of the club, he showed loyalty to slade, when it was reported slade wasn't his choice in the first place, so I don't think he wants to be someone who freely fires managers at the first hint of trouble. He took his time and found the right appointment for that moment in Gus, and I don't expect he wants rid of Gus now, but it seems the most likely outcome. I have every faith tony will pick the right replacement.

The manager will always be Tony's (football) man. The chief executive will always be Tony's (business) man. Tony's role is to balance the two in the interest of the club as a whole. This situation is, I think, about that balance, maybe (probably) will result in a new manager, but it's that balance that is important not either man, or Tony's loyalty to one or the other.

I don't see gus staying, but if that were to somehow happen, I agree with the previous poster that the moment things don't go great for us, the fans will turn. I don't think he'd have trouble inspiring the players, if dicker, bridge, cms, Bennett etc are to be believed, it could create a siege mentality that has served other clubs well, but I don't know if the fans would be fully 100% behind him.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

And what about promises made by Gus to the club (ie the terms of his contract)? Did he keep those?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
But you can ignore Bennett and Dicker also going to the media? Bizarre.

Because they were both at 1 point gus's favourites. Course they will praise him. From what Vicente said he treated him like shit. This coming from 1 of the best players ever to play for us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That would be AMAZING, you give me hope.

Would it? Would it really? We would be like a wounded animal lurching from game to game with a manager who thinks he is bigger than us (he isn't) and a chairman who doesn't have faith in his manager anymore.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's difficult to have this conversation with so much unsaid, and so much not allowed to be said.

Supporters of Gus can make a convincing case for why he should come back, and why he may have been harshly treated. But those who have heard the other side of the story - or parts of it, or rumours about it - can't really have their say.

That doesn't make us hypocrites. I was firmly in the Gus camp until the Palace game and let's just say my opinion has changed for a number of reasons.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You don't actually know anything about the situation though, do you? You're just speculating on what you think to be true.

Wrong! We KNOW Gus thinks he is better than us because he repeatedly tells us so. He isn't.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And what about promises made by Gus to the club (ie the terms of his contract)? Did he keep those?

If he hasn't he would have been sacked like any other manager. That hasn't happened. Ask yourself why.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

:clap2:

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
A lot of people suspect that it could be all down to a clash of egos between Gus & Barber, so perhaps TB has less to do with it all than you think.

But the reality is that none of us have a clue! It is strongly advised that everyone sits firmly on the fence until we know the full story.
All we actually know for now is that Gus breached his contract by neglecting to negotiate player contracts on the basis that he could be leaving - If this is ALL that he did, and he ends up staying, the anti-Gus brigade will all have egg on their faces

Surely the most sensible outcome?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Because they were both at 1 point gus's favourites. Course they will praise him. From what Vicente said he treated him like shit. This coming from 1 of the best players ever to play for us.

What about Forster coming out on Twitter and speaking up for him?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In his own interviews. A manager should manage his own team not constantly remind the world he would like like manage chelsea, spurs, zaragoza etc. Its disrespectful to his club, fans and players. There is no "I" in team. Poyet thinks of himself and nothing but himself. Tony Bloom will not have him back. The majority of fans dont want him back. Good riddance

100% correct. Some on here are like spurned lovers clinging on desperately to a man who has publicly let it be known that HE thinks he is better than us. He isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here