Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet wants OUT

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Remember that most journalists sit at their desks making up stories. A source close to Poyet told me he has no intention of leaving unless a major Premier league club makes an offer.

Now who do you believe ?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Even the BBC are now saying "Poyet is known to be keen on the Reading job" If so he is a slimeball

Keen to manage in the premier league, which he has said since he Became our manager. not that he is keen to manage Reading. If he did he will only get 10 games, and be back where he started, only in a smaller stadium, with fickle fans, a bloody drum and goal music.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Even the BBC are now saying "Poyet is known to be keen on the Reading job" If so he is a slimeball

He said something to make him leave would be out of this world-Reading? It's all poppy cock

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Keen to manage in the premier league, which he has said since he Became our manager. not that he is keen to manage Reading. If he did he will only get 10 games, and be back where he started, only in a smaller stadium, with fickle fans, a bloody drum and goal music.

True, but he would proberly have a much bigger warchest at his disposal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Gus went to Reading, he'd be mentioning still wanting the Chelsea job within the week :lolol:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
True, but he would proberly have a much bigger warchest at his disposal.

That Is true due to premiership drop payments. But is Reading the dream team he is after? I live in Reading, and I drove down to the Withdean to sit in the rain rather then watch Reading in the premiership and the company I worked for had a box, so I could have gone for free. They are the most underwhelming team I have ever come across. If Gus leaves to go to Reading, then he is a bloody liar.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
That Is true due to premiership drop payments. But is Reading the dream team he is after? I live in Reading, and I drove down to the Withdean to sit in the rain rather then watch Reading in the premiership and the company I worked for had a box, so I could have gone for free. They are the most underwhelming team I have ever come across. If Gus leaves to go to Reading, then he is a bloody liar.

If he does go (which i think he wont ) he might see it as a stepping stone to a bigger club? just a thought?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1 million+ compensation, get Di Matteo in ?

Silver linings.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If he does go (which i think he wont ) he might see it as a stepping stone to a bigger club? just a thought?

Who knows, you maybe correct. Maybe I am bias because I live in reading, but I just don't see it. Apart from 10 games in the prem and a possible bigger budget, I don't see they can offer anything else that brighton can't. Everyone even the reading fans I talk say hey are as good as down. History shows that they are probably correct. Is having a relegation on your cv better then just missing out on the promotion with brighton?

This probably mean I will see him holding up a Reading scarf on the back of the local rag, now I have said that. I have only just got over seeing the coppell and Sidwell bus after they won promotion and we got relegated.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I wouldn't care. Managers come and go and it hardly constitutes a crisis in any clubs history does it and most certainly not ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here