Poyet to Wigan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Not if Wigan have already accepted his resignation.

[From the BBC]

"Roberto wanted permission to move so I've given that," said Whelan.

He added: "He feels he's not the man to lead us back into the Premier League. I've got to accept what he feels.
"He [Martinez] has 12 months left on his contract, so whoever comes in for him must pay the remainder of his contract."

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Dave Whelan/Gus Poyet,,the dream team lol,,,playing at the DW Stadium against Yeovil in front of 8,000 people on a cold Tuesday night in November. Oh please god let this happen.....On a serious note, I could never see a old fashioned self made millionaire Northerner putting up with Poyet's antics.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Dave Whelan/Gus Poyet,,the dream team lol,,,playing at the DW Stadium against Yeovil in front of 8,000 people on a cold Tuesday night in November. Oh please god let this happen.....On a serious note, I could never see a old fashioned self made millionaire Northerner putting up with Poyet's antics.

Agreed, Whelan is tight fisted, and as hard as nails. No way would it work out.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not actually a bad job if Poyet did have to stay in the champ, plenty of money , a good squad, well run club, play good football.

Wouldn't take much to get them top 2 for someone wanting a promotion on their c.v

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I seriously think Poyet is going to have a real problem in finding a decent club, let alone one that suits his aspirations. Chairmen will be looking at his history and probably not liking what they see. His over-inflated opinion of himself is going to be his undoing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports