Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Has he been linked with Palace yet? :dunce:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I could actually see that happening, a PL team with a bit of stability, a loyal support that want the hammers to play passing football.

When is Poyet's contract up by the way?

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
i don't think this is a crazy as it sounds - reasonably stable premiership side, good history of playing football than hoofball, owners who seem vaguely sensible with money but will spend when need to and a large fan base......can't see it happening myself but anyone who thinks this would not be attractive to GP if offer came at the end of the season (i.e. when knows the hammers still in top flight) is I think being very blinkered. Between guaranteed premiership manager role next year, and staying here for another crack in Championship when next year be even harder division to get out of, I think GP might just think the former is a better bet for his ambitions.....

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Poyet will be 7-1 fifth favourite for Di Canio's/Di Matteo's next job.

Gus is also 7-1 for the Man Utd job in a couple of years time,and a healthy 7-1 for Mancini's job across town from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Poyet will be 7-1 fifth favourite for Di Canio's/Di Matteo's next job.

Gus is also 7-1 for the Man Utd job in a couple of years time,and a healthy 7-1 for Mancini's job across town from there.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I have thought for some time now that West Ham would be the perfect stepping stone for Gus to try and realize his ambitions. If we don't go up this season, but get into the play offs I can't see Poyet being here come August. If we were to go up however, I think he would want to stay, providing Chelsea or Spurs didn't come calling.....As for people talking about what they did to Zola, I'm sure Poyet wouldn't give that a second thought, football is a business like no other, I don't think sentiment comes into things that much. Not with the vast majority of people anyway. It's a dog eat dog world and I think they all understand that.

BHAOHM

BHAOHM
Jan 14, 2013
West Ham sure would be lucky to have our Gus but I think he will want to get us promoted before he departs from the Amex. He will be with us for at least another 2-3years i think.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
West Ham sure would be lucky to have our Gus but I think he will want to get us promoted before he departs from the Amex. He will be with us for at least another 2-3years i think.

One thing is for sure, 100%.Poyet will not be here in three years time if he hasn't taken us up by then. Have no doubt about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports