Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Newcastle

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If the Geordies tin Pardew, it'll be some payout. He signed a six year contract last year.

a cynic might look at the Kinnear appointment as designed to unsettle Pardew and make him leave. there's certainly no good footballing reason...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
So one of his main public problems was money available to buy the players he wanted and he is now going to a club with a man above him who has final say on all transfers, really?

Is there a manager anywhere in the world that does not have a person above them with the final say on transfers ?

(Except when Noades was at Brentford).

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
There does seem to be a difference at clubs that have a Director of Football between the Manager and board, they become co-managers which does not work well with an ego like Mr Poyet's

Well if you are responsible for results on the pitch I can see you may want your own players out there. Regardless of ego.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought it was widely reported that Pardew and Ashley had met post-season and Pardew had been given another year with the warning "must do better".

Newcastle under-achieved because their squad was too small and they were hampered by Europa League fixtures. Pardew built a squad by bringing in loads of Frenchies in the Jan window. It would be madness to sack him now, although it would be a right result for us and Gus if they did.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can't see Pardew leaving there, who else would take him?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There are some really silly posts on NSC.

Gus is a good manager that's why clubs will want him. He will do well, very well.

Just because he isn't staying with Brighton doesn't make him a bad man or a bad manager.

Wilko 1901

May 7, 2013
Hove
He's not a bad man or a bad manager. He's thrown a huge hissy fit, and 'allegedly' failed to carry out his contractual duties.

I'd be very, very surprised if he's our manager next season (* states the obvious)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can you imagine the Tyne / Wear derby, Poyet up against Di Canio?? I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie stuck one on the fascist coach.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If the Geordies tin Pardew, it'll be some payout. He signed a six year contract last year.

Believe it was an 8 year contract he signed (an odd term really), but had a fixed payout clause, so he would not get anything like his remaining contract paid up.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
No way Poyet is gonna work along side Kinnear, you heard all the bollocks hes come out with, saying hes gonna choose who is coming into the club etc, Gus would lose his mind and have epic rants in the media, he wouldnt last a season haha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here