Poyet to Leeds

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Highly unlikely - why would they want him? He has got a lot to prove with his tippy tappy no shots on target football right now. If he goes without the Club having to spend a fortune in compo we would get a result right now.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Anyone else think our current poor run is designed to see off any potential suitors, as it had all been going too well.

:jester:

Last edited:

wonkydog

Feb 4, 2010
Brighton
The Albion don't have to worry about this rumour....Gus has genuine ambitions to manage a big club one day.....dirty leeds do not come into that category at the present;
Spurs next summer if 'Arry takes the England job is a very different kettle of fish!!

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
I really don't think that gus will be moving to leeds or anywhere else for that matter anytime soon. Although i have only ever seen him speak about Brighton on the tv etc i do believe him when he has said that he wants to stay with Brighton i hope that he will be in for the long time to come! Come on sir Alex Ferguson made it 25 years at Man U why not Gus!?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Leeds had their chance when Grayson was appointed but Ken Bates went on record as saying that Gus didn't want to move back up north - which was certainly news to Gus. So it's hard to see that particular bridge being rebuilt in a hurry.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Hope he doesn't go. Looks to me like he's doing a fine job! :thumbsup:

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Hope he doesn't go. Looks to me like he's doing a fine job! :thumbsup:

Agreed, although he has said he'll go home if they don't listen to him.

Reminds me of the kid at school who would threaten to take his ball home if nobody passed to him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agreed, although he has said he'll go home if they don't listen to him.

Reminds me of the kid at school who would threaten to take his ball home if nobody passed to him.

I wish people would learn to read. He didnt say that at all what he said was that if the players dont listen to him he is wasting his time and might as well go home, totally different. But that may not suit the purpose as much as your imagination and interpretation of what he said.

I wish people would learn to read. He didnt say that at all what he said was that if the players dont listen to him he is wasting his time and might as well go home, totally different. But that may not suit the purpose as much as your imagination and interpretation of what he said.

Don't expect Palace fans to understand anything that has more than two words in a sentence or words of more than one syllable.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Fire and Skill - I wasn't drinking. Was informed at work by two separate persons, one a Sheff Weds fan and the other a big Leeds fan who seems to know whats happening there.

As I said these are only rumours and I hope without foundation.

Leeds fans hold Gus in very very high esteem. Bates on the other hand they hate and they are not that happy with Grayson either. So stranger things than Leeds sacking Grayson and enquiring about Poyet have happened.

Would Gus go? Dont know. But to say that Leeds are not a big club is a joke. I cant think of any bigger in the Champ, fanbase wise, history wise or potential or any other measure. I'm surprised that no foreign backed institution has bought Leeds cos they are a far better proposition than say Leicester.

Leeds have great potential and with the right ingrediants will get back to the Prem league. Gus will not directly go to a Prem league club - they tend to either bring in some exp foreign coach or a British manager already managing in the Prem League. So for Gus to get in that league (which he wants) then he either takes us there or will go to another Champ club that will deliver that. Whether he stays with us, depends on how far down the line to the Prem league he feels we are. If we are as far away as ever, or a club comes in with a shorter timeline, then that will determine Gus future.

I suppose another question is - are Leeds closer down that timeline to the Prem league than us?

It'll be interesting to see how much Gus has to spend in January, cos certainly Gus knows we need reinforcements.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I suppose another question is - are Leeds closer down that timeline to the Prem league than us?
That is the crux of it, quite why the prominent talking point of this thread is Leeds Utd's 'size', I don't know - they're clearly a huge club but it doesn't mean much in relation to what Gus requires to be a success. It's all down to whether Gus feels he can significantly speed up his progress in ultimately becoming a Premier League manager. Which - looking at their current set-up and the continual frustrations surrounding Bates' failure to back Grayson in the transfer market, not giving him free reign (like Gus gets here) etc.. - suggests to me NO. Plus if he thinks our fans are expectant, their fans will be on a whole different level.

Non-starter for me.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
That is the crux of it, quite why the prominent talking point of this thread is Leeds Utd's 'size', I don't know - they're clearly a huge club but it doesn't mean much in relation to what Gus requires to be a success. It's all down to whether Gus feels he can significantly speed up his progress in ultimately becoming a Premier League manager. Which - looking at their current set-up and the continual frustrations surrounding Bates' failure to back Grayson in the transfer market, not giving him free reign (like Gus gets here) etc.. - suggests to me NO. Plus if he thinks our fans are expectant, their fans will be on a whole different level.

Non-starter for me.

I tend to agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports