Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Peter Brezovan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't see any reason why he won't be here for many years, unless we become an established Premier League club and he becomes surplus to requirements
Fingers crossed, and I fully acknowledge my 'small team' mentality in the original statement.

It's just that he is so good, all over the pitch, and plays in the most coveted position, I can't help but feel irrespective how good we become he is capable of better, in THE position people pay big money for.

(I don't mean that to be derogatory to The Albion, it's just how highly I regard Ulloa.)

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I've gone for Gordon Greer, simply for his consistency. I'd love to have voted for Calde or Lopez as I have a soft spot for Euskadi after working with people from the Basque Country and the Bilbao / Eibar / Tolosa area, but I think Gordon just has to shade it for being Mr. Reliable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've gone for Gordon Greer, simply for his consistency. I'd love to have voted for Calde or Lopez as I have a soft spot for Euskadi after working with people from the Basque Country and the Bilbao / Eibar / Tolosa area, but I think Gordon just has to shade it for being Mr. Reliable.

Mr Reliable when he's had 3 red cards?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Well little Liam's got two and you can't expect him to be putting those last ditch tackles or competing in the area like Greer does - it's like comparing apples and pears.

It's Gordon's job to put the boot in (figuratively speaking), and get the ball upfield - watch carefully and on his day his distribution is immense.

People underestimate the Captains role these days.

Last edited:

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Gone for Buckley. I think Bridcutt is the better player but with Buckley being a young, pacey attacking player his value is definitely higher.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well little Liam's got two and you can't expect him to be putting those last ditch tackles or competing in the area like Greer does - it's like comparing apples and pears.

It's Gordon's job to put the boot in (figuratively speaking), and get the ball upfield - watch carefully and on his day his distribution is immense.

People underestimate the Captains role these days.

Tackling with his boot is fine but headbutting isn't so clever.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Bridcutt, Barnes, Greer, Kuszczak, Calderon, Buckley and Lopez all jump out. I think Orlandi and Ulloa have the potential to be up there too. My vote has to go to Greer though.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton

This.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Inigo Calderon :bowdown:

Trail-blazer for the Latino flairing-up of the Albion / lovely bloke / Spanish ambassador to Hove

calde.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kuz, you build a team from the back and we would struggle big big time to replace him with someone as good. Bridge is Gus' most inspired loan signing.

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
irrespective of who you vote for it is clear that Gus Poyet is a very very good manager and has made some great stand out signings but also some to get from further up the ladder. very impressive. I'd vote for Bridcutt.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Recently I've begun to really appreciate how good poyet's signings are. Yes, there's been the odd rubbish player (Dobbie, Harley) yet for the large part the rest have been outstanding. The names bridcutt, Lopez, ulloa, bridge, kuszczak, Greer, Calderon etc speak for themselves. In Gus we trust :albion2:

Jul 7, 2003
There are several fine players in that list but I voted for Kish. That may seem strange to some but he was probably the catalyst for the style of play we now have - having that defensive midfielder who is comfortable on the ball, who would pick up the ball from the back line and then start the team moving forward.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bridcutt by a distance for me.

Signing someone like Kuzsczak was a safe bet, we'd seen how good he was last season at Watford. No one had heard of Bridcutt. I know he got more games initially because of Navarro's injury but it still took great management to see something in him and throw him in a promotion chasing team so early.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bridcutt.

This poll next year might well see Ulloa running him very close though.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Bridcutt I the best player we've signed but for me Calde is the best signing - he sums up everything that's great about the Albion at the mo. Definite Club legend and future manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here