Poyet Open to Kaz Loan - Argus

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Disappointing to hear that filthy lucre jiggery-pokery is screwing things up a bit for us regarding the Kazenga deal, but having to negotiate with a toe-rag like Ashley & an arrogant wanker that is Alan Pardue was probably always gonna be a nightmare for G&T.

Fingers crossed that our guys eventually get their man.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
You dont learn do you, from all the shit that happened last week on this forum, you CANNOT simply make those comments with out any back up based upon the TRUTH. You might just be some 16 year old kid skiving from school trying to look like your in the know. You may also be someone in the no, either way, f***ing tell us what you know based upon fact or go back to school.

I am not 16

in my professional work i meet lots of Other professionals, some of which are involved with medicals.

I do not pretend to know about transfer speculation, but i do know about the medicals.

as of yesterday lunch time it had not been done nor was it booked to be done- the club give 24 hours notice for a medical, so i suppose it could theotetically be done this pm.

Last edited:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
How on Earth you can say you've been waiting and waiting for this deal to go through is beyond me.

Hardly any transfer dealings have gone through and we're not even close to pre-season yet. Oh, and he's Newcastle's player not yours.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
NUFC might want to take a gamble and send him out on loan for the season. Although out of contract next season if it goes to a tribunal after KLL has a successful season with us they might get our original bid or more as recompense.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I am not 16

in my professional work i meet lots of Other professionals, some of which are involved with medicals.

I do not pretend to know about transfer speculation, but i do know about the medicals.

as of yesterday lunch time it had not been one nor was it booked to be done- the club give 24 hours notice for a medical, so i suppose it could theotetically be done this pm.

thats fine, but are you 100% sure they will ONLY go to you for the medical?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
NUFC might want to take a gamble and send him out on loan for the season. Although out of contract next season if it goes to a tribunal after KLL has a successful season with us they might get our original bid or more as recompense.

Agreed. A loan would probably make more sense from Newcastles point of view. As suggested, a blazing season from Kazenga his stock goes up considerably! There could be serious competition for his services next close season. Of course, if he is proved to be just average in the Championship it could work against his valuation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. A loan would probably make more sense from Newcastles point of view. As suggested, a blazing season from Kazenga his stock goes up considerably! There could be serious competition for his services next close season. Of course, if he is proved to be just average in the Championship it could work against his valuation.

Is he really worth all the hassle to Newcastle though? He's not gonna get in the 1st team, he may be damaged goods because of the injury, in which case they'll get f*** all for him next year, whereas they can assumably get something for him now. Is he really important enough to them for them to get all precious about letting him come here. I'd suggest it's more likely that it is the Albion causing the delay probably having moved the goal posts themselves regarding the injury concerns.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] was talking as if he knew he'd failed his medical? was that a speculative guess?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he's got only 1 year left on his contract why would NUFC loan him to us? At the end of the loan he'd be near the point where he'd be able to go on a free anyway. It would be in our interest to get him on a long loan on this basis.

As for his fitness, he played for Newcastle at the end of last season so he's fit. And if he WASN'T fit and aggravated an injury then Newcastle might have written off £1.5mill in transfer fees that we were prepared to pay.

It's all very strange. Lots of player contracts finish 30 June and managers want to get their squads sorted as near to pre-season training as poss. You would think KLL would want to stay at the Toon if he figures at all in Pardew's plans. Maybe Pardew wants the option of having him as cover because he's about to shed a forward / winger?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Gus Poyet has admitted he would be willing to bring Kazenga LuaLua to The Amex on loan if necessary.

But the Albion manager still believes he can sign the Newcastle winger on a more permanent basis, despite a hitch in negotiations.

Poyet said "Its not an easy one. There are many options. My first impression was we would be able to buy him. Its negotiations. Things change when you negotiate. We would buy him if the numbers are right".

Asked if he would agree to a loan deal if necessary, Poyet said: "Yes, depending on the length of the loan. We will try and sort this out as soon as possible".

LuaLua is not expected to feature in Alan Pardew's plans for the new Premier League season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess things are not going as smoothly as we had hoped with this one.

Excellant news , we can break him again and Newcastle fix him for free whilst paying his wages, Gus is one smart cookie

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I just looked over this story again and I did miss something out:

""LuaLua seemed to be on the brink of a seven figure move south a week ago after proving his recovery from a broken leg"

Suggests no medical problems?

Is Gus a bit naive in his transfer dealings? You'd think he'd have learnt to stop bigging things up until they are done. Only 3 days ago he was "very comfortable" with the situation,

Not forgetting that he also said that he expected to have our squad in place for pre-season. He is gonna have to go some as at the moment all we have so far are two unproven replacements for our two best players from last season, other than that a big fat ZILCH.

Unproven to us. Both have played at Championship level which is more than Murray or Bennett have done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here