Poyet on Vicente..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

northampton_seagull

Jun 17, 2008
Northampton
I don't claim to be a managerial genius (I've never even played CM) but when, after 75 minutes, my boy asked me whether Vicente would come on, I said he'd have come on if we'd been winning 3-0 or if we'd been losing, but he wasn't the sort of player to come to hold on to a lead.

If it was obvious to me, I can't see why the OP couldn't see it.

Because the OP is a bellend.jpg?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Funny how people see the game differently. I always believe the best form of defence is attack, the opposition can't score if the ball is in their own half and your in possession.

100% agree however its a lot easier said than done

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
I don't claim to be a managerial genius (I've never even played CM) but when, after 75 minutes, my boy asked me whether Vicente would come on, I said he'd have come on if we'd been winning 3-0 or if we'd been losing, but he wasn't the sort of player to come to hold on to a lead.

If it was obvious to me, I can't see why the OP couldn't see it.

Had precisely the same conversation with my son at that point in the game. Seemed bleedin' obvious to me too, particularly when you think about how Gus eased him into the side after injury last season.

Not convinced we've really worked out how to effectively hold onto a single goal lead in the last 15 mins of the match even though we scraped home today, but I'm pretty sure trying to bring back an attacking flair player after a long period out isn't a recommended approach.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
We won. Why whinge you miserable sod? If we'd brought Vicente on, the result may have differed. Yes, we could have won 3-1 with his attacking value, but it could have ended 2-2 if Crofts was not on in his place...3 points is the maximum and to whine at that is pretty pathetic...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Would have liked it to have been 3-0, so he could have given him 25mins. But was not going to risk him at 2-1....
Exactly right.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hoskins on for Barnes would have been my preferred sub, he looked TIRED for the last. Anyhoo, i don't care, really happy with the win today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports