Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Poyet known to be keen' on Reading job

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
My Championship league table MUST be wrong. I didn't realise I was reading it upside down.

How is that relevant ?

Gus himself made the point things have to keep moving forward for him to stay.

That's clearly not happening and he is at fault as much as the players. I'm certainly not in the Gus out camp but we certainly aren't any better than we were 12 months ago.

Something needs to change, I'd love Gus to sort it out and correct whatever it is that is causing the underperformance. However his stubbornness and refusal to change things even when it isn't working makes me think its not going to change anytime soon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How is that relevant ?

Gus himself made the point things have to keep moving forward for him to stay.

That's clearly not happening and he is at fault as much as the players. I'm certainly not in the Gus out camp but we certainly aren't any better than we were 12 months ago.

Something needs to change, I'd love Gus to sort it out and correct whatever it is that is causing the underperformance. However his stubbornness and refusal to change things even when it isn't working makes me think its not going to change anytime soon.

Clearly not happening? We're 7th right? Finished 10th last yr. 1 point off the play offs with x games left?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Strange how every time a managerial vacancy comes up, Poyets name gets mentioned. Is it because he wants to do a runner or because he's doing alright so gets noticed? I'd rather he stuck around for a while longer. Better the devil you know and all that

upperwest J

Apr 17, 2012
I'm not sure if I speak for other albion fans but I have to say that I get fed up with everytime Gus is interviewed the topic always seems to be about him managing chelsea or some other far away option.
Lets be fair, he hasnt quite got it right at the albion yet. Players like Dicker playing when we have better quality options, having 3 decent wingers and having either 1 or none in the starting 11, building a team around vicente who doesnt seem to want to be at the amex, etc, etc

Gus, lets get this albion side sorted out and stop talking about your want for other clubs. I want my manager to fill me with confidence and bleed blue and white.
If you want away then stop talking about and do it so we can move forward

Mar 10, 2006
I'm not sure if I speak for other albion fans but I have to say that I get fed up with everytime Gus is interviewed the topic always seems to be about him managing chelsea or some other far away option.
Lets be fair, he hasnt quite got it right at the albion yet. Players like Dicker playing when we have better quality options, having 3 decent wingers and having either 1 or none in the starting 11, building a team around vicente who doesnt seem to want to be at the amex, etc, et

Gus, lets get this albion side sorted out and stop talking about your want for other clubs. I want my manager to fill me with confidence and bleed blue and white.
If you want away then stop talking about and do it so we can move forward

Very well put Mr Bloom

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Clearly not happening? We're 7th right? Finished 10th last yr. 1 point off the play offs with x games left?

This squad is alot stronger than last year, alot of non brighton supporters would look at the players that we now have and say we are underachieving.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Point taken and I'm not on an anti Poyet agenda whatsoever. I want him to sort the issues.

My point is we still don't look any better than last season, good in patches, bad in patches. I think we'd all accept our position and results if it wasn't for the fact we never seem to adapt our game when things aren't working. The fact we haven't won a game when going behind for over 18months reflects what I mean.

I understand Poyet has a way he wants to play, but it's his stubbornness to never change that makes us predictable and easy to work out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just chill people, we've got it great at the mo. And the future's bright...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
With all these austerity measures I can't see many libraries lasting, so it would be an unwise decision.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Driving home yesterday there was a throwaway line at the end of the news on 5Live that "after the game Gus Poyet said that he was not interested in the Reading job"
Didnt see any mention in his post match interview or anywhere since.......:shrug:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Blimey, I'd carry her kit bag.

View attachment 40268

That way madness lies. You start with carrying her bag and the next thing she'll be showing a dangerous independent streak which you quickly lose control of. You need to nip that sort of thing in the bud. I certainly wouldn't be letting her show pictures of herself like that in public. make sure she's fully clothed, no make-up and hasn't brushed her hair. You'll feel a lot more secure as a result.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Driving home yesterday there was a throwaway line at the end of the news on 5Live that "after the game Gus Poyet said that he was not interested in the Reading job
Didnt see any mention in his post match interview or anywhere since.......:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here