Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet is to blame for the clubs current position

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Ken Brown overstocking the shop to the point where it was practically being given away on the concourses, overstaffing where 18 middle management had to be made redundant with payoffs.
Transport costs in the first season costing over 1 million where fans didn't buy the travel vouchers thereby cheating the club.

The losses were not all down to the playing budget.

Indeed. That's before the new commercial deals are factored in as well. I've absolutely no doubt Barber was bought in to keep spending under control and it cost Brown his job.

I'll be Interested to see what our turnover, wage bill and loss is when the next set is published. That will be the first concrete set of evidence in our understanding of what impact Barber has made as well as if our wage bill did increase the following season.

Aug 23, 2011
I get what you are saying but Poyet was able to build HIS team from scratch and was not forced to sell any players as he did it. Oscar chose to leave but Sami has had to rebuild the team having lost all the best players and has not been backed in the same way Poyet was, again imo.

Poyet had it better than any manager since Mullery and did a good job but I do not believe Oscar and Sami have had the same backing from TB, so it is unfair to expect them to seamlessly take us forward.

I didn't ever expect Oscar (or Sami) to take things forward seamlessly and actually think the playoffs was more than I thought considering the unrest.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
We were playing at Withdean three seasons ago.....WTF is up with everybody?
Jeez every time I sit in my luxury blue padded and roomy seat, I have to pinch myself.:albion2:

It'll be fine.....give it time, and ENJOY the games, ffs.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
It is clear that there is a tight budget for signing players, Poyet stated this and Oscar and Sami have the same handicap,our Chairman is not able to meet the heavy running costs of a Championship side and various cost saving measures have been made.If we can maintain a decent position in our present league attendances will ensure our super stadium will not become a White Elephant

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Does anyone else think he took bridcutt and Buckley out of spite unsettling both players, Bridcutt never gets a game and Buckley admitted his head was turned by sunderland(poyet) .

Hows old sicknote Buckley now, found another gear at Sunderland has he, spending much time on the treatment table and what of his mate Bridcutt, is he withdrawing his services at the stadium of Light or is he fighting for a place in the first team. both of these players were massively influenced by Poyet and ripped off the Chairman, OG and the fans. I wouldn't want these mercenary tw*ts anywhere near our club, influenced yes but they had their own heads, oh and I believe similar agents also.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its the fault of whoever sanctioned the signings of midgets on the cheap instead of going large on Ulloas replacement.

It really really is that simple.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Threw his toys out of the pram when TB made it clear we needed to cut our cloth accordingly. Bloom gave him all he wanted and needed and arguably he should have got us promoted in his last season with us. We are still picking up the pieces from that season, Sami will come good I am sure but TB is rightly now very cautious with the purse strings after Poyet under achieved with a good budget and total control over the club. Shame cause I want to remember all the good he did but when I see him on MOTD I can't help but shout f!@k off Poyet at the TV!

Poyet should hold his head in shame

Barnes cost £100k sold for 750k
Noone cost 300k sold for 1.2m
Bridcutt cost 0 sold for 3m
Buckley cost 1m sold for 2.5m
Ulloa cost 2m sold for 8m

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lol if it was so simple...good players in a side and they don't need a manager ..hmmm
Not that simple, of course not - it would be stupid to think so. But, when a machine is set up just right, it can run perfectly for a while without any outside help. The team was settled, they all new their jobs and went out and did them. Hence we won ten matches. When some managerial input WAS needed, it was not forthcoming.
All there was was a turd on the dressing room floor................

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hows old sicknote Buckley now, found another gear at Sunderland has he, spending much time on the treatment table and what of his mate Bridcutt, is he withdrawing his services at the stadium of Light or is he fighting for a place in the first team. both of these players were massively influenced by Poyet and ripped off the Chairman, OG and the fans. I wouldn't want these mercenary tw*ts anywhere near our club, influenced yes but they had their own heads, oh and I believe similar agents also.

Sadly this is the most disappointing part of the whole sorry saga.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not that simple, of course not - it would be stupid to think so. But, when a machine is set up just right, it can run perfectly for a while without any outside help. The team was settled, they all new their jobs and went out and did them. Hence we won ten matches. When some managerial input WAS needed, it was not forthcoming.
All there was was a turd on the dressing room floor................

Why keep perpetuating that lie? There wasn't anything on the dressing room floor. There was a messy cubicle which wasn't the fault of any member of Albion staff.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Fool . If Poyet was still manager we would have made the leap upwards . He had more ambition than the club . He has fulfilled his to a degree and we are now looking at championship football for at least 5 more years ... Gus Poyet my Lord Gus Poyet .... Oh lord Gus Poyet ."..". Remember how that sounded because it won't be happening again for a while .....

albion1972

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
yes without poyet we would still be in league one. Jesus some people either have selective memorys or are just thick as pig shit to blame Poyet.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
You will be getting a thums up from me. When I work out how to do it on this new style thread.:thumbsup:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
yes without poyet we would still be in league one. Jesus some people either have selective memorys or are just thick as pig shit to blame Poyet.
We don't know that. I repeat, Sunderland points over 22 played only one more that we got under Sammi. To be fair, Sunderland have a cluster of 'easier' games coming up. Let's see how they do. They MIGHT pull clear.

Feb 14, 2010
Poyet got everything almost right but then wasted millions on CMS instead of keeping Murray. That decision cost premier league football. Not hindsight, many of us saw it at the time. Football managers are just ex players never did know as mush as us lot.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Poyet got everything almost right but then wasted millions on CMS instead of keeping Murray. That decision cost premier league football. Not hindsight, many of us saw it at the time. Football managers are just ex players never did know as mush as us lot.

He did not seem very vocal about losing Murray by his standards. Will Defoe be his CMS at Sunderland?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here