Votes: 35 13.2%
  • fence

Votes: 33 12.4%

• Total voters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Out of curiosity, even if Poyet was doing a bad job, which available manager that would actually be interested in joining us is any better?

If you went down the foreign road........ Plenty. Not saying that Poyet is crap though. It is still such early days in his managerial career. My biggest problem with him is when he says that everyone else pays us respect because THEY think we are better than we really are. I think WE are better than he realises and need to be more attacking away from home. I know our away record is good but at both Millwall and Derby we could have been out of sight with a little more self belief instead of hanging on for dear life at the end of those games. At the start of this season we ALL thought that we could be dynamite going forward but he has let confidence drain amongst our front men with the tactics we are employing.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Is Curbishley still alive?

ha, yes pundit on skysports...he worked wonders at Charlton...West Ham not amazing but he is of course ex albion too..i would rather stick with what we have and make it work

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course I'm not voting out but he is either slow to learn or pig headed. Everyone we play now gives us no time on the ball and I can't see that Gus has changed anything to mix up our play. Although today we did hoof the ball aimlessly at times but that was probably more in desperation than anything else.

I AM however starting to doubt that he is as good as I thought he was a year ago :shrug:

Maybe I'm just having a knee jerk reaction to the fact that we were absolutely woeful in every aspect of the game today except defence.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
If you went down the foreign road........ Plenty. Not saying that Poyet is crap though. It is still such early days in his managerial career. My biggest problem with him is when he says that everyone else pays us respect because THEY think we are better than we really are. I think WE are better than he realises and need to be more attacking away from home. I know our away record is good but at both Millwall and Derby we could have been out of sight with a little more self belief instead of hanging on for dear life at the end of those games. At the start of this season we ALL thought that we could be dynamite going forward but he has let confidence drain amongst our front men with the tactics we are employing.

It's a fair point as we could be more attacking.
In reply But sacking a young manager who's still developing would be the biggest mistake anyone can make. Look at all the majorly successful mangers today and the large proportion of them started their career with a medium length stint at a club. No reason why Gus can't be the same. Give him time

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I think you're wrong there. I would say the majority just aren't fickle enough to want a manager sacked after one bad spell. We all know that we're playing crap at the moment, but the answer isn't to just chop and change the manager every time you have a bad run of games, football doesn't work like that. Anyone who thinks it does is clearly a bit stoo-pid

We are doing ok but its a carbon copy of last years form...i would rather judge him in Jan...see if he brings in a capable striker to play with CMS. Look at Reading last year, they were well off the chasing pack until Jan they then bought in Jason Roberts, the rest is history

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
It seems that all the trolls have gone. Every time after a poor game they come on here and try to wind people up for half an hour. Then they sit back and get all excited by the responses. What a sad pathetic existence.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
As it seems the "out" group are basing their opinion on just today and not the future or previous games, explain this: we are 9th now and finished 10th last year. You must have wanted Poyet out even more at the end of last season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
In but I think Gus needs to have a bit more faith in his own players. Get back to the fast flowing football we played in league 1 the back 5 is good enough to do without a middle 3 who don't really go forward.

Here here. We always played with 2 strikers that season and used a flat back 4 with 1 in front, I don't get this flat back 8 and hang on for a result rubbish.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
It seems that all the trolls have gone. Every time after a poor game they come on here and try to wind people up for half an hour. Then they sit back and get all excited by the responses. What a sad pathetic existence.

Hey, there aren't enough of these polls. Why restrict it to just one after every match, even when B&HA have picked up a good away point?
Surely there should be at least one a day, or what about a pre-breakfast and post-dinner "Gus In Or Out"? We could then tell how people's opinions change depending on empty or full stomachs.
It is rather pathetic, you're right.

D

Deleted member 2719

Of course I'm not voting out but he is either slow to learn or pig headed. Everyone we play now gives us no time on the ball and I can't see that Gus has changed anything to mix up our play. Although today we did hoof the ball aimlessly at times but that was probably more in desperation than anything else.

I AM however starting to doubt that he is as good as I thought he was a year ago :shrug:

Maybe I'm just having a knee jerk reaction to the fact that we were absolutely woeful in every aspect of the game today except defence.

You right Gus needs to learn or he will never be going anywhere as a manager, i am going for the Pigheaded option thou.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Give over. Been a season ticket holder since 81 to the presant day, even the Gillingham years. I pay my money so am allowed to voice my opionion. I'll carry on being a season ticket holder for the forseeable future but will add my penny worth.

Fair enough mate, but why do you think we have a god given right to play 'flair' football every week. Arsenal-Man City fecked up this week. I have been a supporter since 1970 home and away but I do not expect to win 5-0 every week. Get a fecking grip- If we stay in this division for a few years and gradually get better that will be 'PROGRESS' !

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
I'm definitely edging towards the fence on this and the stats really do speak for themselves, we have not come from behind to win a game in 57 matches, ok some of these 57 games were wins or draws from a winning position but you still have to ask serious questions..
To me this shows we either have a lack of belief or fighting spirit which is hard to swallow, or that we fail to adjust tactically to the opposition or change our style of play in order to get back into the game which I think many more of us would agree with.

Today we have been hammered in possession and our attempts on goal either on or off target indicate we have not learnt anything from last week, we just don't look like scoring goals which is the whole point of the bloody game!

We were in the same position for large parts of last season, we have added some real quality since then but for all the promise and effort what have we gained?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
As it seems the "out" group are basing their opinion on just today and not the future or previous games, explain this: we are 9th now and finished 10th last year. You must have wanted Poyet out even more at the end of last season.

7pts of the relegation zone. We should of lost today and our performance over the last few games have been dire. Our draw today has papered over the cracks. All these people saying this or that player is crap or should be dropped is Rubbish. It's the manager who should get the flack as nhe picks the team and formation. Gus is to blame for our performances and the buck stops with himk, not the players.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think the problem with a lot of people is that they have this Poyet is a God complex and are too afraid to voice their real feelings because they are afraid of the pointless ill informed and moronic abuse they will get from others !!!
Wouldn't surprise me at all if either he walks or Bloom calls time on him very soon.
I agree with all of this.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
7pts of the relegation zone. We should of lost today and our performance over the last few games have been dire. Our draw today has papered over the cracks. All these people saying this or that player is crap or should be dropped is Rubbish. It's the manager who should get the flack as nhe picks the team and formation. Gus is to blame for our performances and the buck stops with himk, not the players.

Teams in the play offs are only 9 points from relegation. What difference does it make at this stage in the season. Post January you'd have a point.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."*
I think Brian Clough was talking about you when he said that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here