Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet charged by the FA...

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I think other members of the management team should question certain referee's appointments from now on :cool:

Standard fine of about £5K I should think. Or as it's the F.A. and Brighton & Hove Albion, 6 month touch-line ban! lol

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Did the Worzel also speak out against the appointment or is it just that he was sent off by that ref before? Either way the Worzel should also get a fine or Ban if Gus is getting one.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
He will be found guilty because he is, but he won't get a touchline ban, just a fine.

He will be found guilty because the FA are the ones issuing the charge and they are also the ones who sit on the case.

Judge Judy and Executioner. :jester:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
The FA are afraid to upset anyone in the Premier League but every other league is open season for them. They are gutless and whist Gus deserves his punishment as you can't go around complaining about appointments they should be consistent and the FA is not and will never be as the likes of Fergie can say what he likes when he likes and the beaks at the FA just squirm and open up another bottle of brandy to toast themselves.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He will be found guilty because the FA are the ones issuing the charge and they are also the ones who sit on the case.

Judge Judy and Executioner. :jester:

Not forgeting that the FA and Football League don't like the idea of free speech ! Managers aren't employed by them so why they think they can control what they say is beyond me.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Pawson is now my favourite ref! I never slagged him off or questioned his ability to take charge of one of our biggest games of the season at all!
I think we all dreaded the potential impact he may have on a game where the Croydon syncro diving team were on display, fearing another Burnley type scenario. What actually happened was quite the opposite and he turned in a really good performance. If Gus takes one for the team and has contributed to getting that performance from the ref good on him but I also suspect Pawson knew he'd get in the neck from 26k Albion fans if he started brandishing cards and soft fouls against us.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Standard FA procedure...

Yet they can't charge Callum McManaman for a 'horror tackle'...

this is the FA were talking about...right...? we often seem to get the dirty side of the spoon off the refs.......can't help wondering why this is , not expecting much on saturday as the silky , diving , pansy ,seagulls take on good old honest billy's , tough as nails , cloggy work-horse forest....we'll finish with 8 on the pitch and loose 11-0.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think his comments were well out of order personally, piling huge pressure on the ref and worthy of an FA charge.

However I also think they worked because Pawson gave them nothing, and I'm sure we could have a whip-round for the fine, for helping provide one of the truly great days as an Albion fan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe it had an effect, Pawson had an excellent game this time around

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think his comments were well out of order personally, piling huge pressure on the ref and worthy of an FA charge.

However I also think they worked because Pawson gave them nothing, and I'm sure we could have a whip-round for the fine, for helping provide one of the truly great days as an Albion fan.

You think the ref gave them nothing to even things up for Brighton do you ?

To even things up for Vincelot getting seen punching an opponent and rightly being dismissed and Barnes stamping down on admittedly a dangerous tackle from the Burnley player, 50/50 that one. Pawson wasn't that bad. To suggest he gave us decisions this time around is ludicrous mate.
We won it fair and square with no help from a biased official.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Gus hadn't mentioned anything about the ref it was almost guaranteed he would have given a penalty when Winifred blatantly dived in the box with about 10 minutes gone.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If referees are deemed not to be good enough they are 'relegated' to the Football League.

Quite why the fa didn't see the need to share one of their premier and superhuman officials is beyond me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You think the ref gave them nothing to even things up for Brighton do you ?

To even things up for Vincelot getting seen punching an opponent and rightly being dismissed

It was an elbow and reported by the 4th official, as the ref didn't see it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It was an elbow and reported by the 4th official, as the ref didn't see it.

Ok it was just an elbow in the ribs. I retract everything I said.

The 4th official.
He assists the referee to control the match in accordance with the Laws of the Game. The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all points connected with play.

If Gus hadn't mentioned anything about the ref it was almost guaranteed he would have given a penalty when Winifred blatantly dived in the box with about 10 minutes gone.

It would have been a penalty where it not for the fact that the ball , the ref and the rest of the players were all up the Palace end following play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here