Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet & Brighton

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
who do you think will have most success over the next,say 15 years? Gus Poyet or Brighton?

i think poyet will end up in spain after establishing brighton in the championship,with maybe a couple of play-off position finishes

i can see poyet being tempted by spain,a club like zaragoza,sociedad or villarreal and him being very successful,looking how he's trying to get us to play,i have a feeling poyet will be successful in a higher standard of football and who knows what that could lead to,the holy grail of barcelona or real madird

will gus stay in england after his time with us,can't see it,only a few clubs in the premiership would interest him and that would be unlikely,i don't think his son playing here would be enough to keep him in the english game without the right job,he might even consider a move to one of the south american giants,but again i think that's unlikely,even though he is uruguaian

so what about us for the next 15 years? has bloom got the finacial clout for a premiership onslaught?

personally,i think we will get into the premiership sooner rather than later,say within 5 years,but could have a wolves,west brom type of existance,which all said and done,ain't half bad when you look at our history

so looking at the next 15 years,ultimately i think poyet will be more successful than brighton,but great times are ahead of us,get those seats in,make the premiership and have some great players play in the brighton shirt,in an ideal world,gus would stay along for the ride,you never know!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
He'll do a Roy Hodgson - leave us for Liverpool, get sacked and come back with his tail between his legs and then end up signing for Palace for more money and be seen jogging round Preston Park with a Liverpool training top on the day the Palace coach is due to leave for a match against Southampton.

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
I believe Poyet will want to leave Brighton on a high. Whether that is winning the Championship/losing out in the play-offs or securing a place in the Premier League for a season. Think this would happen within the next three seasons (including this one). I can see him going to Spain perhaps but don't think he would go to South America. If he keeps within the radar (Europe) i'm sure if he did well some big English teams would pay him big attention. Is he any better than say... Roberto Martinez or Roberto Di Matteo?

C gull

Aug 15, 2011
Woodingdean
I believe Poyet will want to leave Brighton on a high. Whether that is winning the Championship/losing out in the play-offs or securing a place in the Premier League for a season. Think this would happen within the next three seasons (including this one). I can see him going to Spain perhaps but don't think he would go to South America. If he keeps within the radar (Europe) i'm sure if he did well some big English teams would pay him big attention. Is he any better than say... Roberto Martinez or Roberto Di Matteo?
Love to play football the right way but the way Gus plays puts players in trouble when receiving the ball hence all the bookings + doesent allways behave as he should

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think he'll leave within the next two years but as others had said he'll go abroad.

I can imagine this place will kick off big time when it does happen but it won't bother me at all, firstly because the Albion managers position has become very attractive and secondly As much as I love him as a manager, I really don't like him as an individual

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Spain would suit him as a country to manage in better than the UK, I too can see him going abroad after us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that his aim and ambition is to get us into the Premier League and he will see his contract out trying to achieve that. If he achieves it sooner rather than later he will become a sought after manager.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I haven't got a clue what GP will do over the next month - let alone the next several years, but I wish he'd cheer the hell up & stop his moaning. Maybe a course of Prozac would put a smile back on his chops?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here