Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet at swansea yesterday

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
A swansea fan told me gus was at the game yesterday rumour going around swansea is that swansea are after him. i told him more likely we are after one or more of thier players .any ideas who though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I rather think that if Gus was about to do one and sign for Swansea he'd be a little more discreet about it, rather than sitting in the stand in full view of everyone before a deal was done.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
A team would never sack their manager after just finishing 7th in the table.....oh.....:lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Although there was radio talk about Sousa taking Franco's job at West Ham no way is Gus signing for Swansea or anyone else.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
I rather think that if Gus was about to do one and sign for Swansea he'd be a little more discreet about it, rather than sitting in the stand in full view of everyone before a deal was done.

i didn't agree with him and was more interested in who gus could be after, i dont think that gus would do the dirty on us and leave unless it was for a much bigger club.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Maybe he was there to tie up a permanent deal for Marcus Painter?

No need, as he is out of contract Swansea haven't got anything to do with it surely?

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
i didn't agree with him and was more interested in who gus could be after, i dont think that gus would do the dirty on us and leave unless it was for a much bigger club.

well he did say he wanted to get to the prem ASAP

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
I know it's unlikely but I’m sure Swansea played Doncaster yesterday
Billy Sharp anyone? :dunce:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Maybe he was at the game as a guest of Natterjack.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
maybe he was there to watch who ever Swansea were playing?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When I was scouting 1996 ish for MA, I suggested Hayter when he was playing for Salisbury on loan from Bournemouth, he was about 18 and I was told he was no good as he had been with us as a schoolboy and been released as not good enough.

Last edited:

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
I was told by someone at the club he was a guest of Sousa's they then went for a meal together that evening at a local hotel. I do not know the purpose of the visit if I had to guess it maybe discussing possible transfers of players that may be available in the coming weeks although as you say Painter is out of contract so I doubt it is anything to do with him.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I thought maybe Coppinger or Hayter

Coppinger would be a great signing, was class in this league the year they went up. Didnt realise how old Hayter was, well, 31 isnt that old but i thought he was mid 20's. Could be a Swansea player maybe, Britton, Bodde, Craig Beattie?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I was told by someone at the club he was a guest of Sousa's they then went for a meal together that evening at a local hotel. I do not know the purpose of the visit if I had to guess it maybe discussing possible transfers of players that may be available in the coming weeks although as you say Painter is out of contract so I doubt it is anything to do with him.

Andreas Orlandi maybe - would be a great signing for us

or centre back Garry Monk - I think his contract is up this year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here