Poyet and effective football

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
If you look at Poyet's buys, they are all comfortable on the ball. Contrast that to Adams who ripped up a passing side and replaced them with "good lads" who just run around and who enjoyed practical jokes. Passing, skillful footballers were sidelined and called a "luxury". I have a feeling that a good footballer under Poyet will not get given that shit english football managers tag of being "a luxury". Hoofing is not effective football, its shit. Passing is effective football. If he get his buying right, we could be a good side. :clap:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Poyet is going to be a massive hit for us i can feel it.Bloom must give him as much cash as possible so he can build his own team in the summer.I'm hoping we get promoted next season so Gus sticks around a bit longer.
I would love Gus to be here for longer then his contract but i have that feeling he will jump ship at the first decent offer elsewhere.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Poyet is going to be a massive hit for us i can feel it.Bloom must give him as much cash as possible so he can build his own team in the summer.I'm hoping we get promoted next season so Gus sticks around a bit longer.
I would love Gus to be here for longer then his contract but i have that feeling he will jump ship at the first decent offer elsewhere.

I see what your saying but i think that he is the kind of guy that will want to finish what he has started. IF he gets us around the top 2 next season and someone came in for him I think he would want to see it through to the end and get us up first. IF he his then given a decent budget for the Championship I would have thought he would want atleast a season leading us out at Falmer. If it is a prem team however I guess you could not blame him for going. One thing I am confident of is that he will leave us in better league position and with a MUCH better squad than he got when he arrived!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
When Adams first arrived at club (first time) he built a side based on an all for one, one for all spirit. With the arrival of Zamora we stormed the leagues with a 25 goal a season forward and a strong spine to the team and a never say die attitude. This was the perfect formular at the time but not one that I think could be reapeated now as football has changed so much in the last decade. With quality players playing their football in the lower league because of the quality in the prem, the bullyboy tactics that you can muscle your way to sucsees is a thing of the past. Poyet is the right man at the right time for this club in my opion. With his stlye of play and his flair mentallity we will go from strentgh to strentgh he must be backed as far as is possible and I believe we can be challenging top end of championship in a few short years, just look at Hull, Fulham, it's really not that unrealistic given the right backroom team and an ambitous board/chairman.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I love the idea that we are building a side that want to keep possession of the ball. Throw in a goal scorer, attacking wingers and you get very exciting football. Will they be able to tough it out when they need to? I think with Calderon, Virgo, Crofts, McNulty, Painter, Navarro they will.

It's finally coming together and I can't wait for them to show us what they are capable of at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports