Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's style?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I expect it will take until Xmas for the players to have a consistent understanding of exactly how Potter wants us to play. Expecting a bumpy ride in the early stages with maybe a few Duffy-esque misplaced backpasses as we try and play the ball around deep. However in and amongst that I think we will see some green shoots of progress towards a more attacking philosophy.

I think you're right on Duffy. PotS last season, but I'm not totally convinced that he'll excel under Potter, because:
-- passing isn't exactly his strongest suit
-- if we defend higher up the pitch than we did under Hughton, his lack of pace and/or turning circle might get exposed (Dunk's most obvious weakness is also a lack of pace)

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Out of our opening 6 fixtures, only Man City finidhed in the top 9 last season.

Our first 3 home fixtures, West Ham, Southampton and Burnley are all winnable.

And Newcastle and Watford away are not the worst opponents for Potter to face early doors.

9 points from these 6 fixtures looks to be about par, so let's see how he fares.

That would be great. I see though a hangover from last season and no more than 3 points from the first six games. Recruitment could change that but I am not expecting it.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Well that goal was lovely!

Looks like pressing higher, passing quicker with less touches and more patient build up

* We're only 13 minutes in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here