Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter’s return?

Return of Potter

• Total voters

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
If there is any inkling of Potter coming back I’ll form a one woman starvation sit in outside Tony’s office, until Tony listens to me. Potter is not what this club is about. Potter can take his “holier than thou” attitude and stuff it where the sun doesn’t shine. De Zerbi had more passion in his little toe than Potter had in total.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
If there is any inkling of Potter coming back I’ll form a one woman starvation sit in outside Tony’s office, until Tony listens to me. Potter is not what this club is about. Potter can take his “holier than thou” attitude and stuff it where the sun doesn’t shine. De Zerbi had more passion in his little toe than Potter had in total.

This. I believed under Roberto. Potter thought he knew better than me and wanted to give out history lessons. I don't want him to manage us again.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'd take him but only after we'd exhausted all other options and I include Postecoglu in that, pee'd off at Spurs, wants a club that wants to win, it's only whether he means "wants a club that wants to invest to win" that'd change that.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We don't have a good record with second comings.

Mullery and Adams didn't go well. A long time ago though.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I wouldn't have a problem with it in terms of the way he left, but I can't see it happening. He predominantly played with 3 centrebacks with us, with two wing backs and we didn't use wingers in the way that we do now. The club has a glut of wide player's which means they can't all play behind the striker. I can't see Mitoma wanting to play wing back. And I would hate to see March get forced back there again, when he's clearly so much better higher up the pitch. Essentially I think our squad has moved on tactially, and going back to Potters tactics would mean players either being shown the door or being played out of position.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I'd take him but only after we'd exhausted all other options and I include Postecoglu in that, pee'd off at Spurs, wants a club that wants to win, it's only whether he means "wants a club that wants to invest to win" that'd change that.
if anyone decided to take him back then i trust a visit to the dentist is a priority for several extractions. Don’t ever forget all those bloody interviews and the sucking in of hurricanes through his teeth …

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
I trust in TB and PB. They will have had a plan for this since RDZ failed to sign a new deal.
If they believe GP is the man I will accept it and support the club as I have always done.
Maybe this is the reason why he didn't go to Ajax.
The appointment should made be for footballing reasons and furthering the club, not because some fans will throw their season tickets out of the cot.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Shit! Clicked on yes, but my vote appeared on 'Yes, but reluctantly'. No reluctance at all - if TBMBE and PBOBE go for a return of Potter, who am I to complain? Let's be honest (without idiots re-writing history), Potter did a very good job for us.
My gut instinct is the "no fecking way" option, as the way he left was totally underhand and classless, and I'm still pissed off with how he did, but that said I was "no fecking way" with Muzza too, until I wasn't (accepting Muzza wasnt wanted by Gus).

I hope its not Potter, but if it is, and if he could get back to where we were when we left (which was all starting to come together) and Potter shows a touch of remorse in how he left, the pragmatist says in a year from now, a few more No's today may be Yes's.

Better the devil you know or a punt?

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
My gut instinct is the "no fecking way" option, as the way he left was totally underhand and classless, and I'm still pissed off with how he did, but that said I was "no fecking way" with Muzza too, until I wasn't (accepting Muzza wasnt wanted by Gus).

I hope its not Potter, but if it is, and if he could get back to where we were when we left (which was all starting to come together) and Potter shows a touch of remorse in how he left, the pragmatist says in a year from now, a few more No's today may be Yes's.

Better the devil you know or a punt?
Agree with all of this. I think an added bonus would be if he did come back and carry on where he left off he would be less likely to get his head turned after the way it turned out last time. Can't really see it though. Of course another bonus would be that he could use his pay off from Chelsea to help us fund that new LB we need 😉.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
All I can say is...

Please, please, please be Potter.

He's a quality manager, and unlike RDZ he is proactively willing to learn. He can learn from RDZs successes and mistakes.

If he comes back, water under the bridge. I can't blame him for leaving. Mildly irritated by the "history lesson" comment, but I can easily get over that.

He's a superior manager to RDZ. Always has been, and that's clear now.

A return of Graham would be epic, particularly if it was successful, and I genuinely think it would be.

GRAHAM IN

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I’d have him back. I don’t think Tony would and I couldn’t blame him at all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Would be a good sensible appointment to steady the ship.
Not sure a ship needs steadying when it's reached its final destination.

Plus, we all know what would happen - he does well and then facks off again, taking a whole load more staff with him. Cue NSC meltdown. Again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here