Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter’s post match comments......

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
We’re going to need some after school tutoring with all this learning we’ve got to do after each game. There seems to be a back-log of lessons which we’ve yet to catch up on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Where is [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]?

I cannot believe that he isn’t wading into this thread!

The 2nd half was the last straw for Swansman.

He's probably trying to work out how to justify it. West Brom are rubbish, there's very little room for argument on that point. It's a massive opportunity blown for 3 points. It isn't terminal, we're only 6 games into the season. But 4 wins in 25 games is utterly indefensible. We don't look like winning games, for all our statistical dominance there isn't the cutting edge.

One thing that really worries me is a manager shoehorning a player into a team, which is what's happening with Ben White in the last two games. I think Potter needs to get back to playing the team which looked so promising, albeit without Dunk at the moment. Move White back into the defence and reunite Bissouma and Alzate in the midfield.

Just too much hormones in play at NSC the first 24 hours or so after a poor game. No point or pleasure in watching grown men lose their minds and wet their sheets. Its pretty much the same thing after every lost (or bad) game: the world is ending, relegation is close, everyone is shit etc. A lot of you have experienced hundreds of bad results and you know very well that it might be a different story next week. Its normal to be disappointed and critical but a lot of people are just too much when things do not go well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just too much hormones in play at NSC the first 24 hours or so after a poor game. No point or pleasure in watching grown men lose their minds and wet their sheets. Its pretty much the same thing after every lost (or bad) game: the world is ending, relegation is close, everyone is shit etc. A lot of you have experienced hundreds of bad results and you know very well that it might be a different story next week. Its normal to be disappointed and critical but a lot of people are just too much when things do not go well.

From your experience does Potter wobble and change his philosophy when under pressure? Maybe he hasn’t felt pressure like this before. The honeymoon is over and there were some negative looking tactics and a very negative substitution when Lallana came off last night. We were playing a team lacking in confidence and we stopped looking to attack once we took the lead. I found that really disappointing.

Thoughts?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

From your experience does Potter wobble and change his philosophy when under pressure? Maybe he hasn’t felt pressure like this before. The honeymoon is over and there were some very negative looking tactics and a very negative substitution when Lallana came off last night.b

Thoughts?

Do you think the Lallana sub was anything more than pre-planned? I am not sure the tactics were negative - they didn't work but negative I don't agree with. MacAllister and Alzate for Torssard/march and Gross for Lallana - I guess you can argue that they were negative in that he didn't bring on Connolly or Welbeck, but I don't think it was to see out the game, rather try and wrestle the initiative back with ball retention. That's how I saw it anyway..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you think the Lallana sub was anything more than pre-planned? I am not sure the tactics were negative - they didn't work but negative I don't agree with. MacAllister and Alzate for Torssard/march and Gross for Lallana - I guess you can argue that they were negative in that he didn't bring on Connolly or Welbeck, but I don't think it was to see out the game, rather try and wrestle the initiative back with ball retention. That's how I saw it anyway..

I thought not playing two upfront against a team that only had one point was negative. Having said that we did create chances that weren’t taken. Gross for Lallana was negative imo. Playing White rather than Alzate was just bizarre. All about opinions I guess

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I thought not playing two upfront against a team that only had one point was negative. Having said that we did create chances that weren’t taken. Gross for Lallana was negative imo. Playing White rather than Alzate was just bizarre. All about opinions I guess

Sure.. I guess the White one for me was predictable in that he played there vs. palace, and did a pretty good job. I still think he might stay there vs. Spurs given the way Kane is playing (dropping deep etc).

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
He was hardly going to say he couldn’t get the team up for the match and he failed to positively influence the team during the match.

We all have off days though, onwards and upwards

Post struck a chord with me. Both points spot on especially about not positively influencing during a match. His substitutions (or lack) rarely seem to have a positive effect and quite often the exact opposite. Same can be said for shape changes. It also worries me when a manager starts playing players out of position.

Is it an off day - I'm not so sure.

Concerned for sure but lets see where we are after 12 games

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

[emoji23]

Pretty accurate assessment

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
From home games against:

West Ham
Saints
Burnley
Norwich
Sheff Utd
Bournemouth
Villa
Watford
Palace
Newcastle
WBA

Under Potter we have just two wins.

13 points from 11 games.

If you chuck in the Spurs, Everton, Arsenal wins, Chelsea draw it's 24 pts from 15 games.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Tariq doesn't seem to be on fire as much as he was in the first three or so games..

I sense we're not making enough of his speed and skill...or is it that teams have sussed
us out?

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
From your experience does Potter wobble and change his philosophy when under pressure? Maybe he hasn’t felt pressure like this before. The honeymoon is over and there were some negative looking tactics and a very negative substitution when Lallana came off last night. We were playing a team lacking in confidence and we stopped looking to attack once we took the lead. I found that really disappointing.

Thoughts?

Lallana looked completly spent when he came off, not surprising considering he is not yet match fit

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I sense we're not making enough of his speed and skill...or is it that teams have sussed us out?

What is there to suss out? We'll keep the ball nicely, pass it around a bit and have a spell in a game where it's easy to score against us and even if we dominate for 90 minutes we'll probably only score once so you're never out of the game. We have a manager who doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of the players we have but a good performance and win is just around the corner! Always. Always just around the corner. We're due a win some time in the next 4 matches.

I'm not sure a win every 6 games is quite good enough when we lose 3 of them.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Tariq doesn't seem to be on fire as much as he was in the first three or so games..

I sense we're not making enough of his speed and skill...or is it that teams have sussed
us out?

Lamptey was a breath of fresh air in his first couple of matches, eg vs. Newcastle but like all youngsters their performances plateau and dip. He has got yellow cards for rash fouls, is accused of diving and has given away a needless but very harsh penalty. He’s also playing in different positions and with the exception of one match is playing for a team that can’t kill teams off. So on balance he has done quite well but needs to be more consistent- no surprise there.
BUT he is not the Messiah!! Good managers are spotting his weaknesses and are exploiting them. He starts the matches fast and furious, looks unplayable at times, goes down in the box quite easily??, gets booked for a needless foul and you don’t see him in the second half especially when the more experienced players aren’t around.

We have Lamptey, White, Burn, and at times March playing out of position (or not in a settled position) so it’s no wonder why we are all over the place as the games reach their final 20 minutes when it’s all hands on deck.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

What is an acceptable level of disappointment and criticality for you? Asking for a friend

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is comedy gold. If we had held out despite being absolutely shite second half, then this thread wouldn't exist.

Instead we're getting a load of bollocks about Potter's post match comments as if they mean anything, or that March is a championship player who can't finish - which kind of ignores that he was the best player on the pitch 4 games ago vs Man Utd (and scored a late equaliser), or that we don't score goals, when only 2 teams outside the top 6 have scored more. Still, mustn't grumble. Happy this board is being used for supporters to let it all out. I guess that's what it's for.

Spurs away next. We never win there. Then Burnley at home. We always drop points at home to Burnley. Yet despite that, we probably still won't be in the bottom 3 after these games!

Stop it, with your 'so called' reasonable commentary. This is not the time. I have cultured a massive kidney stone and I am determined to blast it out of my backside by the sheer force of my outrage. Basic anatomy and 'facts' can do one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here