Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter’s post match comments......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rename this thread Anti-Potter please mods - where’s the poll?
This thread is comedy gold. If we had held out despite being absolutely shite second half, then this thread wouldn't exist.

Instead we're getting a load of bollocks about Potter's post match comments as if they mean anything, or that March is a championship player who can't finish - which kind of ignores that he was the best player on the pitch 4 games ago vs Man Utd (and scored a late equaliser), or that we don't score goals, when only 2 teams outside the top 6 have scored more. Still, mustn't grumble. Happy this board is being used for supporters to let it all out. I guess that's what it's for.

Spurs away next. We never win there. Then Burnley at home. We always drop points at home to Burnley. Yet despite that, we probably still won't be in the bottom 3 after these games!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I think his comments after the game are a clue though.

We were in a rut last season, we will have another this season. The last 45 mins last night was a mini slump.

Based on last season abd the fluffy comments made last night I have very little confidence that he harnesses enough attitude to drag them out of these ruts.

He’s too soft and the players just coast along.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
From home games against:

West Ham
Saints
Burnley
Norwich
Sheff Utd
Bournemouth
Villa
Watford
Palace
Newcastle
WBA

Under Potter we have just two wins.

And this is why I am beginning to lose faith. it's all very good playing well against big teams, mostly losing but occasionally getting a result, but that only matters if you are beating the teams around you and we are constantly not doing that. And it's becoming a theme under Potter. Would really love to say how our points scoring around the teams closest to us or below us has been in the last year compared to other similar teams. I'm pretty sure we'd be bottom or near the bottom of the group.

And that is unacceptable and will, eventually, send us down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Honestly, these constant "we need to analyse and learn" messages are getting as tedious as they used to be from Peter Moores every time England got walloped in an ODI up to the 2015 world cup

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
And this is why I am beginning to lose faith. it's all very good playing well against big teams, mostly losing but occasionally getting a result, but that only matters if you are beating the teams around you and we are constantly not doing that. And it's becoming a theme under Potter. Would really love to say how our points scoring around the teams closest to us or below us has been in the last year compared to other similar teams. I'm pretty sure we'd be bottom or near the bottom of the group.

And that is unacceptable and will, eventually, send us down.

I see what you are saying, but the nature of the Premier League and where we are in the grand scheme of things almost dicates that.
1: When we play the big teams we are expected to lose and therefore can play with a fair amount of freedom.
2: When we play teams in around us in the league, we are expected to win, the significance is greater, the pressure is greater and ultimately we are pretty similar in quality and a result is usually gained by a mistake through a lack of concentration therefore we play more cautiously.

simple really

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Potter seems like a softy. The team need someone who will give them a bollocking after that but I can only see him giving them a cuddle.

He’s just not streetwise enough to get them to show true grit. We need an experienced top level coach.

This feels about right. He comes across as being too nice a guy, a bit one dimensional. These will be dubious qualities if we end up in a relegation battle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Waffle.

Would feel so much more respect if he got angry about the performance second half and said it simply wasnt good enough like Mourinho might

Well, I put my foot through the telly I was so disgusted. I expect my managers to be rude and irritable after a defeat, picking on individual performances, digging out individual players, making sour references to the tighness of the owner in the transfer market, and absolving themselves of any blame. That anodyn interview was unacceptable. Potter OUT!!!!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All match all you heard was Bilic effing and blinding constantly (****ing annoying) yet energising his players. Potter was a bit wally-with-the-brolly-lite. Bit Corbyn like too.

As opposed to a Johnson style , ‘We will fight them on the beaches’ speech.

LETS GET WINNING DONE’

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
We don't know what gets said behind closed doors and I understand that managers are not going to deliver a detailed critique in post match interviews,, but I would just like Potter to change the flippin' record once in a while, show a bit of passion and stop saying 'we have to learn from this.'
Ok, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference in the whole scheme of things, but it would make a nice change.:D

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Truth is though that he IS still learning. It was always a Bloom gamble to put an untried manager in charge. I am not sure how involved he has been in recruitment but am still hopeful that he can knit together what, on paper, is a pretty reasonable squad and get them to top of the bottom half of the table.
Yes, his interviews are boring and predictable. That’s his way of handling the pressure of the press side of management for which I doubt he has much experience.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He didn't do very well with Swansea and he's not doing very well with us. We've gifted him a squad with more than enough quality, he's been backed with the better part of £100m investment in the players he wants. We binned off a player of the season winner because Potter didn't want him. We couldn't have done more to back him, but the performances on the pitch are not good. They weren't brilliant last season either, despite picking up the odd win here and there and doing about enough to get our record points total.

I've been pretty clear on Potter since lockdown, consistently poor performances, the odd draw here and there. I'm not advocating sacking the man, but he absolutely shouldn't be talking with such disassociation. He doesn't strike me as a manager who wants to do better or who wants to win games every week. He doesn't seem overly fussed with the performances or the results. He's got a contract for all of time to sit on, good for him. Personally, I'd prefer to see a manager with genuine ambition.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
He didn't do very well with Swansea and he's not doing very well with us. We've gifted him a squad with more than enough quality, he's been backed with the better part of £100m investment in the players he wants. We binned off a player of the season winner because Potter didn't want him. We couldn't have done more to back him, but the performances on the pitch are not good. They weren't brilliant last season either, despite picking up the odd win here and there and doing about enough to get our record points total.

I've been pretty clear on Potter since lockdown, consistently poor performances, the odd draw here and there. I'm not advocating sacking the man, but he absolutely shouldn't be talking with such disassociation. He doesn't strike me as a manager who wants to do better or who wants to win games every week. He doesn't seem overly fussed with the performances or the results. He's got a contract for all of time to sit on, good for him. Personally, I'd prefer to see a manager with genuine ambition.

This, this and this.......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where is [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]?

I cannot believe that he isn’t wading into this thread!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Truth is though that he IS still learning. It was always a Bloom gamble to put an untried manager in charge. I am not sure how involved he has been in recruitment but am still hopeful that he can knit together what, on paper, is a pretty reasonable squad and get them to top of the bottom half of the table.
Yes, his interviews are boring and predictable. That’s his way of handling the pressure of the press side of management for which I doubt he has much experience.

Hughton used to get slated for his pre and post match nonsense, but all of a sudden we are excusing this guy because he's a rookey, he was gifted a Premier League position,

he now needs to show us that Bloom's decision was justified. He is getting away with poor performances at home because the Amex is empty and he feels no pressure.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Where is [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]?

I cannot believe that he isn’t wading into this thread!

The 2nd half was the last straw for Swansman.

He's probably trying to work out how to justify it. West Brom are rubbish, there's very little room for argument on that point. It's a massive opportunity blown for 3 points. It isn't terminal, we're only 6 games into the season. But 4 wins in 25 games is utterly indefensible. We don't look like winning games, for all our statistical dominance there isn't the cutting edge.

One thing that really worries me is a manager shoehorning a player into a team, which is what's happening with Ben White in the last two games. I think Potter needs to get back to playing the team which looked so promising, albeit without Dunk at the moment. Move White back into the defence and reunite Bissouma and Alzate in the midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here