Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter’s post match comments......

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Brighton boss Graham Potter, speaking to BBC Sport: "Frustrated, certainly the second half.

"Credit to West Brom I think they responded well. They played better in the second half and pushed us back and they deserved their equaliser. We have to learn from that.

"We created some good chances in the first half and with a bit more luck we could have had a bigger lead than 1-0.

"We have to analyse why we were not so good in the second half, why our performance dipped a bit but now we have to give credit for the opposition for raising their performance.

"We have had some good performances this season. There is more to do, we have to improve but something to learn from and build from."

He was hardly going to say he couldn’t get the team up for the match and he failed to positively influence the team during the match.

We all have off days though, onwards and upwards

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
That poor run of games mid season last year is front of mind. GP was unable to drag the team out of it without the lockdown break.

I do question his ability to get the best out of the team when performances/results are not good.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
...." with a bit more luck "....is complete and utter bullshit. It was poor finishing. Maupay is struggling and Solly couldn't hit a barn door at three paces. These two, in particular, have missed too many clear chances already this season to warrant another start v Tottenham.

My son (aged 13) said that Solly's career is looking very much like a "reverse Gareth Bale - starting off as an exciting right sided winger and ending up as a left back out of position".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
From home games against:

West Ham
Saints
Burnley
Norwich
Sheff Utd
Bournemouth
Villa
Watford
Palace
Newcastle
WBA

Under Potter we have just two wins.

For balance, we have beaten Spurs, Arsenal and Everton at home under him and our away record is far better than it was under Hughton. The clamour under Hughton was that we were not getting anything on the road and sitting back against big teams.

Those games do highlight that we have a massive problem turning good football into wins but they do not tell the complete story. Nevertheless - worrying.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have to question Potter's motivational skills , ok first half and all we need to do is kick on from it and yet we implode. His substitutions were poor. I listened to the game rather than watched. I thought Bissouma had been subbed no mention of him for much of first bit of second half. Most worrying is Maupay's body language in the last 2 games , according to Warren and Johnny he kept looking over to the bench , probably wandering why Connolly is not playing up front with him.

Some of the games have shown we are good enough but that's something that has to be shown every week. As others have said it looks like another hard season ahead.....

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Brighton boss Graham Potter, speaking to BBC Sport: "Frustrated, certainly the second half.

"Credit to West Brom I think they responded well. They played better in the second half and pushed us back and they deserved their equaliser. We have to learn from that.

"We created some good chances in the first half and with a bit more luck we could have had a bigger lead than 1-0.

"We have to analyse why we were not so good in the second half, why our performance dipped a bit but now we have to give credit for the opposition for raising their performance.

"We have had some good performances this season. There is more to do, we have to improve but something to learn from and build from."

I agree with every bit of that. We were good in the first half but hardly scintillating. They clearly got a roasting at half time and capitalised on a bit of complacency.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That was our 50th match with Potter in charge. You'd think they'd have learned what they need to learn by now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
...." with a bit more luck "....is complete and utter bullshit. It was poor finishing. Maupay is struggling and Solly couldn't hit a barn door at three paces. These two, in particular, have missed too many clear chances already this season to warrant another start v Tottenham.

You know that, I know that, everyone on here knows that, Potter knows that, Maupay and Solly know that.....he’s not going to say it publicly though is he.

Why does anyone read anything into the banal, forced bollcoks managers have to come up with for the benefit of the (PPV) viewers “

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Rename this thread Anti-Potter please mods - where’s the poll? ������

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are just not good enough and flatter to deceive

We keep being told these players are all quality international players.....nope!

Not getting a decent forward in, no matter what the idiots who keep going on about wages etc, will come back to bite us.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We are just not good enough and flatter to deceive

We keep being told these players are all quality international players.....nope!

Not getting a decent forward in, no matter what the idiots who keep going on about wages etc, will come back to bite us.

I don’t disagree with your post but wonder how much you think we’d have to pay, both in transfer fee and wages to get such a forward, esp one that doesn’t get injured or suspended.

Our philosophy has to be, for the time being, to scrap it out with our contemporaries at the bottom.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Potter seems like a softy. The team need someone who will give them a bollocking after that but I can only see him giving them a cuddle.

He’s just not streetwise enough to get them to show true grit. We need an experienced top level coach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here