midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
————————-Sanchez————————
———Webster——Dunk———Burn———-
Lamptey—Bissouma—Lalllana—Cucurella
————————-Trossard————————-
——-Maupay———————-Welbeck———

Agree with this XI personally. Only “headache” for me is Burn or Duffy.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Depends a bit on the opponent and form etc. but generally against most mid-table teams:

Sanchez

Veltman, Dunk, Webster

Lamptey, Gross, Bissouma, Cucurella

Trossard

Maupay, Welbeck

Gross in, Lallana out? ???

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sanchez

Lamptey Dunk Duffy Webster Cucurella
Bissouma Lallana Trossard
Welbeck Maupay

I admit I went with heart over head for Duffy. Sorry Veltman, you’re superb. And Solly - you’d be first sub. Sorry.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Depends on the opposition. Yesterday second half we played Dunk with Veltnam, Cucurella, Lamptey, March, Llalana, Mac Allister and Trossard. No Webster, Duffy or Burn. We were the better team (second half) when we had lots of smaller / quicker players on the pitch. Potter plays the players to beat the opposition. We don’t necessarily have a best starting XI.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It is all very hypothetical because they are rarely, if ever, all going to be fit at the same time and then there is the nature of the opposition and form to take account of. A worthy chat subject.
On what I have seen this season Duffy should play, he has probably done more and made less errors than Dunk, Veltman or Burn.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think we are as close to having a clear first 11 as we have ever been under Potter.

With everyone fit ( or not on bail)

Sanchez
Dunk
Webster
Cucurella
Lamptey
Bissouma
Lallana
Welbeck
Trossard
Maupay

With Duffy/Burn/Veltman as the alternates for the final place.

It feels weird to not be able to include Groß or March in the first 11 though doesn't it?

It would be nice to see that team get a run of games this season, preferably between Nov 6th - Dec 26th.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
You can’t see the obvious gulf in class between Lallana & Gross ??? I shouldn’t be surprised though you said the same about Cuco and March.

Gross has contributed way more in terms of goals assists and build up play and is far more reliable in terms of fitness and defensive shape. There is no obvious gulf in class they're both good.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Our strongest line-up is surely 3-5-2-1 Sanchez, Cucurela, Webster, Dunk, Duffy, Lamptey, Bissouma, Lallana, March, Trossard, Maupay.

That XI would guarantee a finish between 8th & 12th

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sanchez
Webster Dunk Veltman
Lamptey Bissouma Lallana Cucurella
Trossard Maupay Welbeck

Possibly Solly for Welbeck, and with Veltman having to push to the left, maybe Burn in there, but Veltman is a better defender.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
This would be mine, I'm a big Ally Mac fan. The beauty is that we have the personnel to be flexible.

Sanchez
Webster Dunk Veltman
Lamptey Bissouma Lallana Cucurella
Trossard Mac Allister
Maupay

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think if Lallana is fully fit, he rightly picks him everytime so swap him for Gross and I’d agree with that as Potter’s first choice 11.

If we are talking about Potters first 11 I suspect Gross would be in there every time too.
Not saying he would be in mine though, but what do I know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports