Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Really? One win at home in 2020, who would still be in a job now?

Given that for three quarters of the calendar year all games were BCD or with very small audiences this is hogwash as home advantage was all bit wiped out. Form is poor, performances have generally been ok.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
?? I don’t get what you want to say??
I have defended potter all the way until today! I believe he’s a very good coach just not with us it’s just not working out at all. If he got the sack I don’t see tb poaching a coach from somewhere as we don’t have the money as u say to pay out a 5 year contract and then a new coach but I could easily see lallana being given the job.

:lolol: ok

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Knee jerk? We’ve been dross for pretty much an entire year

We're relegation/bottom half strugglers, that's a our current level I'm afraid. We've not been dross pretty much all year, there have been some poor performances but there have also been some very good performances. Performance levels aren't really the issue bit converting those performances into points is the problem. Much like the gaffer we're a bit too nice at the moment and easy to play against.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Given that for three quarters of the calendar year all games were BCD or with very small audiences this is hogwash as home advantage was all bit wiped out. Form is poor, performances have generally been ok.

Either your having a laugh or deluded. I think deluded. We have only one once in a calender year in our own stadium and your finding excuses.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Either your having a laugh or deluded. I think deluded. We have only one once in a calender year in our own stadium and your finding excuses.

It's not good enough but that stat in isolation is not right, it requires some context which I have. I think Man Utd have won one home league game all season to date and if they win their 2 games in hand they will be two points off the top of the league. Home advantage has been pretty much abolished since the beginning of the pandemic.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
It is embarrassing and knee jerk, there was still half an hour left in the game when it was posted, why couldn't it be posted in the match threat and let the recriminations start after everyone fully digests the whole game when the raw emotion in is taken out of it?

I posted it with half an hour to play because it's was clear how poor we were........win or lose.

Take your Potter rose tinted specs off.................did you forget we were playing against the bottom team with 10 men and at home !

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I’ve supported Potter throughout. I genuinely believe, for the most part, we’ve played the best football under him that I’ve ever seen Brighton play. That being said, one home win in a calendar year and losing to the side that are currently bottom (with 10 ****ing men), with a single point, is unacceptable. We lose this, he either needs a war chest in January or he has to go.

That's the issue, Potter is managing with his hands tied behind his back quoting the ' I'm happy with what I got ' mantra which is probably instilled by those above. He needs support in the window to bring in much needed quality but don't hold your breath

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I posted it with half an hour to play because it's was clear how poor we were........win or lose.

Take your Potter rose tinted specs off.................did you forget we were playing against the bottom team with 10 men !

No tinted glasses at all just applying some much needed perspective. Today we were by no means great but we were by no means awful either. All of the stats, possession, shots, XG were heavily in our favour but they get a deflected goal and something to hang on to and it was tough to break them down. They've been pretty competitive all season and are better than their pure results suggest. I accept we need to turn these stats and performances into points and that's the conundrum at the moment. If the players had given up playing for GPott and performances were consistently bad then I'd say it was time for him to go, I really don't think either of those things are currently true though. Let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
?? I don’t get what you want to say??
I have defended potter all the way until today! I believe he’s a very good coach just not with us it’s just not working out at all. If he got the sack I don’t see tb poaching a coach from somewhere as we don’t have the money as u say to pay out a 5 year contract and then a new coach but I could easily see lallana being given the job.

Where’s the evidence he’s a good coach ?
Our set pieces are shocking , at either end .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
No tinted glasses at all just applying some much needed perspective. Today we were by no means great but we were by no means awful either. All of the stats, possession, shots, XG were heavily in our favour but they get a deflected goal and something to hang on to and it was tough to break them down. They've been pretty competitive all season and are better than their pure results suggest. I accept we need to turn these stats and performances into points and that's the conundrum at the moment. If the players had given up playing for GPott and performances were consistently bad then I'd say it was time for him to go, I really don't think either of those things are currently true though. Let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Do you not think performances are consistently bad? Genuine question.
Another - where do you see our points coming from to stay up?

Also, we tend to have more possession . It’s what we do. In terms of winning matches it has proved meaningless.
If anything, it’s a disadvantage as it leaves us open to the counter as , predictably, happened today.
Their goal wasn’t unlucky, it was coming.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Do you not think performances are consistently bad? Genuine question.
Another - where do you see our points coming from to stay up?

Also, we tend to have more possession . It’s what we do. In terms of winning matches it has proved meaningless.
If anything, it’s a disadvantage as it leaves us open to the counter as , predictably, happened today.
Their goal wasn’t unlucky, it was coming.

No I don't, do you really think we've been consistently bad this season or even recently? You can tell when the players give up and stop playing for a manager, we're far away from that. If we take our chances today we probably win that game 3-1 and everyone is happy. Only recent performance I've not been really dissapointed with was Leicester first half and going back further West Bromwich 2nd half.

I think we need to utilise the January transfer window and bring in a bit more steel and we've got to be a bit less easy to play against. We've gone full circle from Hughton in that under him at the end performances were generally fire but we had a knack of picking up points we probably didn't deserve, we now player some lovely stuff but don't pick up the results we should. We need to find a balance between the two and become a bit more gritty and in teams faces
I honestly genuinely think we'll be okay though, 4 or 5 teams from what I've seen this season who are worse than us.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
That's the issue, Potter is managing with his hands tied behind his back quoting the ' I'm happy with what I got ' mantra which is probably instilled by those above. He needs support in the window to bring in much needed quality but don't hold your breath

If you were TB would you be willing to invest given the fact that we have splashed significant amounts of cash on duds like Andone, Locadia, AliJ, Maupay, etc. The approach is clear. Buy cheap and develop or develop through the academy. Even if it means a season in the Championship. Potter is here to stay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If you were TB would you be willing to invest given the fact that we have splashed significant amounts of cash on duds like Andone, Locadia, AliJ, Maupay, etc. The approach is clear. Buy cheap and develop or develop through the academy. Even if it means a season in the Championship. Potter is here to stay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on whether they are prepared to lose the PL money and probably most of the 1st 11 if we get relegated. We would not come back up either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here