[Albion] Potter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Seems to have ruined Maupay. Doesn't have a clue about set pieces. Hasn't brought anyone in to work on finishing. Thinks Dan Burn is a left wingback. Got Alzate looking really good in CM then mysteriously binned him. Gave Sanchez one game then not even putting on his gloves when there's a PL and U23 game on the same day.

We do play pretty, pretty football though.

I find this the most baffling aspect of all. He was quite clearly an emergency stop gap, now Potter seems to think he's Roberto Carlos?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We're 16th because we're one of the five worst teams in this division and I can't see us winning at home all season.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don’t think he should be sacked but I do wonder if our good football would get the results it deserves if he didn’t tinker with the team so much.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I find this the most baffling aspect of all. He was quite clearly an emergency stop gap, now Potter seems to think he's Roberto Carlos?

I was on the Roar when Burn first played a few games. I made the point that every coach that has seen him rock up since he was six years old had told him "and you, son, are playing at centre back".

Clearly Potter and Ashworth know better :rolleyes:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Fridat night matches and Fridat night drinking are not good for me.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

It seems obvious that we failed to sign a left sided wing/full back.

So he has to make do with either Burn or Bernardo if March is not available.

I am most surprised that we still played Ben White in midfield against Burnley.
Bissouma did a superb job as a defensive midfielder. Did we really need White in midfield too?

Surely Mac or Alzate would have been a good shout?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We're 16th because we're one of the five worst teams in this division and I can't see us winning at home all season.

Funnily enough I felt so positive we’d be top 12.

But you’re right, we’re very pretty, but have such limited offensive threat that you have to wonder where the next win will come from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Happy to bet we don’t finish bottom 5 and happy to bet we win at least 3 games at home if you want to name a price and take either?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It seems obvious that we failed to sign a left sided wing/full back.

So he has to make do with either Burn or Bernardo if March is not available.

I am most surprised that we still played Ben White in midfield against Burnley.
Bissouma did a superb job as a defensive midfielder. Did we really need White in midfield too?

Surely Mac or Alzate would have been a good shout?

Good call re midfield

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Happy to bet we don’t finish bottom 5 and happy to bet we win at least 3 games at home if you want to name a price and take either?

Odds get a bit difficult with the combo but you're on with the positions. I get 20th to 16th inclusive and you get 15th and above. £20 to REMF?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s quite simple

White back in defence

A midfield three of

Bissouma
Alzate / Llalana / McAlister

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Welbeck looked good. Keep him fit we’ll be fine. I would VERY much like to see Ben White back in defence and Alzate in centre midfield though, please.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Odds get a bit difficult with the combo but you're on with the positions. I get 20th to 16th inclusive and you get 15th and above. £20 to REMF?

Yep let’s do it. And hope it’s you paying!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I'm saving this overhasty quote for the next home win.

Quote it, bounce it and shove it up my hairy backside every time we do because I'll be so happy I won't give a shiny shit.

Don't have the keyboard primed for Liverpool though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports