Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Relegation 6 pointer.
One team must win, the other must not lose.

We didn't have to be at our best, the result was all that mattered.

Yes the result matters more than the performance but let’s not pretend it was a good performance, I think we had 2 shots on target, barely tested the keeper and any time we did break we were way too slow. It’s like someone just said, if that header had gone in everyone would be saying Potter was stupid for sitting on the lead like that. IMO that was the poorest we’ve played overall since the restart.

I say this as a Potter fan by the way and yes we got the job done but IMO it was a poor performance, solid defensively though as we have been recently, United game aside.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Meh, Fence etc . . . . better to watch than CH teams but nothing in it results wise, yet.

5 games to go and we haven’t imploded against our relegation rival when it REALLY mattered. I was sweating today but we have last season’s points total with games still to go

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It was an average performance, disciplined and hardworking but hardly inspiring. Potter does not deserve excessive credit for today but he certainly does for how we have performed since lockdown and over the season. I am very happy to see the Progress.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Good result today. Performance was ok against a really poor side. Think it's a bit of a myth that Potter has got us playing well. We're good sometimes but we've been pretty dire at times this season too. Jury's out for me on whether GP will be the one to take us forward but I hope he is.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes the result matters more than the performance but let’s not pretend it was a good performance, I think we had 2 shots on target, barely tested the keeper and any time we did break we were way too slow. It’s like someone just said, if that header had gone in everyone would be saying Potter was stupid for sitting on the lead like that. IMO that was the poorest we’ve played overall since the restart.

I say this as a Potter fan by the way and yes we got the job done but IMO it was a poor performance, solid defensively though as we have been recently, United game aside.

Yeah, but setting an expectation that we have to win games like that by playing better football is unnecessarily harsh on the team.
This was our only 6 pointer of the restart. Sertting the team up to be expansive would have been foolhardy.
We set up to contain Norwich. They had some half chances which they missed. Don't think Ryan made a save, worthy of the name.

Very few players played poorly, so I wouldn't have called it a poor performance.

Worth noting also that we scored a goal of absolute quality. Which we haven't managed in games where we have played much better football.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m on record here as being a fan of the Potter project and I’d have been ok sticking with him even if we go down.

In his first season in the Premier League, he looks set to keep us up.

It’s a very good achievement anyway, but to do so whilst changing the entire football philosophy of the club makes it a great one.

We’re a club on the up, we have a great young generation of players coming through, and we have a talented, forward thinking, intriguing English manager.

Fantastic appointment by Tony Bloom, and if we can progress further, next season will be very interesting indeed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I said back in November what a great manager he was. Glad to see Bloom offered him a new contract so quickly after joining us.

Things really looking rosy now. Well done Bloom.

You are the voice of NSC and your football knowledge knows no bounds :thumbsup:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Very excited about next season. I think he will have learned immensely from this season; both in terms of the squad and the league itself. With a couple of signings in the summer I can see us maybe aiming slightly higher than avoiding relegation

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I said back in November what a great manager he was. Glad to see Bloom offered him a new contract so quickly after joining us.

Afternoon, O king of comedy :lolol:

:thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very excited about next season. I think he will have learned immensely from this season; both in terms of the squad and the league itself. With a couple of signings in the summer I can see us maybe aiming slightly higher than avoiding relegation

Definitely need a couple of players, for example, we would really suffer if Maupay got injured.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

A great manager? sorry but that's totally laughable, especially when said just after a narrow victory against a very poor and doomed Norwaich side.

Yes ok, so we are almost certainly safe from the drop now, and maybe that alone should be classed as us having a suiccesful season, maintaing our Premier League place, but many posters are going way over the top here in their praise for our manager

I suppose you will expect us to earn a European place at the end of next season Spence? :facepalm:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m surprised by a bit of negativity about today. Obviously not a pretty game for the neutral but I thought we played it out perfectly from our point of view.

We limited them to one chance which obviously we had a bit of luck with, but playing away against a team desperate for the win, that is really impressive from us. That chance even came as a surprise to me as I didn’t really feel nervous throughout the match, I thought we were in control. We weren’t having to do the desperate last ditch defending of the end of last season for sure.

We looked like a strong, experienced premier league team against a naive side not really in our league.

Last edited:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
a great manager? Sorry but that's totally laughable, especially when said just after a narrow victory against a very poor and doomed norwaich side.

Yes ok, so we are almost certainly safe from the drop now, and maybe that alone should be classed as us having a suiccesful season, maintaing our premier league place, but many posters are going way over the top here in their praise for our manager

I suppose you will expect us to earn a european place at the end of next season spence? :facepalm:

w h o o s h

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here