Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter out poll 29-12-2020

Potter out or in

• Total voters

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Your correct we should ignore every teams current form and position based on its squads value, well maybe go and look how much we have spent net spend on average per season we should be 6th or 7th.

You're correct it isn't an exact science just an indication as to how awful it was we were beaten by them.
Brighton & Hove Albion - £159,100,000 Arsenal - £454,800,000

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Net spend Last 5 years updated June 2020

1. Man City – £601.98m
2. Man Utd – £484.88m
3. Arsenal – £267.88m
4. Everton – £225.42m
5. Brighton – £214.86m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
So just before 9am the morning after the night before we've got 118 NSCers voting for Potter to keep his job.

Even allowing for the obvious trolls, that's well over 100 genuine Albion fans feeling this way, if I was feeling flippant I'd get all biblical, "Forgive them Lord for they know not what they do"

But still, seriously?

Do you honestly think this man keeping his job is for the good of the club?

NSC is an ecletic mix, we debate, we argue, sometimes we even fall out, but at the end of it all we've have one common denominator, we all love the Albion, be it if we've been supporting 5 days, 5 months or 50 years.

I know I went into print and on line the other week and stated a senior club figure emphatically stated that Potter would keep his job even if we were relegated, but that was then, we've reached the tipping point, the last few games have proved he is not fit for purpose and it fast becoming the worst manager I've seen at the club since 1973, (he's running Hypia and Case very close now), surely even Tony Bloom is big enough and astute enough to admit his mistakes?

This is NSC, this is footballing opinion, so please any of the 118, the floor is yours, I, and countless others on here, think you are all deluded but you rightly have the right to reply...…..

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I would imagine a hell of a lot of people were still just giving him the benefit of the doubt and then the team news is delivered coupled with the performance has teetered them over the edge.

Yep. I feel far less pissed off this morning than I did last night, but still really not convinced he can turn it round anymore.
I've seen a fair few 'but it was arsenal' comments. This is arsenal who had 5 wins all season until last night and have looked absolutely shocking for the most part. And aside fromm last night and the bonkers line up and pathetic 2nd half performance/too late to make changes despite every man and his dog recognising we were going to concede, it's a culmination of results and performances. (the Sheffield United game another case in point amongst many this season)

Last edited:

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
It is what it is and I'm not convinced getting someone else in would make a big difference. Who, realistically, would be our saviour?? Admittedly I'm miffed by him not making the glaringly needed changes earlier in a game but what bugs me more is having so many feckin polls about this. He's our manager and we can see there are some improvements in how we actually play so big responsibility does, IMO, fall with the players and the person who brings them in.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It is what it is and I'm not convinced getting someone else in would make a big difference. Who, realistically, would be our saviour?? Admittedly I'm miffed by him not making the glaringly needed changes earlier in a game but what bugs me more is having so many feckin polls about this. He's our manager and we can see there are some improvements in how we actually play so big responsibility does, IMO, fall with the players and the person who brings them in.

It came to me in the shower this morning, even till the end of the season, what about Lallana player manager?

He's got the experience at the highest level, I'd imagine the respect of the entire playing staff and frankly he cannot be any worse than GP?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
So just before 9am the morning after the night before we've got 118 NSCers voting for Potter to keep his job.

Even allowing for the obvious trolls, that's well over 100 genuine Albion fans feeling this way, if I was feeling flippant I'd get all biblical, "Forgive them Lord for they know not what they do"

But still, seriously?

NSC is an ecletic mix, we debate, we argue, sometimes we even fall out, but at the end of it all we've have one common denominator, we all love the Albion, be it if we've been supporting 5 days, 5 months or 50 years.

I know I went into print and on line the other week and stated a senior club figure emphatically stated that Potter would keep his job even if we were relegated, but that was then, we've reached the tipping point, the last few games have proved he is not fit for purpose and it fast becoming the worst manager I've seen at the club since 1973, (he's running Hypia and Case very close now), surely even Tony Bloom is big enough and astute enough to admit his mistakes?

This is NSC, this is footballing opinion, so please any of the 118, the floor is yours, I, and countless others on here, think you are all deluded but you rightly have the right to reply...…..

The silence from Bloom and Barber is deafening. I think they really shot them selves in the foot with all the top 10 stuff. If they had been honest and admitted it’s all about staying in the PL as they did when Hughton kept us up the last time, then we would all be more accepting

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If we can get the likes of Josh King in, and Dan James on loan, and do it quickly then I think Potter should stay. We are short of quality up front.

However, every forward is playing below par, there must be a reason for that and it is a big worry.

A different manager might get more out of the forwards.

Don't panic Max Watters will save our season.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
It came to me in the shower this morning, even till the end of the season, what about Lallana player manager?

He's got the experience at the highest level, I'd imagine the respect of the entire playing staff and frankly he cannot be any worse than GP?

I’d defo have him in caretaker charge with Murray now

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Every player must learn to play in every position then the squad becomes more dynamic and each player easily substitutable, isn't it obvious !
I play 'old mans marbles' for the local club and was doing fine, then the coach says he is not happy with my stance and I should try something different, so I do and my game turns to shite.
2 shite games later I change my stance back to the way it was and told the coach that 'if it ain't broke...............' playing much better now.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pretty conclusive.

Interesting that a good few family and friends who were 50/50 are now out from the texts last night.

Potter is Hypia levels of incompetence unfortunately.

SuperPete

May 13, 2019
Brighton
Potter has to go surely.
Forget 50 million on a new striker.
We have players who can score goals.
We need a manager that can get them scoring!

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I’m still trying to work out if Potter has ruined Maupay, it’s 50/50 or solely down to Maupay. All I know is something hasn’t been right since he was dropped. This suggests how it was handled was poor

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

But still, seriously?

Difficult one to Answer.
We are in a poor run but I think that the bloke needs an opportunity to turn it around, He has shown that he can get us playing excellent football.
I would rather lose looking like we may have a chance of competing rather than packing our own 18 yard box and hoping the other team don't score. No one can win every game.
I think NSC has a group of overly aggressive angry individuals who will never be happy (present company excluded, I'm sure) and will be calling the new manager a useless prick after a couple of defeats. So, if you take those votes out of the poll, it would be a much closer vote.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Out from fence.

The problem as I see it is that Potter is so obsessed with theory, he seems to be forgetting that in order to win matches you need to score goals. Its all very well putting together pretty passing patterns and player instruction on chalkboards but unfortunately, it takes no account of what the opposition are doing and we just don't seem able to respond to that.

His formation last night was awful, the defending for the goal abysmal and the fact we didn't bring a striker on until after Arsenal scored drove me nuts. Arteta had a top quality striker on the bench and used him. Potter just sat on his arse watching us play pattercake football until it was too late.

We need a manager who can tough it out and get into the players, one with a much harder edge. If you look at the teams around us and their managers, Dyche, Wilder, Parker (not sure about Allardyce but he is a more progressive manager than some give him credit for) I'd rather have any of them than Potter at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here