Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter out poll 29-12-2020

Potter out or in

• Total voters

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
We are a laughing stock. Have been for for 90% of 2020.

Had a shocking slump after new year, rescued by COVID. Started well this season, got worked out, stopped scoring snd entered slump two. History shows that potter cannot get us out of it.

He’s had adequate time to prove his worth. He was a gamble and as bloom will know gambles don’t always pay off.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I’m in until the day Bloom sacks him or accepts his resignation at which point I’m out.

This is not because of any sycophantic reason but because Bloom is just as big a fan of our club and has as much football knowledge as any of our fans and pundits.

He also most importantly can talk to Potter, talk to the players and knows his plans for the transfer window. He is in a far better position to make an informed decision than literally anyone else. I’m not going to claim to know better than him what to do.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Agree re Locadia and AJ. Think we've been badly burned by those transfers. I like the style of recruitment with players like Lamptey, but I think it needs reinforced with some top quality players. Could another manager do better? Very probably, but sacking Potter gives us the task of replacing him, which would be very arduous at this time in the season. For me though, it comes down to the fact that, as much as I love Tony and am eternally grateful for everything he's done, if we continue to underspend like this we will be relegated. Any manager would struggle with a squad when the only options to play left back in a flat back four are Burn or Bernardo, and the strikers are amongst some of the most inefficient in the league.

Potter has managed some 'ugly' results, Wolves away, Sheffield United away, Villa away this season to an extent, but at the end of the day you and I both know we'd be winning significantly more games if we had just one two players who had that little bit extra. Sack him now, and there's always that 'what if' question, what if he'd had proper funding to implement his style etc. We'll see in January if Bloom is willing to back him. If not, then maybe it is time to get someone in who can 'win ugly', as you put it, but at the end of the day that only prolongs the inevitable: relegation because the squad isn't good enough. And potentially at the cost of a manager with huge potential.

Tremendous post,

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That was painful to watch. So slow in our build up, pedestrian football that is so easy to defend against.

This wasn't our spirited loss where we are creating chances and dominating the game. To be fair I felt that we could and should have done this against a pretty slow and ponderous Arsenal team.

So much work to be done, how does Lacazette get left in so much space in the box, we've got three centre backs and two wing backs, surely someone should be picking up the man??

Fence for me, I am losing faith (a little slower than others but it appears to only be heading one way).

Question for me now is: Who can get a better tune out of this squad?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Agree re Locadia and AJ. Think we've been badly burned by those transfers. I like the style of recruitment with players like Lamptey, but I think it needs reinforced with some top quality players. Could another manager do better? Very probably, but sacking Potter gives us the task of replacing him, which would be very arduous at this time in the season. For me though, it comes down to the fact that, as much as I love Tony and am eternally grateful for everything he's done, if we continue to underspend like this we will be relegated. Any manager would struggle with a squad when the only options to play left back in a flat back four are Burn or Bernardo, and the strikers are amongst some of the most inefficient in the league.

Potter has managed some 'ugly' results, Wolves away, Sheffield United away, Villa away this season to an extent, but at the end of the day you and I both know we'd be winning significantly more games if we had just one two players who had that little bit extra. Sack him now, and there's always that 'what if' question, what if he'd had proper funding to implement his style etc. We'll see in January if Bloom is willing to back him. If not, then maybe it is time to get someone in who can 'win ugly', as you put it, but at the end of the day that only prolongs the inevitable: relegation because the squad isn't good enough. And potentially at the cost of a manager with huge potential.

Potter picks the team out of a jamboree bag he is out of his depth unfortunately

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We are a laughing stock. Have been for for 90% of 2020.

Had a shocking slump after new year, rescued by COVID. Started well this season, got worked out, stopped scoring snd entered slump two. History shows that potter cannot get us out of it.

He’s had adequate time to prove his worth. He was a gamble and as bloom will know gambles don’t always pay off.

I don't think we've been a laughing stock at all. For the most part this season people have been very impressed with us and most have noted how unlucky we have been.

The rest of your post is sadly, spot on.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I guess one question is, do the players believe in him and his methods? Hard to sense at the moment but, as mentioned by plenty, not much fight showing. If they don't then, of course, he is in big trouble.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thankfully for GP the team will be playing to empty stadiums so is shielded somewhat from direct criticism from the fans in the ground. Not sure they take much notice of internet forums.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Out, have been for a while but hoping something would click.

The team selection was bizarre, to ask players to suddenly come in on mass and just perform is bad enough then with no recognised cf in the starting 11 even more bizarre.

It was clear by about the 55 min a tactical change was needed, we only made a change once they scored and then it was the wrong changes.

It's getting more desperate, and the naivety is frighting

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think we've been a laughing stock at all. For the most part this season people have been very impressed with us and most have noted how unlucky we have been.

The rest of your post is sadly, spot on.

We are a subtle laughing stock.

We are doing all the perceived "right things" that stop us being a long ball playing, nine points a season, living joke. But any manager worth their salt in this league has praised us to the high heavens whilst taking three points off us.

What does that tell you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We are a subtle laughing stock.

We are doing all the perceived "right things" that stop us being a long ball playing, nine points a season, living joke. But any manager worth their salt in this league has praised us to the high heavens whilst taking three points off us.

What does that tell you?

A sniggering stock? :lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Some people seem to prefer Potter to the team they support. Perhaps when he leaves they can form a phoenix club. Potter and Hove albion or something.

I have voted out for the 1st time as I simply could not believe the starting line up. It was as if we were just hoping for a draw when surely we should of played with strikers against a side that we had every chance of beating!!. That, to me, is the mark of a manager who just doesn't know what to do?.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Bloom likes potter so cannot see him sacking him and if not he's got to back him the January transfer window if we are serious about staying in this league just my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here