Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter out poll 29-12-2020

Potter out or in

• Total voters

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Because most football fans are idiots. Sorry, but they are.

It is so obvious that every opposition fan, manager and pundit points it out all the time. We have come absolute leaps and bounds under Potter.

We are unrecognisable. We, for the first team, are a genuinely good team. This is down to Potter.

If he was allowed to invest in some key positions this summer, we would be flying high right now.

At the beginning of the season we got praised, but it was short lived. Lots of pundits now really questioning us. And rightly so. As are the fans. Absolute rubbish that most fans are idiots.

We're are genuinely as good as our league position. Which, under Potter at the moment, is likely to take us into the bottom 3 next game or so. Then i just don't see Potter being able to mastermind our way out of it.

The football hasn't been good to watch for a good while now, eother. Its turgid, predictable and bereft of ideas and confidence.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Slow possession based football that is easy to defend against. Same tempo, no variance. A one trick pony that has been found out. The Emperor's new clothes!!

The fact that we get so many shots would suggest it's not easy to defend against though?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Out out....... complete with slippers and a tesco bag with milk and bread.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
We need a new Manager that can get the nasty side out of the players. Andone has to be given a chance to battle and we need a combative midfielder in the jan window like Oatway was.

More important that we keep our best midfielder Bissouma, all the spiciness we need with sublime skill, today he had tie over and aboe every single player on the pitch, he's too good for Brighton, but boy do we need him this season, and to be fair he owes us this season after faith we've shown in him.

As important to us as Bridcutt, Minton and back in day Codner! Ok many will disagree with Codner but was great for us in 1991.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Slade
Gus
Hughton

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Shifted from in to fence.

Same here, I'm losing hope. Arsenal ain't the invincibles but to get anything you need goalscorers.

No Welbeck tonight either? Very disappointed

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think if we get to Fulham with no more points and don't win that, he has to go.
I think that is when I'll give up.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
The only thing that will move me from IN to OUT is an announcement that Gus is coming back.
This will also save on Training kit.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Well, we are in the bottom 3 based on the form table (last 6 games). That feels right based on what I am seeing. Only Sheffield United look shittier than us (and we gave them one of their 2 points).

So yes, I probably would welcome a change of coach now. Equally, I wouldn't be bothered if we kept him. I'd probably be happiest if we kept GP, bit the bullet and bought (guess what) a decent striker or two.

Things can change very quickly, but at the moment we are Championship-bound. Now that's OK for me - no VAR is a major plus point - but it's not OK for the Club nor for Tony Bloom.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
The thing that is really sad is that if Potter plays his strongest 11 available today we could of won that game . That starting xl has sent him to the gallows in a lot of the fans opinions

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
How so, we create chances but don’t have the players to take them. The final third is the problem and it doesn’t matter who we put up there

Nope, not only the final third and our inability to score goals, have you seen our awful defending recently? the way we let in those two goals at West Ham at the weekend was little short of shambolic. I'm left wondering who is coaching our players.

The guts have disappeared from the team, and there is no onfield leadership. Do you remember the squad of players under Hughton? Duffy, Sidwell, Rosenior, Kayal, Murray, none of them the captain, but all leaders on the pitch. None of them around now.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Not just on here the anger . On Facebook and the Argus the club is getting a right kicking . Hope Potter does not read anyone of it as its clear his support has gone apart from a few on here who lets be honest think that 0ne home win in 17 games is progress:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I fear if we drop into the bottom 3 we will not get out of it. The players just don’t seem to have the mentality. Yet potter thinks they needs to keep fighting- wasn’t sure they had started actually graham- look at Fulham that’s what you call fighting

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Nope, not only the final third and our inability to score goals, have you seen our awful defending recently? the way we let in those two goals at West Ham at the weekend was little short of shambolic. I'm left wondering who is coaching our players.

The guts have disappeared from the team, and there is no onfield leadership. Do you remember the squad of players under Hughton? Duffy, Sidwell, Rosenior, Kayal, Murray, none of them the captain, but all leaders on the pitch. None of them around now.

The recruitment model of having experience for the championship and Premier league has evaporated in place of lightweight midfielders and rookie defenders. The only experience we’ve really replaced them with is man of paper Lallana.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Yes agreed. It’s a combination of factors. Personally, I think the signings of Locadia and AJ in particular killed us. I’m not sure we’ve ever recovered from such major outlays being so poor.
More recently it’s been patchy. Lamptey aside I can’t think of any who’ve smashed expectations. You could say Bissouma, but he cost a lot in the first place. Webster is still struggling to justify the outlay. Maupay a pricey rough diamond. Bernardo - paid too much. Trossard, Izquierdo - not really justified outlay. It goes on.
That said, I still feel another manager might get us over the line. We need some horrible wins, some cheap goals. Doesnt sound appealing, I appreciate, but Potter’s way could see us gently cruise to relegation without a fight.

Agree re Locadia and AJ. Think we've been badly burned by those transfers. I like the style of recruitment with players like Lamptey, but I think it needs reinforced with some top quality players. Could another manager do better? Very probably, but sacking Potter gives us the task of replacing him, which would be very arduous at this time in the season. For me though, it comes down to the fact that, as much as I love Tony and am eternally grateful for everything he's done, if we continue to underspend like this we will be relegated. Any manager would struggle with a squad when the only options to play left back in a flat back four are Burn or Bernardo, and the strikers are amongst some of the most inefficient in the league.

Potter has managed some 'ugly' results, Wolves away, Sheffield United away, Villa away this season to an extent, but at the end of the day you and I both know we'd be winning significantly more games if we had just one two players who had that little bit extra. Sack him now, and there's always that 'what if' question, what if he'd had proper funding to implement his style etc. We'll see in January if Bloom is willing to back him. If not, then maybe it is time to get someone in who can 'win ugly', as you put it, but at the end of the day that only prolongs the inevitable: relegation because the squad isn't good enough. And potentially at the cost of a manager with huge potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here