Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter out poll 29-12-2020

Potter out or in

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Most genuinely good teams get more than £5m spent on their team in the transfer window. Potter doesn't have that luxury.

We're playing brilliantly, but are one or two players short of picking up all the points we deserve.

Potter is doing a phenomenal job considering. He really is.

Transfer fees aren’t the be all and end all.
Lallana & Welbeck if under contract would be £20M+ each. Veltman also £10M+.

Outside of the big clubs & promoted teams, there really wasn’t that much spent in the PL in the summer.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Because we’re so so close to being a v good team. If we fail, so be it, but please let’s not go back to those last 6 months of Hughton or some other anti football merchant
Someone else on this thread reckons Potter”s lost the dressing room... absolute tosh. Losing the dressing room performances are Hughton v muff at home and McGhee v Stoke at home. We’re nowhere near either of those.

Personally, I think investment is the answer. We make a lot of chances, just need an attacking line that can make the most of them...

[emoji106]

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
1 win in 14 games

OUT, OUT. OUT, OUT, OUT, OUT, OUT

No recognised striker for most of the match

OUT, OUT, OUT, OUT, OUT, OUT, OUT

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Out.

Another manager with an ounce of integrity would get far better out of this team. Time to accept it was the wrong appointment and move on.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Because most football fans are idiots. Sorry, but they are.

It is so obvious that every opposition fan, manager and pundit points it out all the time. We have come absolute leaps and bounds under Potter.

We are unrecognisable. We, for the first team, are a genuinely good team. This is down to Potter.

If he was allowed to invest in some key positions this summer, we would be flying high right now.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] amongst the abusive lot there are some heartwarming posts on NSC again tonight.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Again, alternatives to Potter do not have to be anti-football. It is possible to play nice football and win.

Im never going to suggest a Pulis or Alladyce type, but they both did actually get Palace (pulis) and Sunderland (sam) playing decent football.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If you think relegation is catastrophic you have to vote out.
The argument for ‘in’ or even fence, is that he would take us back up, and in a stronger position to make a push.
Make no mistake - Potter is taking us down.

Agree with most of your sentiments, but you would accept relegation as you believe Potter would take us straight back up? really?

Getting p;romoted back from the Championship is an absolute lottery, plus think of all that lost revenue. The Premier League really is the only place to be, and we have to protect our status for as long as we possibly can.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Transfer fees aren’t the be all and end all.
Lallana & Welbeck if under contract would be £20M+ each. Veltman also £10M+.

Outside of the big clubs & promoted teams, there really wasn’t that much spent in the PL in the summer.

Villa £81m
Leicester £57m
Newcastle £35m
SheffU £51m
Stains £36m
Wolves £74m
CP £20m
WestHam £20m

Albion £6m

Look at this way, even if we had Lionel Messi and Harry Kane as a front two i STILL think we would be in the shit because when attacking the defence/midfield spend soooooo looooooooooooong bringing the ball forward the opposition can get everyone behind the ball. Thats down to Potter Im afraid.

Even our best player by miles Bissouma has still been neutered and NEVER makes a shot on target any more.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
What sums him up for me was bringing Trossard on instead one of the 3 remaining strikers when we’d just conceded

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I was having this discussion outside of NSC with a dear friend and fellow lifelong Albion fan, he’s one of the most sensible and rounded individuals you could ever wish to talk to.
We were saying that whilst it’s plain to see that Potter has revolutionised the club from front to back, first team t to youth teams, he simply doesn’t seem to possess the ability dig in and fight. We will clearly continue playing the same brand of football until the death. Burnley are now pulling away from us, there’s very much a 4 way scrap for relegation and we are in the thick of it. Now, if we were to sign the golden goose in January I do believe we could play our way out of, but if the squad remains as it is we will probably get swallowed up, there’s too much tinkering, players being used out of position for anyone to build any form. It’s on a bloody knife edge right now and I don’t know which way it’s going to go.

Left field thought based on this, would Potter make a better DoF?

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
Because we’re so so close to being a v good team. If we fail, so be it, but please let’s not go back to those last 6 months of Hughton or some other anti football merchant
Someone else on this thread reckons Potter”s lost the dressing room... absolute tosh. Losing the dressing room performances are Hughton v muff at home and McGhee v Stoke at home. We’re nowhere near either of those.

Personally, I think investment is the answer. We make a lot of chances, just need an attacking line that can make the most of them...

CH played to the teams strengths if GP continues to play expansive football that looks nice we will get relegated. Also there has been investment, our first two seasons we relied on Glenn Murray! We have better strikers now...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Villa £81m
Leicester £57m
Newcastle £35m
SheffU £51m
Stains £36m
Wolves £74m
CP £20m
WestHam £20m

Albion £6m

Palace spent that on 1 player, see my comments on the 3 we signed, compare that to some of those that only signed 2-3 players.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Because most football fans are idiots. Sorry, but they are.

It is so obvious that every opposition fan, manager and pundit points it out all the time. We have come absolute leaps and bounds under Potter.

We are unrecognisable. We, for the first team, are a genuinely good team. This is down to Potter.

If he was allowed to invest in some key positions this summer, we would be flying high right now.

How do you measure this, as our results (what matters) show otherwise.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One home win in 2020 and even that was lucky - not acceptable.

Get rid.

The only possible way he can stay is if we spend BIG money on a striker, which will not happen. The starting XI was unfathomable and the sign of a manager who has very very little left to give.

Agreed, when l saw that starting eleven, l thought to myself, panic has set in now.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I think the poll itself is not a bad idea. But immediately after a game when emotions are high renders it a bit tabloid.

I like your perspective vagabond, and usually I'd agree with this, but this is no different to having a stadium full of 30,000 Albion fans voicing their opinion at the final whistle and chatting about it in the concourses and on the train home. I believe there probably would have been boos at full-time and a lot of anger thereafter. We just don't have that luxury due to Covid, so we're on here instead. I'd usually agree that NSC isn't the arbiter of Albion opinion, but speaking on behalf of my family (who don't post on NSC), they're now Potter out.

I don't think this is an NSC thing now, I think it's growing Albion-wide. I think Potter-in is quickly becoming the minority - that's not to say they're wrong, but numbers wise I think Potter-out is growing, not just online.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
39 currently ‘In’, delusional or visionary?

The floor is yours Gents (and Ladies) ........

I was one of the ones who voted " In "

I didn't vote that way because I think he is doing a great job. He most certainly isn't ; however, he is playing the way the Hierarchy want him to play and he is playing they Players that they want him to play because the recruitment team don't want to concede to a lot of mistakes in the transfer market .

That's why I voted " In ". There seems to be this " if we go down let's go down to external praise for how we play attitude "

I think he is brave in how he plays and that style of play comes with risks.

His philosophy is to accept those risks and I think he is given the go ahead from above to accept those risks from above. And so when those risks become costly I don't think he is 100% to blame. So for that reason I voted " In "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here