Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter out poll 29-12-2020

Potter out or in

• Total voters

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Because most football fans are idiots. Sorry, but they are.

It is so obvious that every opposition fan, manager and pundit points it out all the time. We have come absolute leaps and bounds under Potter.

We are unrecognisable. We, for the first team, are a genuinely good team. This is down to Potter.

If he was allowed to invest in some key positions this summer, we would be flying high right now.

Genuinely good teams tend to win occasionally.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just want to say, it is not "knee jerk" to want Potter out. It would be if we'd won five on the bounce then drew, to win once at home in 12 months is not.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I completely agree, however, reality says no significant gains in January, more likely lose Bissouma, who has kept us in many games

What concerns me most is Potter doesn't appear to have the ability to coach/select/manage to win ugly and keep us in the PL. going down will be disastrous.. . . .I tihnk it's coming. The clue was in the kit

The pinstripe kit wasn’t worn until the cup final ... so we were already down

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
Come leaps and bounds Looooooooooool the biggest joke I have heard look at the numbers they do not lie!

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
Because we’re so so close to being a v good team. If we fail, so be it, but please let’s not go back to those last 6 months of Hughton or some other anti football merchant
Someone else on this thread reckons Potter”s lost the dressing room... absolute tosh. Losing the dressing room performances are Hughton v muff at home and McGhee v Stoke at home. We’re nowhere near either of those.

Personally, I think investment is the answer. We make a lot of chances, just need an attacking line that can make the most of them...

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Most genuinely good teams get more than £5m spent on their team in the transfer window. Potter doesn't have that luxury.

We're playing brilliantly, but are one or two players short of picking up all the points we deserve.

Potter is doing a phenomenal job considering. He really is.
But we are not playing brilliantly, we are playing ok for a team midtable with some good moments but generally going backwards. I agree at the start of the season we were good but that has long gone.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Most genuinely good teams get more than £5m spent on their team in the transfer window. Potter doesn't have that luxury.

We're playing brilliantly, but are one or two players short of picking up all the points we deserve.

Have you actually stopped watching games?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

What are you smoking fella? you're off your nut

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm just about to fall off the fence, but without an obvious candidate to come in I'm desperately clinging on and desperately hoping Potter can show us something.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If we fail, so be it, but please let’s not go back to those last 6 months of Hughton or some other anti football merchant

Again, alternatives to Potter do not have to be anti-football. It is possible to play nice football and win.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Because most football fans are idiots. Sorry, but they are.

It is so obvious that every opposition fan, manager and pundit points it out all the time. We have come absolute leaps and bounds under Potter.

We are unrecognisable. We, for the first team, are a genuinely good team. This is down to Potter.

If he was allowed to invest in some key positions this summer, we would be flying high right now.

I was having this discussion outside of NSC with a dear friend and fellow lifelong Albion fan, he’s one of the most sensible and rounded individuals you could ever wish to talk to.
We were saying that whilst it’s plain to see that Potter has revolutionised the club from front to back, first team t to youth teams, he simply doesn’t seem to possess the ability dig in and fight. We will clearly continue playing the same brand of football until the death. Burnley are now pulling away from us, there’s very much a 4 way scrap for relegation and we are in the thick of it. Now, if we were to sign the golden goose in January I do believe we could play our way out of, but if the squad remains as it is we will probably get swallowed up, there’s too much tinkering, players being used out of position for anyone to build any form. It’s on a bloody knife edge right now and I don’t know which way it’s going to go.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
We need a new Manager that can get the nasty side out of the players. Andone has to be given a chance to battle and we need a combative midfielder in the jan window like Oatway was.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Not that the option is there, but I've definitely moved from 'In' to 'Fence' tonight. I still believe that the team has potential, but the arguments for sacking him increase game after game after game. Relegation would be catastrophic

I also don't think you can call it a 'knee-jerk' reaction when we've won 1 (ONE) home game in an entire calendar year

If you think relegation is catastrophic you have to vote out.
The only argument for ‘in’ or even fence, is that he would take us back up, and in a stronger position to make a push.
It may not be a great argument, but it’s all there is.
Because make no mistake - Potter is taking us down.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Inexcusable to start with all our strikers on the bench against a team that are just about the softest touch in the division. Bloķe's nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is

Inexcusable to change the team to such a degree match on match too. I'm sure there were a few players out there tonight who hadn't even met some of the others, because they play so irregularly.

It saddens me to see the heart ripped out of Chris Hughton's old team. almost it seems, just for the sake of doing it, and the leadership and the togertherness, both attributes that we modelled ourselves on for so long, have completely disappeared. I don't disagree that perhaps Chris's time was up, but to leave nothing behind of what he spent years laying in place is both sad and wrong.

I'm sure that on a personal lvel Graham Potter is a very nice bloke, but sadly, professionally, he is out of his deptgh in the Premier League.

If we do decide to make a change though, it needs to be now, to give the new incumbent a whole transfer window to work with, and maximum time to avoid the drop. Yes it will involve paying out a lot pf money to end his contract, but still just a drop in the ocean to what we stand to lose should we be relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here