Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter out poll 29-12-2020

Potter out or in

• Total voters

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
And that graphic shows exactly how reactionary some of our fans are...2 days off the back of one game

Normally I would agree with you and I have been very quick to moan about the manager out threads - however, I think tonight's line up was akin to a boxers corner man throwing the towel in!

On the upside I will be able to take Swansman off ignore, as he won't be here much longer! Every cloud eh!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Surely the squad is far better than the squad Hughton had in his time here? We are just not pragmatic enough to win matches, we leave gaping holes in our defence and concede set piece goals for fun. Welbeck and Maupay on the bench tonight, and Welbeck doesn't even get on, why?

Under Hughton, Albion struggled. And the football stunk out the league.

The defensive record under Potter is no worse. Albion conceded less goals last season than the previous one.

Also, I think the league is stronger than under Hughton's time. We should have been relegated in 2019 really, but somehow survived.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
First time out vote for me. Really wanted it to work but that was abysmal. When you’re relying on Veltman, Burn and Bernardo to create for Ali J and MacAllister you have clearly run out of ideas. Truly awful

Good points, and as much a hate to admit it, if you watch Leeds, they are always running at pace, we jog about, no intensity, often moving backwards. Its utter shit.

Bielsa, as much as it pains, would get more out of this group.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Not that the option is there, but I've definitely moved from 'In' to 'Fence' tonight. I still believe that the team has potential, but the arguments for sacking him increase game after game after game. Relegation would be catastrophic

I also don't think you can call it a 'knee-jerk' reaction when we've won 1 (ONE) home game in an entire calendar year

Completely agree we have potential within the team, but seriously doubt Potter can realise that potential, constant tinkering, players out of position, he has single handedly destroyed confidence within the squad.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
OK, for the Potter fans, let's hear why we should stick with him. The results are clear, so let's understand why we should stand by our man in spite of them.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And here’s one of the abusive posters.

Better be careful with this guy, he invents conversations that he’s had with you and uses it against you. Genuinely disturbed by that.. First person I’m going to block here.

At least others who have a pop use my own words (and I’m more than happy to have back and forth with these guys).

Oh mate, grow up. I’ve not been abusive to you once, not even close to it.
Only one of us has been inventing stuff that the other one has said and I’m pleased to announce that it’s isn’t me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Inexcusable to start with all our strikers on the bench against a team that are just about the softest touch in the division. Bloķe's nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
20:30
'Every game is a fight'
Brighton 0-1 Arsenal

Brighton & Hove Albion

Seagulls boss Graham Potter speaking to Amazon Prime: "I thought it was OK. In the first half we competed well. Regarding chances it was quite even.

"If you don't score and they do, then that's how it is.

"Our workrate was really really good. We fell short and didn't come away with anything.

"We're suffering at the moment. The level we're playing at the opposition have qualities themselves and can score from one chance.

"Our job is to create more chances and limit the opposition. Despite where they are in the league they have good attacking players.

"We feel like we've consistently performed well. We've been in the games In this league you do suffer, but you have to stick together.

"There are no easy games in this league. Nothing changes from our perspective. Every game is a fight."

But my young son Vagabond understands this better than most

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe there is a problem with Maupay and he wants alternatives

But given we have problems with Ali J, Locadia and maybe Maupay - thats £50M of players on the scrap heap so you can see why Bloom may be reluctant to keep throwing money in.

Coupled with the clear out Potter has been responsible for - Murray ( 6 months after a new 18 month contract ), Andone (striker...) , etc etc...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
In, obviously.

He's done everything that has been asked of him. Developed youth, played positive and progressive football.

He has just been let down by the club. Barely investing in the first team is not really acceptable, unless you want to play football like Burnley. You can't have your cake and eat it.

We could get rid of Potter, and get someone who plays backs to the wall, ugly football. It might keep us up. It might not. But we would NEVER progress to the next level like that.

Potter is doing everything right... he just doesn't have the players to turn 1 point into 3.

I completely agree, however, reality says no significant gains in January, more likely lose Bissouma, who has kept us in many games

What concerns me most is Potter doesn't appear to have the ability to coach/select/manage to win ugly and keep us in the PL. going down will be disastrous.. . . .I tihnk it's coming. The clue was in the kit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here