Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
His best bet would be to run a PL club’s academy and under 21s, develop them over a period and, if successful, take them through to the first team as manager. Not sure many clubs would have that level of foresight or patience.
How would that work? At what point would he stop managing the under 21s, and start managing the main team, and what's the first team manager supposed to think of their temporary role while the club waits for Potter?

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Career wise, I think going to Chelsea was mistake for Potter, but he’s made a load of money so I’m sure that will soften the blow of being sacked.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Career wise, I think going to Chelsea was mistake for Potter, but he’s made a load of money so I’m sure that will soften the blow of being sacked.
You think? Colossal career mistake. Pochettino probably having the same thoughts. There is something very wrong with CFC. Not sure who’s pulling the levers of power.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think the wife has more control over things than people will give it credit for. Apparently they are very settled down here and reluctant to move.

I still see him taking the Palace Job at some point.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Perhaps his next move will be international. He has credibility in the bank. Doesn’t have long with the squads during the International break though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think he needs to have a bit of success at his next club for his own confidence.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's blown that for a while. Nothing to suggest he has the personality for it.
Has he?

Southgate sacked as a championship manager prior to the England u21’s

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I wouldn't be surprised if GP is suffering from a type of PTSD. Yes, we can all talk about the money he's still earning and how he's set up for life etc etc but I suspect his experience since leaving Brighton has been pretty tough mentally.

Does he go out in public anymore? Does he read the social media vitriol that still exists? Has the confidence that he once had now evaporated? Does the phone still ring and do his old football contacts still text him?

Don't get me wrong, I booed the guy as loudly as anyone when he came back to the Amex with Chelsea and I'm not saying that football management is for the faint-hearted. But having gone from being a hero at Brighton, feted as potentially one of Europe's top coaches, to failing spectacularly and facing abuse and ridicule from all sides must be a very tough thing to experience, especially in such a short space of time.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
My take is Southgate’s replacement.

Left field is Alonso will move to a top club at the end of the season. He did a brilliant job in taking an underperforming Leverkusen side who were languishing in the lower reaches and got them into Europe. He’s also got them off to a great start this season. Potter to the Bundesliga?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here