[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Because graphic design is my passion, I have spent the last 24 hours conceptualising a banner design for the game at Chelsea. I hope you guys like it, feedback welcome.

1680504980753.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He will be back but given what must have been an incredibly stressful few months I’d expect him to take a break from football until the summer window. Good idea to be more circumspect about choice of club next time, his saddle bags will be full of life changing money so he should go for a genuine project at a fallen giant, with a good owner in the Championship, who are not a moneybags club. I have no idea who that could be though. I actually expect him to end up at Palace though :smile:

I no longer want him to fail and hope to see him resurrect his career….unless he does end up at Palace of course, I don’t want to see their slide arrested.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Agree. They are much more likely to go for a big name manager used to dealing with top players and their egos. It would be far too much of a risk after the failure of the Potter experiment.

I think Spurs however could go for RDZ, especially if Chelsea nab their favoured candidate.
Not so sure about Spurs. When we signed RDZ I remember him saying he had specific demands about how he likes to run the team, which fitted with Tony’s vision, I’m not sure Levy would allow him the freedom he wants and if RDZ knows Conte he’ll get some honest feedback from him !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's a good coach, a decent man and I wish him all the best. The Albion progressed under him exactly as he predicted to Bloom and Barber. Boehly is a sleazy scumbag who neither likes or understands football.

There goes your exclusive, within an inside track, on the finances of Chelsea :lolol:

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's a good coach, a decent man and I wish him all the best. The Albion progressed under him exactly as he predicted to Bloom and Barber. Boehly is a sleazy scumbag who neither likes or understands football.
Spot on. The thing is, Chelsea are still Chelsea. You simply cannot begrudge an ambitious manager for wanting to test himself at the highest level, it's just a real pity that it happened at Chelsea.

"Hey, Mr Potter? Come here and we'll surround you with your mates, pay you £10m a year and give you time to create a tight group of players to build a serious team"

[Narrator: But Chelsea did not give him time...]

Instead they bought him 25 tricky but flaky attacking midfielders but, crucially, no striker and inflated the squad to an unmanageable size with players bought purely because other clubs were interested or because they happened to be in the BBC Gossip column that day.

Winstanley seems to have fully reverted to the Locadia/Jahanbakhsh days too, which is easy to do if you're not being pointed at players by Bloom's magic data wand

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Winstanley sounds like a peice of work, Tony could have been secretly pleased to get rid.
From what I've heard it wouldn't be the first time he's done this; although at the Albion it was someone considerably more junior.....

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think a lot people are getting very upset with the idea of laughing at Potter. I wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for the weird easy life digs, very strange all round. He jumped ship when he got greedy when everyone could have told you this would happen. He lives a richer man, but all this bollocks about wanting to progress his career was nonsense, he won’t get another top job for a long time, if ever.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
A lot on here saying Potter to Leicester.

I can’t imagine a worse fit.

A manager unproven at battling relegation and who is supposedly best when he has a “project”, and most importantly, time.

And most managerial appointments seem to be when there has been a perceived failure of the previous incumbent.

So I honestly can’t see Potter getting a job in the near future in the Premier League.
Maybe some Championship clubs will take a punt at the end of the season.
Southampton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports