[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
All very strange
Bjorn and Benny have followed him everywhere and yet they’re still in place.
Very unusual.
Maybe there’s something under the surface here we haven’t got to yet?
Maybe team followed him everywhere as each move was a significant move up the football pyramid for more money until now.

Now it's Chelsea on biggest money they'll ever get or follow Potter into being jobless.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not impressed with Bruno to be honest; left us in the lurch but takes over as interim at Chelsea. Wonder if he’s trying to get a job as a permanent back room figure.

Second worst Chelsea manager of this lad’s lifetime

He might be 12 tho who knows

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Barney Ronay excellent as ever.

"Here, at a club that demands swagger, panache and a little bit of nastiness from its managers, was a coach who looks like he’d say sorry if you stole his watch, who at one point had to defend himself from claims he didn’t become angry enough in a press conference while defending himself for not having become angry enough during a game."

Brilliant article as always

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If the rumours are true, then it is costing £60m to buy Potter out of his contract...
That figure is the total cost of paying off Tommy, buying Potter from us, his wages so far and a pay off. It’s a “by mutual consent” situation and he won’t get his full contract paid up.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
A lot on here saying Potter to Leicester.

I can’t imagine a worse fit.

A manager unproven at battling relegation and who is supposedly best when he has a “project”, and most importantly, time.

And most managerial appointments seem to be when there has been a perceived failure of the previous incumbent.

So I honestly can’t see Potter getting a job in the near future in the Premier League.
Maybe some Championship clubs will take a punt at the end of the season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That figure is the total cost of paying off Tommy, buying Potter from us, his wages so far and a pay off. It’s a “by mutual consent” situation and he won’t get his full contract paid up.
Mutual consent can mean anything as both parties have agreed to end the contract. For Brandon Rogers for example it could mean a payout better than if he was just sacked, maybe so he doesn’t persuade others to come with him.

Being sacked doesn’t necessarily mean you get your contract paid up in full either if there are other break clauses in the contract such as performance related etc.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Alleluia !

Someone who actually sees and understands the situation for what it is.

You could argue that Potter is probably the most expensive mistake in EPL managerial history, but whilst his gamble has failed dismally Todd B hasn’t come down in the last shower, Potter will walk away with a few quid granted, but nothing like the figures currently being bandied around as BN3 rightly points out those words ‘mutual consent’ cover a multitude of sins.

The morning after the night before, prediction time, and I will stand corrected and make a donation to Chestnut Tree House, if it’s incorrect.

Potter will be back in football within 12 months,possibly bottom half of the EPL or more likely Championship, but with the genie well and truly out of the lamp (like when Eubank was beaten for the first time) will be sacked within 12 months of getting his new job.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not impressed with Bruno to be honest; left us in the lurch but takes over as interim at Chelsea. Wonder if he’s trying to get a job as a permanent back room figure.
Bruno left us in the lurch for sure - a well deserved black mark.

This time it's different - he has no other job to go to. I'm not sure it is reasonable for him to be expected to resign ( voluntarily, with no payoff ) in sympathy with Potter.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I can’t imagine a worse fit.

A manager unproven at battling relegation and who is supposedly best when he has a “project”, and most importantly, time.

And most managerial appointments seem to be when there has been a perceived failure of the previous incumbent.

So I honestly can’t see Potter getting a job in the near future in the Premier League.
Maybe some Championship clubs will take a punt at the end of the season.
Only West Ham and Forest in the bottom half haven’t sacked their manger this season, then add Chelsea, Spurs, Villa, with Chelsea and Saints with 2 sackings each, that’s 14 jobs on offer in the PL just this season - he won’t need to wait long for a PL offer.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s not just here:
728DB42C-C2DC-431A-8B33-79DA0B2D9517.jpeg

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Only West Ham in the bottom half haven’t sacked their manger this season, then add Chelsea, Spurs, Villa, with Chelsea and Saints with 2 sackings each, that’s 14 jobs on offer in the PL just this season - he won’t need to wait long for a PL offer.
Yes, but he has been seen, rightly or wrongly, as a complete failure at Chelsea - a complete failure.
His reputation - built on taking a Swedish bottom tier club up to their top league (with crazy money paid by a dodgy owner) isn’t that good anymore.

Luckily for him, most club owners are madder than a box of frogs, and so he will probably get a job in the Championship before long.
Honestly can’t see a Premier League club coming in for him any time soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports