Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Amazed it’s taken as long as 7mnths for Boehly to realise that he paid £20 million + just to enable Brighton to dump a manager on to them that Tony Bloom already had an upgrade for - and who is now going to potentially cost Chelsea £50 million + to get rid of themselves - serves Chelsea right for behaving like entitled pri%ks to a smaller club. It also serves Potter right for being greedy and arrogant enough to think he was going to be the manager that could change the culture at a club that eats managers for dinner 😂

On a personal note, I wish the man luck and wish him a speedy recovery ….

Wonder how much loyalty Bruno has to GP now when he has been offered interim manager? - not as much as GP expected or demanded perhaps 🤔
That;s really good sense. I think Bruno has already proved that's he's not good with loyalty...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I wonder what Cucurella is thinking tonight, and Winstanley, and Reid, and Bjorn, and Roberts, and Bruno…….

I bet that tea lady and bog cleaner are glad they stayed with us.
Evidently Winstanley was well involved in putting the boot in.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
In this context, what does collaborate mean? Keep your mouth shut - say nothing to the media and stay away from the players and ground?
Go without issue for a tidy fee I would have thought. With Todd’s meddling in the transfer market and clearly on occasion not even telling potter about incoming players I had wondered if the sacking was on the right or wrong side of constructive (without knowing the exact contract terms)

It’s not often you need collaboration from the others side if it’s uncontested performance related

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As predictable as Karmas gets, but it is what it is. He'll learn from it and move on.

we just need to get to Vacuous City and get 3 points before they get a new manager bounce.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I sort of agree with you. Most Managers would never pass up on that opportunity.

Come on, you know us better than that. We didn't begrudge him going to a bigger club, it was simply the manner he did it. Examples of when we're happy for someone to move on to bigger and better:
Bissouma
White
Burn

Potter was rude to fans when he mentioned the history lesson, and completely changed his tune when he went to Chelsea. He also took people like Bruno and Ben Roberts, which wasn't necessary.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hear me out,

If and a Sheffield Wednesday size If, the stars aligned, he joins Leicester and keeps them up on the last day of the season at the expense of Crystal Palace, would you forgive him?
I might not boo him all game next season if that happened.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Potter is nailed on for a move to West Ham once they relieve Moyes of his duties at the end of the season.
Expect the ITK experts to start writing and sharing their 'scopes' very soon.

The exclusive story is like shooting fish in a barrel.
What a strange day. I started by texting a friend that Rodgers would go to West Ham when Moyes gets the nudge. It ends with my phone ringing non stop about Potter. Not sure that any football sacking has resulted in so many calls. Even my Mum called at 9:50 to tell me, hadn't the heart to say I knew.
PS Palace mate wished they had waited re Hodgson, and really hopes Potter goes to Palace in the summer. Now there's a story.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm fully aware of the history, and I also know about football rivalry thank you.

I also know about a herd bullying mentality, which is what this thread has descended into.
You think we are bullying Graham Potter.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I think I'm pretty good at avoiding bandwagon heard mentality and bullying. This is poking fun at a mega rich manager who ****ed us over, there's no harm in it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hear me out,

If and a Sheffield Wednesday size If, the stars aligned, he joins Leicester and keeps them up on the last day of the season at the expense of Crystal Palace, would you forgive him?
Done, where do I sign?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder what Cucurella is thinking tonight, and Winstanley, and Reid, and Bjorn, and Roberts, and Bruno…….

I bet that tea lady and bog cleaner are glad they stayed with us.
From that BBC article...

'The decision to relieve him from his post was led by Paul Winstanley and Lawrence Stewart the co-sporting directors, with backing from chairman Todd Boehly and co-owner Behdad Eghbali.'

Stabbed in the back by Winstanley then? 😲

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Sent packing?

Screenshot_20230402-222404.png

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
From that BBC article...

'The decision to relieve him from his post was led by Paul Winstanley and Lawrence Stewart the co-sporting directors, with backing from chairman Todd Boehly and co-owner Behdad Eghbali.'

Stabbed in the back by Winstanley then? 😲

Winstanley looking after Winstanley, he knows if it comes from higher up and he himself hasn’t called it he’s also out on his arse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here