Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well this is a red letter day. Potter gone. Although a few more weeks would have been ideal. And Swansman (who I’d blocked) but was a malign presence here.

I was gutted when Potter upped sticks. Turns out it was a massive positive for our club. And watching the dumpster fire at the Bridge has been hilarious.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Oh well. Shit happens. Maybe next time, think about the job rather than the money.
Should be grateful to Potter for 3 reasons. Made us a good foundation for excellent football, got us a load of cash and left so we could get De Zerbi in. Turned out to be a blessing.

Now, Tony, if Todd calls enquiring about De Zerbi, the second word is ”off”. You may pick the first.
This.

Gave us our best finish ever and left us in 4th place. But most of all, his decision to leave us resulted in an unexpected manager upgrade, for that, I’ll always be grateful. He has also freed up a European place for us to try and get.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Where we are now has a lot to do with what Potter did here, I will argue that corner as long as you like
Agreed 👍. He left just at the right time.

If he’d stayed we’d be about 11th, have scored 15 or so fewer goals and Solly March would still be playing wingback.

Good of him to realise when he’d hit the ceiling

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20230402_211654_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Credit to him for (very very slowly) setting us on the path we’re on today, but his arrogance was occasionally astounding.

When he had the chance to better himself elsewhere, it was understandable, but the way he orchestrated ripping the foundations out of the club were unforgivable.

However, he (and his family) don’t deserve the level of abuse that has come their way, and I hope he is able to pick up his skills elsewhere soon.
Just not at Palace please.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Credit to him for (very very slowly) setting us on the path we’re on today, but his arrogance was occasionally astounding.

When he had the chance to better himself elsewhere, it was understandable, but the way he orchestrated ripping the foundations out of the club were unforgivable.

However, he (and his family) don’t deserve the level of abuse that has come their way, and I hope he is able to pick up his skills elsewhere soon.
Just not at Palace please.
I disagree.

He’s a good coach of individual players who couldn’t get consistent results with a pistol to his head.

The idea of him, Beaky and the black clad children clashing every 30 seconds and us humping them in a derby he doesn’t understand is delicious.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Suddenly the third poll option of "He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?"

Takes on a whole different meaning.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I wonder if they’ll find it a lot harder to recruit the likes of Nagelsmann than people think. Chelsea might be rich but they’re currently an absolute car crash with a bloated squad and an FFP disaster waiting to happen. Anyone with half a brain would let someone else go through the pain of sorting out the deadwood before touching the job.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So the compensation they paid us worked out at £3 million a month. Plus his wages and whatever pay off Potter gets means this has been a expensive, and hilarious, failure.
Here's how it works. There's usually what's known as a " Compromise Agreement " written into Managers Contracts when they sign it.

There's usually a sort of unwritten formula agreement between the LMA and the Club's which often works out at 1 years salary for PL and Championship Clubs and half a years salary for League's 1 and 2.

There is sometimes also a points accumulation payment which also has to be paid over and above the Compromise Agreement amount.

Some of the above can vary if a Manager can get a better agreement written in but they would be the Exception rather than the Norm. And Exceptions are usually only your really high standing Managers around the World.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He'll get another prem job easily. Bruno staying at Chelsea is interesting, surprised that Bruno had been kept on, and no mention of his other assistants?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here