Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Evens to be next Leicester manager
Screenshot_20230402_205459_Chrome.jpg

Misread your post. Would be a surprise appointment.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So the compensation they paid us worked out at £3 million a month. Plus his wages and whatever pay off Potter gets means this has been a expensive, and hilarious, failure.
Boehly is doing a Moshiri (Everton) on steroids. Burning $$$$ like there’s no tomorrow.

Agents and overrated players have found another cash cow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Won’t be wishing any luck to anyone or anything connected to Chelsea FC. They shafted us and they are shafting football with their ridiculous spending…

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nah balls to him.
Was asked to stay here, followed the money and will be out of work soon enough. Wonder if GPott gave his blessing to Bruno taking over

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
There was a lot of talk about the influence Bruno was having at the club, taking loads of responsibility in training etc and all that coincided with both selection consistency, improved results and a more attacking attitude. I do wonder if this Is a further indication that he was largely responsible for that. Senior players would sniff that out and that would massively undermine the management. Is it a case of the board, senior players, non ex-Albion staff realising this as Chelsea? Probably not. But seems odd they've kept him on.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Oddly our first game that was due to be played post potter, will be the first game we play, post Potter leaving Chelsea!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hilarity prevails.

Inevitable from day one, hubris clouded his judgment… zero loyalty to Swansea, zero to us and it’s come back to bite.

It just goes to show, a neatly trimmed beard, a gilet and a roll neck are clearly not enough to command the respect of footballers who’ve won major trophies… especially when your CV is heavily reliant on winning a few things in the Swedish over 60s walkball alliance. That and the unavoidable truth, that your playing days culminated in some steady performances for York City…

He was (and probably) remains a great fit at an underdog club… where the players are not considered ‘elite’, and thus are more open to working with a coach who has won nothing… and one whose reputation is based on pulling off some blinding results with a ‘small’ club.

I’ve come to the conclusion he believed his own hype and (without being harsh) has a massively inflated ego and is perhaps (as he failed to see the obvious) a bit lacking in intelligence.

However his HUGE pay off will, I’m sure, soften the blow. Hopefully he’ll land at Palace, that i’d dearly love… even more reason to BOO him loudly.

What a pillock.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: genuine lots of loud laughter at that.

Lawros Lip

Sep 16, 2020
‘Chelsea say Potter "has agreed to collaborate with the club to facilitate a smooth transition" and that Bruno Saltor will take charge of the team as interim head coach.’ 🤔

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Seems that Billy and Bjorn are remaining at Chelsea, presumably biding their time until the new permanent coach decides that they can go, whereupon they will link back up with GP.

Edit: I believe that Billy has gone too.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I’m surprised that Bruno’s taking over given his worries for his job when Graham left us!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Disappointed to hear about Swansea as i found his (football) opinions fascinating even if some of them were mental - not seen what he's alleged to have said so won't judge him or the moderation of it.

But what a weekend for it to all end.
I agree with this.

Sadly, it was his Achilles heel that led to his downfall. A strong belief in the most ridiculous conspiracy theories that require antisemitism as a base for that belief. I thought I’d really miss Potter, but I didn’t. I suspect the same will be true with Swanny.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Won’t be wishing any luck to anyone or anything connected to Chelsea FC. They shafted us and they are shafting football with their ridiculous spending…
They all do it… We will .. after we qualify for the CL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here