Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I had some patronising Man Utd fan telling me in supercilious tones that 'it was good to see you small clubs doing well' the other day. I told him that he may have seen glory days of winning things, and 'disaster' to him may be not winning something that year - but I had Hereford and everything that led up to it, and that I pitied him because that was a far more important and meaningful experience than anything he and his club had ever, or would ever go through.
I e had similar discussions with people who can't understand that for clubs like ours or any club for that matter it's not just about trophies and not winning the league regularly isn't an issue

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
You can see how uncomfortable he is. Defensive body language, Folded arms, rubbing his nose. He knows he’s full of shit.
He's had a rough ride for sure. At one stage I was feeling a tad sorry for him but the recent video clips show he has really sold his soul (which fits in fine at a club like Chelsea). Real will beat them easily and then I can't see their league form picking up thereafter. Would love to finish above them just to rub it in further.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Don’t you just like a Chelsea fan?
My point was them getting another poor home result against a team of donkeys. I’m sure their fans are over the moon and relishing a hammering from Madrid.
My Chelsea STH friend said that they battered Everton and just lack a striker (sounds familiar). He's also been saying all season that Koulibali is a yard too slow, as shown by the equaliser yesterday.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I will never forget where I was and what I was doing when our win against Plymouth was announced as getting us promoted in 2001. I remember thinking how supporters of the "big" clubs could ever get the level of joy I was experiencing following our promotion from the 4th tier, after everything we had been through. Everything is relative, supporting teams like Chelsea is easy.

PS I still love Micky Adams!
I was at the game that was a good day, I drove that day and remember a convoy of Albion fans hooting all the way out of Plymouth, good times.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
You can see how uncomfortable he is. Defensive body language, Folded arms, rubbing his nose. He knows he’s full of shit.
What a complete load of crap that is.
Contrast to De Zerbi who everyone wants to get behind

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1EA3EAB9-74EF-4250-AAA4-54AE94B594C3.jpeg

It is what it is 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I will never forget where I was and what I was doing when our win against Plymouth was announced as getting us promoted in 2001. I remember thinking how supporters of the "big" clubs could ever get the level of joy I was experiencing following our promotion from the 4th tier, after everything we had been through. Everything is relative, supporting teams like Chelsea is easy.

PS I still love Micky Adams!
And this is why I was saying ‘of course we’ve won things’ when people subscribe to the plastic ‘never won anything’ line. That title win means as much, probably more, to Liverpool ‘fans’ or Man City winning the prem. it’s relative and it’s golden and it’s us winning a very important trophy in our history!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It jizz what it jizz.
Sticker in the north apparently… Swansman will be out to tell everyone how childish it is and he would never wank off dogs unless they were a Crufts competitive pedigree etc etc

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sticker in the north apparently… Swansman will be out to tell everyone how childish it is and he would never wank off dogs unless they were a Crufts competitive pedigree etc etc
No, no. Not childish at all. Very mature and clever stuff. A fine example of how British wit still manages to entertain dozens of people all over the world.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
See this attitude annoyed me at the time and it annoys me now. Sure his first seasons in charge (looking purely at the points earned and goals scored) was not much different to CH, but that is where the comparison ended. From the very start we looked like a team who wanted to win, who could win, who belonged in the division rather than a bunch of squatters desperately defending their tenure. TB saw it pretty much straight away which is why he extended the contract after a few games. It takes time to change and rebuild a squad and he did this on a small budget in what I feel was a bloody short amount of time. So I thank him for his work, have disdain for how he left, and am really glad RDZ was scouted and hired and has been able to build on what he inherited.
It's funny. I'm enjoying and sneering at this disaster at Chelsea as much as anyone else. I've gone right off him where I once used to love the bloke - fuelled by the way he left, the fileting of our backroom team, his comments about an easy life at Brighton and now his cringeworthy "win the f***ing Champions League" drivel at that Chelsea forum.

And no, I wouldn't take him back - ever.

But, and it's a big but - that doesn't make any of what you say above untrue. You're absolutely spot on. It's not fair to rewrite history. He did a.good job here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here