Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Why? He left this club for dead.
Nice rhetoric but he didn't actually leave the club for dead. Mr Bloom and his men were handsomely compensated for Potter's departure, always with a smug grin on the other side of their face, in the knowledge that we had a short list of potential top quality replacements. He left us in fantastic shape is the truth.

#gosbts

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm over the fact he left now and pleased he got the win tonight, I realise I'm not part of the cool anti Potter gang who are enjoying the death theats to somebody who started the way we are playing now and thanks to massive upgrades in all what we have lost we have benefitted from him going.

Besides it gives them more games to play to help us in April when we play them.
Sensible post at last regarding Potter. I have no axe to grind with him. We are in a much better place with him being a major contributor. Let's hope they draw an Italian club in the next round.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nice rhetoric but he didn't actually leave the club for dead. Mr Bloom and his men were handsomely compensated for Potter's departure, always with a smug grin on the other side of their face, in the knowledge that we had a short list of potential top quality replacements. He left us in fantastic shape is the truth.

#gosbts
Smug grin? You think Bloom was happy to see Potter go and take the entire coaching staff with him, partway through the season?

And how much longer would it have been before De Zerbi would have been snapped up by another club? A matter of weeks, in alll probability.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I realise I'm not part of the cool anti Potter gang who are enjoying the death theats

Could you please list all the members of this cool gang who are enjoying the death threats? In fact, can you name any of them?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

#gosbts

Bloom left us in good shape, not Potter.

It took a proper high quality manager to unlock the teams true potential.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Smug grin? You think Bloom was happy to see Potter go and take the entire coaching staff with him, partway through the season?

And how much longer would it have been before De Zerbi would have been snapped up by another club? A matter of weeks, in alll probability.
Absolutely - Potter's star was at its zenith when he was poached by Chelsea. In spite of some post-departure posturing, I don't believe anyone, from Bloom down to the most idle armchair fan leapt to their feet shouting 'Thank f*** he's gone!' Anyone who says they did is, quite frankly, a liar (or an idiot).
Yes, we seem to have come through that crisis with flying colours with knobs on - but it was still fortuitous that RDZ was out of a job at the time.

Last edited:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Bloom left us in good shape, not Potter.

It took a proper high quality manager to unlock the teams true potential.

i agree in part, but to be fair Potter left us in good shape but De Zerbi really is unlocking the teams true potential.

Would Bloom have fired Potter to hire De Zerbi if he hadn’t left? Succession planning is working out rather well though…

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Decent man? I'll tell you who Is a decent man. Potter walked away from this club and took our entire group of coaches with him. De Zerbi - on the other hand - stayed in war- torn Ukraine until all of his Shakhtar players had got out of the country or made it to safety.

Potter has no honour and doesn't deserve another thought.
A very different scenario. I love RDZ, but I am under no illusion that he wouldn't do the same as GP if offered a similar opportunity at a CL club. Anyone who thinks otherwise is, frankly, a mug.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yes. Bloom is a gambler. He had a back up plan which he had been working on for a while. It wasn’t as if he started to think about Potter’s replacement the day after he left. Football is a ruthless and unsentimental business away from the emotional outpouring of fans.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In all honesty let’s face it, we all hate Chelsea and we and the rest of the world know, they can buy anyone or anything they want. With the depth of squad they currently have even witch injuries any half decent manager should be able to get top four. We all know Chelsea and Potter are not building a project, they are doing what big clubs do, getting around financial fair play.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here