Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am a little concerned that De Zerbi is saying he’s surprised Dunk hasn’t been signed by a big club. Another using us as a stepping stone?

He’s going to do a Potter on us sooner than later imo
Just being honest, no? We have never won anything of note or played in Europe and spent the last three decades yo-yoing in the bottom divisions in shitty home stadiums before The Amex.

Takes time and success to build an image. We are doing beautifully in line with Uncle Tony’s masterplan.

It says a lot that there are only a handful of jobs in the entire world that Brighton could lose their latest in-demand manager to.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I am a little concerned that De Zerbi is saying he’s surprised Dunk hasn’t been signed by a big club over his career. Another using us as a stepping stone? Surprised a player has loyalty to his home town club is not a good image.

I think it's generally agreed among Brighton fans that Dunk has been criminally overlooked and doesn't get the wider recognition he deserves. Not really concerned with RDZ agreeing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am a little concerned that De Zerbi is saying he’s surprised Dunk hasn’t been signed by a big club over his career. Another using us as a stepping stone? Surprised a player has loyalty to his home town club is not a good image.

Not the best comment - true or not, no need to say it and can be misconstrued. He is very honest and his English sometimes comes across a little blunt and not quite how he means it in his defence but yes - needs to be careful…

Think as he’s had several other clubs, I’m hoping he’s not thinking beyond doing a good job with us in the premier league at present.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just being honest, no? We have never won anything of note or played in Europe and spent the last three decades yo-yoing in the bottom divisions in shitty home stadiums.

Takes time and success to build an image. We are doing beautifully in line with Uncle Tony’s masterplan.

It says a lot that there are only a handful of jobs in the entire world that Brighton could lose their latest in-demand manager to.
Yep, I wouldn’t blame him, but as an Albion fan it’s just depressing that we are cherry picked, even when we are doing so well. Players and managers all want better than we can offer. Who was the last person to say “I love this club and want to see how far we can go?”

I’ll tell you…not one, except maybe John Byrne

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Quite - the oddballs are out now calling bullying for anyone daring to point out antagonistic posts.. The irony of using ‘bully’ eh! Oh well, best ignored.

Yes, definitely back to subject now - - remember he has to beat Dortmund - probably by 2 goals to go through. That said, I saw a bit of their away game and they were all over them and just couldn’t finish. The way he’s crumbled from such an astute and tactically brilliant manager to this is bizarre 1 just doesn’t seem the same manager?
By antagonistic posts, I take it that you mean posts that YOU don’t agree with. I have no problem with you, but please accept the fact that people will have a different opinion to you. If you don’t like their opinions just ignore them as others may be interested in what they have to say.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yep, I wouldn’t blame him, but as an Albion fan it’s just depressing that we are cherry picked, even when we are doing so well. Players and managers all want better than we can offer. Who was the last person to say “I love this club and want to see how far we can go?”
It will ever be thus. Everyone has a price to someone. Real Madrid/PSG could sign literally anybody in the world that they wanted, if they paid enough cash.

In Potter’s case, for example, he jumped ship from earning £2m a year with perennial lower mid table Brighton, to earn £12m a year at the Champions League winners.

De Zerbi would probably go if the right mega job came up (Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, Man Utd, Man City) but then who wouldn’t?

As it happens he’s only been here 5 months and I’m not in the least bit concerned about losing him any time soon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It will ever be thus. Everyone has a price to someone. Real Madrid/PSG could sign literally anybody in the world that they wanted, if they paid enough cash.

In Potter’s case, for example, he jumped ship from earning £2m a year with perennial lower mid table Brighton, to earn £12m a year at the Champions League winners.

De Zerbi would probably go if the right mega job came up (Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, Man Utd, Man City) but then who wouldn’t?

As it happens he’s only been here 5 months and I’m not in the least bit concerned about losing him any time soon.
More faith than me, I think, if he carries on with the success rate shown so far, we’ll struggle to keep him beyond the summer window.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
More faith than me, I think, if he carries on with the success rate shown so far, we’ll struggle to keep him beyond the summer window.
If he does go, we might even get another upgrade… I thought it was the end of the world when Potter went simply because he took most of the staff. I was completely wrong and underestimated Tony Bloom at my peril…

Back to the subject at hand then, let’s all laugh at Potter completely failing at a horrible club.

I think losing the Dortmund game would be the end of the road for him. They’ve spent £600m and look poorer (in every sense) for it.

As it stands right now, it’ll go down as one of the worst managerial appointments in Premier League history based on performance, expectation and value for money. An unmitigated disaster.
I'm not so sure a Leeds loss and Dortmund exit from champions league would spell the end. It appears Toddy is sticking by him irrespective of those results. As long as they avoid a relegation battle(which they will) then its summer rebuild🤣🤣🤣 (another rebuild) and see how next season starts. That, is according to some sources whereas other say the complete opposit🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I am surprised about that too. But then I am planning to move to a bigger club too.

I have emailed Paul Barber about this and asked him to discuss it with Tony. Apparently they 'don't give a shit'. Apparently allowing people to leave with their good wishes providing it is right for the club doesn't extend to fans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not the best comment - true or not, no need to say it and can be misconstrued. He is very honest and his English sometimes comes across a little blunt and not quite how he means it in his defence but yes - needs to be careful…

Think as he’s had several other clubs, I’m hoping he’s not thinking beyond doing a good job with us in the premier league at present.
Of course he's thinking beyond us.

The only thing keeping me going is the thought of RDZ' mahooosive tan-tee as he burns every bridge in Sussex, on his way out.

The meltdown is gonna be well lush.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
QI am a little concerned that De Zerbi is saying he’s surprised Dunk hasn’t been signed by a big club over his career. Another using us as a stepping stone? Surprised a player has loyalty to his home town club is not a good image.

Of course he will - if a big club came calling why would he not take the opportunity? Not like we're going to win the league anytime soon (ever)

I was wondering if De Zerbi really meant England rather than a big club, just maybe his English interpretation still needs work? No...........

Last edited:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm not so sure a Leeds loss and Dortmund exit from champions league would spell the end. It appears Toddy is sticking by him irrespective of those results. As long as they avoid a relegation battle(which they will) then its summer rebuild🤣🤣🤣 (another rebuild) and see how next season starts. That, is according to some sources whereas other say the complete opposit🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Having studied Chelsea twitter in depth, it's now clear that the only real ITK fans are the "born and bred", "Chelsea till I die" ones in Nigeria, Ghana and Myanmar. They are all in favour of Potter going immediately, if not sooner, and, since they obviously all speak to Todd daily, it will inevitably happen this week.

Having studied Chelsea twitter in depth, it's now clear that the only real ITK fans are the "born and bred", "Chelsea till I die" ones in Nigeria, Ghana and Myanmar. They are all in favour of Potter going immediately, if not sooner, and, since they obviously all speak to Todd daily, it will inevitably happen this week.
That clears it up then🤣🤣

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

If TB asks RDZ in the job interview what he'll be doing in ten years and RDZ answers "chasing a top 6 position with Brighton while being one of the lowest paid managers in the league", he doesn't get the job. Tony Bloom wants a manager who wants to be the best in the world, and the best in the world ends up in the best clubs, which is never going to be Brighton. In no way, shape or form is RDZ intending to see his career out with Albion. And that is good both for him and for the club. People in elite sports who doesn't think "I want more. I want better" will soon fail to accomplish anything.
Its what, 16 games? Nothing has been achieved yet. Not going anywhere for at least another year IMO.

If things continue as now, or improve more, then sure they will be after him but it is still early days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here