Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That is a separate question though.
Bloke asked if any other manager is allowed such a poor form and if a good - a world class one specifically - manager could oversee a team failing to win games.
The answer to the first question is Jurgen Klopp, and some would argue that it is the answer to the second one as well.
Jurgen Klopp is a great example of it not all being about the manager. Fans and media do get obsessed that football managers are all powerful footballing gods that are the conduits of success or failure, but sometimes football is just about runs of confidence, belief, desire and a set of players all clicking at the right time - see Claudio Ranieri. You don't sack Klopp much in the same way you wouldn't have sacked Sir Alex Ferguson for a couple of shit seasons.

Potter's problem is that he has taken over a shit storm of a club that had an all powerful oligarch that probably terrified everyone who had to make a decision, to one with a power vacuum and no one really knowing what the deal is, who is taking ownership over decisions and who is going to be left holding bag.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jurgen Klopp is a great example of it not all being about the manager. Fans and media do get obsessed that football managers are all powerful footballing gods that are the conduits of success or failure, but sometimes football is just about runs of confidence, belief, desire and a set of players all clicking at the right time - see Claudio Ranieri. You don't sack Klopp much in the same way you wouldn't have sacked Sir Alex Ferguson for a couple of shit seasons.

Potter's problem is that he has taken over a shit storm of a club that had an all powerful oligarch that probably terrified everyone who had to make a decision, to one with a power vacuum and no one really knowing what the deal is, who is taking ownership over decisions and who is going to be left holding bag.
There’s a quote from Fergie somewhere about the quality of players in the squad is far more important than the manager in achieving success.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Bang on - and I’m trying with him but it’s like it’s his way or no way and any friendly advice always just gets ignored. I do find it strange there’s a group - usually the ones calling him ‘Swanny’ tbh who have frequently called it ‘bullying’ for fans to show their annoyance at his posts - bizarre group. I’ve only seen one poster get personal with him and he gave back just as much (even calling our country a crumbling 3rd world country - I think to try and get a reaction). I just don’t get it at all.

This is absolutely bang on the money:

‘I’m bored of how fans of our club are having their every view challenged and scrutinised and fact checked by an ever present poster who doesn’t appreciate that a fans feelings about their club transcends numbers.’

Also, to now have to see pure negativity at RDZ when we’re all enjoying the ride and the football is nauseating. ‘Blaming the ref’ etc - every time RDZ has called the ref out has been totally deserved and seen by the fans -AT THE GAME!

We’re a fan base who nearly lost the club, understand the history yet we seem to have to put up with posts from someone with no BHA support on every thread or risk getting called ‘bullies’ or told ‘NSC is for everyone’ etc. it’s fundamentally a BHA fans forum - different opinions, articulated correctly, are well received / debated. I just don’t think Swansman has it in him to do so when it comes to Graham fecking Potter - a bloke who we all loved, who literally gutted our club - we have every right to slate him as BHA fans and will continue to do so - and enjoy the obvious and vast improvement under RDZ.

I just don’t know the answer to the Swansman thing - something has to give and will probably soon the way it’s going.
I don't normally do ignore, but enough is enough, and this thread did it for me.

I feel a strange but pleasant feeling of peace and calm.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I don't normally do ignore, but enough is enough, and this thread did it for me.

I feel a strange but pleasant feeling of peace and calm.
Seriously, why the drama over one poster? Some people seem to spend an inordinate amount on time on here and get precious if a “newbie” dares to upset their equilibrium. There are far more important things in life to get wound up about, so please just give it a rest, in the scheme of things he’s harmless.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Potter won’t be sacked for some time, maybe not eve this season & it is gloriously funny to watch. How bad can it get for Chelsea? So. Much. Fun.
I’m certain at some point it will click, my preference is that he’s relieved of duties before this point at great financial cost and turns up elsewhere just to do the annual double over them

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Potter’s biggest shortcoming was the entertainment value of his brand of football.

In his three and a bit seasons, his side scored 3 or more goals in the league on twelve occasions.

De Zerbi is only five months into his tenure and his side have already scored 3 or more goals in the league six times.

De Zerbi’s football is far more positive and entertaining.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bang on - and I’m trying with him but it’s like it’s his way or no way and any friendly advice always just gets ignored. I do find it strange there’s a group - usually the ones calling him ‘Swanny’ tbh who have frequently called it ‘bullying’ for fans to show their annoyance at his posts - bizarre group. I’ve only seen one poster get personal with him and he gave back just as much (even calling our country a crumbling 3rd world country - I think to try and get a reaction). I just don’t get it at all.

This is absolutely bang on the money:

‘I’m bored of how fans of our club are having their every view challenged and scrutinised and fact checked by an ever present poster who doesn’t appreciate that a fans feelings about their club transcends numbers.’

Also, to now have to see pure negativity at RDZ when we’re all enjoying the ride and the football is nauseating. ‘Blaming the ref’ etc - every time RDZ has called the ref out has been totally deserved and seen by the fans -AT THE GAME!

We’re a fan base who nearly lost the club, understand the history yet we seem to have to put up with posts from someone with no BHA support on every thread or risk getting called ‘bullies’ or told ‘NSC is for everyone’ etc. it’s fundamentally a BHA fans forum - different opinions, articulated correctly, are well received / debated. I just don’t think Swansman has it in him to do so when it comes to Graham fecking Potter - a bloke who we all loved, who literally gutted our club - we have every right to slate him as BHA fans and will continue to do so - and enjoy the obvious and vast improvement under RDZ.

I just don’t know the answer to the Swansman thing - something has to give and will probably soon the way it’s going.
Short answer:

Any time you and some of you moan-buddies dislike one of my opinions or thoughts, you turn it into a multiple page long "should Swansman be here or not". You are the ones derailing the threads, not me.

If you want this to "not be the Swansman show" etc: stop discussing my existence in every f***ing thread. I sure as f*** haven't asked for it.

Get a life.

This Potter and De Zerbi comparison surely is too early to call? Just for the record Potter did a great job for us over 3 and a bit seasons developing a style of play that entertained but it took time to get some of the results our play deserved. As for De Zerbi, he's come into a different country, started playing faster attacking football and most importantly, believes this team can achieve far better than what they achieved with Potter.
I take 1 game from the 1s I've been at and it's the Leicester game at the King power a few weeks ago. Just a little simple thing but to me, the difference between the 2. We equalised with a few mins left with that glorious Ferguson header and De Zerbi running up touchline celebrating the goal then urging the team to get back to try and win the game. I don't recall Graham Potter ever doing that? Yes, he would be delighted to get the point and take it, not urge the team to get back quickly and try and get the win.
As for the blaming the refs rather than the team missing chances galore, he has been right with the poor officiating in last couple of games.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Short answer:

Any time you and some of you moan-buddies dislike one of my opinions or thoughts, you turn it into a multiple page long "should Swansman be here or not". You are the ones derailing the threads, not me.

If you want this to "not be the Swansman show" etc: stop discussing my existence in every f***ing thread. I sure as f*** haven't asked for it.

Get a life.
You just told me to get a life? Really? Prob the worst insult anyone has ever given me.

Take a joke man and some advice on board - as an away foreign fan you need to learn the ropes and haven’t yet. We will teach you some culture here in this great nation of the world. That was one post about you being an utter bellend 20 times over in 24 hours and you get all knarky at me.

There’s only one poster who details every fecking thread…!

But as I say I’ve not bitten - just pointed out today after the 38th antagonistic post about BHA I’ve seen in a week. You need to learn to take a joke - have a chill out in that lovely cuntry of yours x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here