Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Was anybody on here watching? - how did it look on the tele?
Despite having the majority of possession (59%), Chelsea had less shots on target than the opposition and failed to score.

Who could've predicted that?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
For what it's worth, I think they will be unstoppable for a year or so when it clicks.

Then it will completely fall apart when they need to move players on/refresh the squad due to the contracts they handed out
You may be right, however simply having the best players is no guarantee of success. Man u had the top players for decades but until Ferguson came along it was all in vain. Let's hope they get another poor choice of manager in.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just like Hyypia stayed well after the point that his sacking seemed inevitable, I think Potter will be at Chelsea for a while yet.

When he wasn't sacked after the Southampton defeat, I realised he is more untouchable than I thought.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You may be right, however simply having the best players is no guarantee of success. Man u had the top players for decades but until Ferguson came along it was all in vain. Let's hope they get another poor choice of manager in.

The summer is going to be interesting.

If I'm a player at Chelsea, I'm wanting a pay off to leave as well, they have to move players on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I genuinely can't remember: How many times over the past 2,3 years was Arteta written off by non-arsenal fans/media? I mean how many times did we see Arsenal lose/underperform and suggest that had to be it for him? I know I look back now and can remember the Arsenal fans baying for his blood and writing him off while the owners kept the faith - something that is often an example to point to with the 'give potter time' side. But I can't remember if neutral/rival fans and the press ever felt like his time was up?

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Have they thought? Listening to the first half on the BBC (admittedly not concentrating hugely, as I was driving) the impression was that Chelsea were playing pretty well. They also mentioned 'Potter' and 'bad luck' in the same phrase more than once. Was anybody on here watching? - how did it look on the tele?
They got lucky when Ziyech’s red card was over-turned. They got lucky when Spurs hit the post. Possibly slightly unlucky to lose Thiago to an injury….but they have loads of centre backs, so it shouldn’t matter. You don’t spend £600m and then find yourself exposed when a 38 year old gets a knock.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We’ve had a laugh, gloated, celebrated stuffing them 4-1, heard very little from Chelsea (JCL Albion) fans on here and have seen us push on under RDZ and co.

Is it time for Bloom to lift his curse on Potter? (Or keep it until we have played them again)

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Imagine being Ben Roberts
A comfortable existence at a club he has been at for years
Then he follows the boss (he probably had no choice)
And then gets sacked when the boss gets sacked
So in a few short months his life is turned upside down and back again.
He gets a huge wedge but then has nothing to do and if he wants another job then he has to follow the money somewhere

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I'm starting to think how much of Potters success here was down to his managerial ability, and how much was down to the amazing recruitment and development set up we have.

I'd like to say I don't doubt his ability as a manager, but I genuinely am starting to question it - seeing how he is doing such a poor job at Chelsea, and how De Zerbi has improved the team since Potter's gone.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Perfect assessment. I’ll add I thought Chelsea were extremely poor

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Potter odds on for the sack now.

He won't manage another game for Chelsea. It seems to be a question of when rather than if now.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Imagine being Ben Roberts
A comfortable existence at a club he has been at for years
Then he follows the boss (he probably had no choice)
And then gets sacked when the boss gets sacked
So in a few short months his life is turned upside down and back again.
He gets a huge wedge but then has nothing to do and if he wants another job then he has to follow the money somewhere
My hunch is if GP gets binned, the binning's will not extend that far down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here