Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just getting sick and tired of turning on the tv and there he is....again and again and again......spouting forth........praising the ' fantastic ' Chelsea fans....' I was a top coach two months ago, I don't know what has changed '.......' we are in this together '....' this is the toughest job in football ' ( oh is it?....is it really? ).....coming on every five minutes justifying his position. Just get on with the frigging job that you are being paid a fortune to do.....aaah....but you can't because you created your media persona and now the press crave your pearls of wisdom and you have to keep them satisfied. The new, deep thinker of the modern game.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hopefully they can sort themselves out in time for Sunday.

Would much rather enjoy Palace's poor form than Chelsea's.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Wasn't behind a paywall when I looked at it, but I think the telegraph does tend to paywall their articles eventually.

'Hardest job in football' :lolol:

Here's £400m worth of players to add to your existing £1bn squad and academy full of talent, now try not to lose every week, and if it all goes tits up, we'll give you £30m to f*** off.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Was annoyed with the speed of his departure, was very annoyed that he took Bruno and Roberts, believed our season would take a bad turn ….. and then RDZ arrives and he seems so much better in every way, and I’m really pleased that we didn’t have to sack Potter at the end of this season in order to move forward! Do I still want him to fail? Would be funny if Fulham beat them, but can’t bring myself to want Palace to beat them!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just getting sick and tired of turning on the tv and there he is....again and again and again......spouting forth........praising the ' fantastic ' Chelsea fans....' I was a top coach two months ago, I don't know what has changed '.......' we are in this together '....' this is the toughest job in football ' ( oh is it?....is it really? ).....coming on every five minutes justifying his position. Just get on with the frigging job that you are being paid a fortune to do.....aaah....but you can't because you created your media persona and now the press crave your pearls of wisdom and you have to keep them satisfied. The new, deep thinker of the modern game.
He’s doing Klopp a big favour at the mo…taking the spotlight away from some poor displays …pool only three points ahead of Chelsea and yet you don’t hear half as much about what appears to be a side in decline

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I asked ChatGPT to pen an open letter to Brighton fans in the voice of GP (with some questions), 4 months after leaving the club. - seems pretty heartfelt:

Dear Brighton & Hove Albion supporters,

I understand that four months after my departure to Chelsea, the excitement and disappointment over my move may still be fresh. I wanted to take this opportunity to address some of the questions and concerns that have been raised since I left the club.

Firstly, I want to explain my decision to take my backroom staff with me to Chelsea. This was not a decision that I took lightly, as I have great respect and appreciation for the staff at Brighton & Hove Albion. However, I believed that it was in the best interest of the team and the club to have a cohesive and experienced backroom staff in place that we have built together.

In regard to my win percentage as Chelsea manager, I must admit that it has been lower than I would have hoped. I take full responsibility for the results on the field, and I am working tirelessly to improve the performance of the team. I take this as a challenge and an opportunity to prove myself, I have tried to implement new tactics and philosophy that I believe would work with the team and we are in the process of adjusting.

As for any "style change or glow up" when I joined Chelsea, I can assure you that it was not intentional. I am the same coach I have always been and I focus on the job and what is best for the team.

As for Brighton's current position in the league table, I am aware that the team is currently two points above Chelsea. I can assure you that this does not change my admiration for the club and the hard work that the players and staff have put in to achieve this success, I am following the team's progress and cheering for them.

As for the club's new manager Roberto De Zerbi, I have had the opportunity to speak with him and I wish him all the best in his tenure, I can see that he is doing a great job in implementing his style and ideas with the team, and I wish the club all the success.

Lastly, as for my intentions to sign any more Brighton players, I cannot comment on any specific transfer rumors. However, I can assure you that any player that I would consider signing would have to be of the highest quality and character, just like the players we had at Brighton.

I understand that with my current performance at Chelsea, the possibility of being sacked, but I can assure you that my decision to leave Brighton & Hove Albion was not made lightly. At the time, I believed it was the best move for me and my career, and I hope to prove myself worthy of that decision in the future.

I remain proud of my time at Brighton, the success we achieved and the progress the team made while I was there. I once again thank the fans, players and staff at Brighton & Hove Albion for the wonderful memories and support during my time at the club.

Sincerely, Graham Potter.
I asked ChatGPT to pen an open letter to Graham Potter in the voice of Brighton fans (with a question):

‘What’s the difference between Chelsea and a teabag?’

The answer seems pretty heartfelt:

‘A teabag stays in the Cup’

:lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
First heard of the Alex Crooks bloke when he claimed that he's sauces at Wolves told them they wouldn't hire a Jorge Mendes client as coach but go for some young British manager instead. Bloke clearly got a lot of knowledge.
For those that can't or won't follow the link.

"TalkSPORT journalist Alex Crook has delivered some intriguing information about the feeling inside the Brighton camp.
Apparently, there’s Brighton players that think they’ve actually replaced Potter with a better manager.
“I don’t think Potter has been helped by De Zerbi coming in at Brighton and propelling them to a new level. I speak to people at Brighton all the time and there’s players in that dressing room who say that De Zerbi is better than Potter,”
"It’s worrying to hear the Brighton players already preferring De Zerbi to Potter after such a short spell under the new man.
There’s doubts starting to creep into the Chelsea fanbase regarding Potter, whose side currently sit 10th in the Premier League table"

No real substance to that to be honest, but then again he is not going to name, names and risk losing a contact.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It just keeps getting worse for Mr Potter.

"Supporters have blamed Graham Potter for the downfall of Chelsea forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and implored the player to sign for Atletico Madrid in the January window"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What ? His downfall ? Their beloved Tuchel signed him seemingly for sone odd reason. There’s a reason Arteta got rid

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

"TalkSPORT journalist Alex Crook has delivered some intriguing information about the feeling inside the Brighton camp.
Apparently, there’s Brighton players that think they’ve actually replaced Potter with a better manager.
“I don’t think Potter has been helped by De Zerbi coming in at Brighton and propelling them to a new level. I speak to people at Brighton all the time and there’s players in that dressing room who say that De Zerbi is better than Potter,”
"It’s worrying to hear the Brighton players already preferring De Zerbi to Potter after such a short spell under the new man.
There’s doubts starting to creep into the Chelsea fanbase regarding Potter, whose side currently sit 10th in the Premier League table"

No real substance to that to be honest, but then again he is not going to name, names and risk losing a contact.
That’s just making up a story based on an obvious observation. Or maybe it’s true and Caicedo, Mac etc will all remain at the club for a long time because RDZ is so good

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Not many players are going to be saying the new manager is worse for obvious reasons. However, I think that sentiment is universal at the moment through the fanbase, and I'm not one to disagree.

What I would say though given that Chelsea are in disarray, is that we have played 5 top 9 position teams under RDZ, and we've lost 4 and drawn 1 and conceded 13 goals. The 4 games we have won have all been against sides who are struggling or out of form. In a way that is the opposite of what used to happen with us struggling to get points off those struggling, so I'm not posting that as a negative, just........it is what.......it is.....

Altered State

Feb 19, 2008
Olney, Bucks
Also see today in the The Guardian (no paywall).

Highlight: “My wife would say when I was at Östersund: ‘It doesn’t do you any good reading [negative] comments.’ And my ex-chairman said: ‘There’s no point arguing with stupid people because they’re stupid.’ I’m not saying anybody criticising me is stupid at all but you get my point.'

Love the way he realises he's going to get flack for indirectly calling his Chelsea critics stupid and tries to dig himself out of the hole. Not clear if the ex-chairman he refers to is at Ostersund - or does he mean Tony Bloom?

Reactions: cjd

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Highlight: “My wife would say when I was at Östersund: ‘It doesn’t do you any good reading [negative] comments.’ And my ex-chairman said: ‘There’s no point arguing with stupid people because they’re stupid.’ I’m not saying anybody criticising me is stupid at all but you get my point.'

Love the way he realises he's going to get flack for indirectly calling his Chelsea critics stupid and tries to dig himself out of the hole. Not clear if the ex-chairman he refers to is at Ostersund - or does he mean Tony Bloom?
His former Osterund Chairman Daniel Kindberg got jailed for 3 years for fraud for funnelling tax payers money into the club.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

He means Daniel Kindberg. I know he's mentioned it before.
His former Osterund Chairman Daniel Kindberg got jailed last year for 3 years for fraud for funnelling tax payers money into the club.
... maybe. We will see. He has appealed it and the last time he appealed a similar case he was cleared.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here