Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Football is mad Chelsea loaning a player for £9.7 m for 5 months
It’s not that mental really - no different to a £80M player on a 4 year deal. Same maths / accounting

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Who was the last manager Brighton had where there was no ups and downs (aside, from my understanding, Hyppiä - but I'm guessing you dont want him back)?

And does this mean you expect there will be no ups and downs with De Zerbi? Just a straight pathway to heaven?
I sense a smidgeon of distancing beginning here as “Swanee” cuts his tenuous ties with B&HA and follows his hero and acolytes into the quagmire that is CFC - good.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
With those senses, I imagine you're not working as a sommelier.
Sorry, I have missed a lot of this exchange.

Please feel free to tell me it's none of my business, but do you feel comfortable describing your football loyalties? If so what are they?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apart from the fact that after, say, 2 years you could sell the £80m player and recoup some or all of your initial outlay.
Indeed. But it’s the same argument as leasing / renting vs buying a car I guess

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yup, Potter said that perhaps he should have played Caicedo earlier. Caicedo himself though (in Ecuadorian media) said that he probably wasn't ready before that. Perhaps both of them are right and he should have had more game time a bit earlier but don't know about the whole "should never have been loaned to Belgium" etc that some people claim, think it was a good experience for him despite his team being utterly shite.
Yep, somewhere in between for sure. Always easier in hindsight.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, I have missed a lot of this exchange.

Please feel free to tell me it's none of my business, but do you feel comfortable describing your football loyalties? If so what are they?
Doubt he cares very much, just so long as he's got a foreign smalltown club audience hanging on his every word :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here