Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yep, I think we are going to get a rude awakening with a drubbing at some stage, how we recover from that will be interesting.

I also expect some knee jerk “get rid” reactions on here if it happens two or three times in quick succession too.

I would like to, but I refuse to believe that we are going to continue on the current trajectory without dips in results.

#glasshalfempty :smile:
Nailed on 'RDZ Out' poll by March.
'Never liked him' 'Too emotional' 'Can't defend' 'What do they do in training?'.
Followed by 'Would you take Potter back?' poll in April.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nailed on 'RDZ Out' poll by March.
'Never liked him' 'Too emotional' 'Can't defend' 'What do they do in training?'.
Followed by 'Would you take Potter back?' poll in April.
I’ll do the first poll but I am not doing the second one :lolol:

You forgot “needs to keep his gob shut in press conferences, hanging players out to dry means he is losing the dressing room”

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yep, I think we are going to get a rude awakening with a drubbing at some stage, how we recover from that will be interesting.

I also expect some knee jerk “get rid” reactions on here if it happens two or three times in quick succession too.

I would like to, but I refuse to believe that we are going to continue on the current trajectory without dips in results.

#glasshalfempty :smile:
Wasn't that Arsenal?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes at the end of the game I did.

But then the more rational concern that perhaps this was something of a false dawn and that to really feel like we have cracked it it needed to be followed up with a season of consistency.

One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that.
That wasn't just one swallow - it was the culmination of a lot of swallows! The downer only came when the news about Potter broke.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Signed a top defender from Monaco last week for £35m.

Sky say three more first teamers being bought this window after Felix.

Boehly, after just a few months, has simply resorted to the PSG, Real, Chavski and ManC methodology.

Potter’s kind of an irrelevance in this, a small cog. If he’s not heading for top 4 and/or silverware, he’ll be sacked and Poch or someone recruited.

They have spent obscene amounts of money

What’s the wage bill for the forwards alone? 1.5-2 million a week?

Lukaku back in the summer as well

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You can prove anything with facts.

Okay - Here's facts:

If you take the coresponding fixtures from last season (discounting Forest who weren't in the league)

Graham Potter's 21/22 team scored 12 and conceded 14. Won 3 Lost 3 Drew 4 - 13 Points from 10 games
Roberto De Zerbi's 22/23 team scored 21 and conceded 20. Won 4 Lost 5 Drew 1 - 13 Points from 10 games

They both lost to Man City away, Aston Villa at home & Spurs at home
They both drew with Liverpool away
Potter drew with Chelsea at home, Southampton away 4 - RDZ beat them both
Potter beat Brentford away & drew with Arsenal at home - RDZ lost them both
They both beat Everton and Wolves away

The results are remarkably similar, although Arsenal were a lot better when we played them this year and Chelsea a lot worse. They both got sucker punched by Aston Villa's bunch of negative cheating time wasters. Kane always scores at the Amex and City obviously always beat us at their place. Brentford put a couple of their chances away this year, having missed them last year. The small difference on a tiny sample size seems to be that RDZ's side is more attack minded and seems to draw less often. Same points, more wins, more goals. It's very early days, but if it follows this pattern, there will still be the usual ups and downs of a smallish club competing at the top level, but as Mark Chapman currently says with a giggle every time he speaks about one of our games, it'll be fun to watch.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Okay - Here's facts:

If you take the coresponding fixtures from last season (discounting Forest who weren't in the league)
You missed out Potter had better weather for some of those matches compared to RDZ 😂

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They have spent obscene amounts of money

What’s the wage bill for the forwards alone? 1.5-2 million a week?

Lukaku back in the summer as well
No doubt have they spent obscene amounts on Havertz, Aubameyang and Lukaku.

There is some doubt however if those players were worth the money.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Okay - Here's facts:

Graham Potter's 21/22 team scored 12 and conceded 14. Won 3 Lost 3 Drew 4 - 13 Points from 10 games
Roberto De Zerbi's 22/23 team scored 21 and conceded 20. Won 4 Lost 5 Drew 1 - 13 Points from 10 games

They both lost to Man City away, Aston Villa at home & Spurs at home
They both drew with Liverpool away
Potter drew with Chelsea at home, Southampton away 4 - RDZ beat them both
Potter beat Brentford away & drew with Arsenal at home - RDZ lost them both
They both beat Everton and Wolves away

The results are remarkably similar, although Arsenal were a lot better when we played them this year and Chelsea a lot worse. They both got sucker punched by Aston Villa's bunch of negative cheating time wasters. Kane always scores at the Amex and City obviously always beat us at their place. Brentford put a couple of their chances away this year, having missed them last year. The small difference on a tiny sample size seems to be that RDZ's side is more attacking minded and seems to draw less often. Same points, more wins, more goals. It's very early days, but if it follows this pattern, there will still be the usual ups and downs of a smallish club competing at the top level, but as Mark Chapman currently says with a giggle every time he speaks about one of our games, it'll be fun to watch.
The PL is all about form when you meet an opponent, their form and your form, plus injuries / suspensions i.e. the Arsenal result is tough on RDZ given the players we had missing. Matching up corresponding results doesn't really tell you much because everyone was in different places between seasons. However remarkable coincidence that the points tally aligns. That is a bit mad.

Agree with you though, he is more attack minded, takes more risk with the ball in our half to draw out an opponent's press, and attacks faster with many more first touch passes through midfield into the attacking third. It does rely a huge amount on player's confidence and belief, so fingers crossed that stays as high as it is, so far disappointing results haven't lingered in anyway.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
That’s his problem, he had 2 weeks after being appointed before his first game so more time than Potter had with his new Chelsea team
But if we are including that, Potter had 2 months of Pre Season to deal sort his team at Brighton. What was Potters Record in his first 11 games?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But if we are including that, Potter had 2 months of Pre Season to deal sort his team at Brighton. What was Potters Record in his first 11 games?
Good enough for Bloom to tie him into a very long term contract and using a squad significantly weaker than the one he left us with.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Has anyone seen the video or read the press reports about Potter's snidey, chippy comments to the Chelsea fans for having the audacity to shout "SHOOOOOT" at his highly paid galaxios? Nope. Me neither.

Potter at Chelsea is like a trainee teacher. Nobody is listening.
Nope, neither did he do snidey comments to the Brighton fans doing it.

Possible they're not listening. Results indicate that in that case, maybe they should.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here