Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
I heard him GP on the radio recently talking about how Chelsea have got very good, very knowledgeable fans and I thought to myself "is he having a f'ing laugh?!" They must have to be the most spoilt, expectant, pig-headed fan base in all of English football and I include Millwall in that statement!

After some of the snippy little comments he's made about our fanbase, this stinks of major brown-nosing to buy himself more time. It's good to see he's putting that degree in emotional intelligence to good use.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Interesting comment, at least to me, amongst the comments on the BBC website

'Common knowledge in Sussex that Potter and his wife were looking at property in West London before the season started. His wife couldn`t keep it to herself in the school playground. Then he gutted the backroom staff and now he is apparently after Trossard and Caicedo. Hence the reception he got when Chelsea came down. If he wants to chase the money that`s up to him but no sympathy for him.'

So it seems there could well have been plotting and planning for his move before the season started. Not surprising really and I guess the club would have known and got their own plans in place too.

GP was good for us but is not good enough for a top 6 club. He could do with some PR training for a start.

She has a long commute to take her Pilates classes in Hove every week day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I heard him GP on the radio recently talking about how Chelsea have got very good, very knowledgeable fans and I thought to myself "is he having a f'ing laugh?!" They must have to be the most spoilt, expectant, pig-headed fan base in all of English football and I include Millwall in that statement!

After some of the snippy little comments he's made about our fanbase, this stinks of major brown-nosing to buy himself more time. It's good to see he's putting that degree in emotional intelligence to good use.
61LW1b47UQL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rachel Potter runs a successful pilates/yoga (or something similar) company. If you look at pics of her pre and after GP’s Chelsea ‘Glow Up’ you’ll notice that her eyes have seemingly been lifted.

(No I am not Swansman)
You're right about the last part. Would neither watch nor comment on the family members of managers or footballers or strangers in general.
Beyond creepy.

Not creepy, just a sad, dull, overly serious borderline sociopath lacking any sense of self-awareness whatsoever.
Harsh I have my problems with Potter but that's going a bit far

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Chelsea about to ruin Joao Felix. 11m loan fee for 6 month deal. They’ve definitely got to be pushing FFP breaches now.

Also doesn’t strike me as a Potter type signing - more one that has been pushed on him to try and solve their striker issues.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Chelsea about to ruin Joao Felix. 11m loan fee for 6 month deal. They’ve definitely got to be pushing FFP breaches now.

Also doesn’t strike me as a Potter type signing - more one that has been pushed on him to try and solve their striker issues.
They don't worry about FFP. They have lawyers who can get around such things.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Boehly’s at it again.

A world record £278m spend last summer.

£35m to Monaco last week.

Now Joao Felix on loan, mega wages.

Sky say they’ll sign three other star players in this window.
Yep, that’s the business plan I’m talking about - throw mega bucks against a wall and hope something sticks enough to climb back into contention for the Champions ASAP - although why they needed PW for that can’t imagine- clear to me GP has drunk the cool aid at Chelsea though.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Can someone explain to me what is going on at Chelsea? They've spent the most money a team has ever spent this season but at the the same time they've hired an entire backroom staff with the intention of moving the club towards a more sustainable model built around long term strategy, youth players etc.
Can somebody please tell me what it's all about? Like all this 'we will give Potter time' stuff. Why? What's the point? If you're literally going to (at least try to) sign every overrated footballer out there why bother with Potter et al?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, that’s the business plan I’m talking about - throw mega bucks against a wall and hope something sticks enough to climb back into contention for the Champions ASAP - although why they needed PW for that can’t imagine- clear to me GP has drunk the cool aid at Chelsea though.
If Potter or the next guy achieve top 4, after spending obscene money that only Qatar, Abu Dhabi or Saudi can match, it really means Jack Shit.

That’s not coaching and man-management of the highest order, alchemy, it really isn’t.

Florentino Perez and Abramovich started all this on industrial levels, then the Gulf states joined the cheating.

UEFA tried their best, but were ultimately beaten by teams of the top law firms engaged by Citeh.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can someone explain to me what is going on at Chelsea? They've spent the most money a team has ever spent this season but at the the same time they've hired an entire backroom staff with the intention of moving the club towards a more sustainable model built around long term strategy, youth players etc.
Can somebody please tell me what it's all about? Like all this 'we will give Potter time' stuff. Why? What's the point? If you're literally going to (at least try to) sign every overrated footballer out there why bother with Potter et al?
Boehly blinked first.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Because the 'strategy' stuff is a load of balls? It's a rich American's plaything. Utterly bizarre.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's a total shit show IMHO. You'd be embarrassed as a Chelsea supporter.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What you think the Felix transfer is about trying to bail Potter (and ultimately him) out?
Signed a top defender from Monaco last week for £35m.

Sky say three more first teamers being bought this window after Felix.

Boehly, after just a few months, has simply resorted to the PSG, Real, Chavski and ManC methodology.

Potter’s kind of an irrelevance in this, a small cog. If he’s not heading for top 4 and/or silverware, he’ll be sacked and Poch or someone recruited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here