[Albion] Potter in or out

Potter, in or out?

• Total voters

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Regrettably, it's 'out' for me.

Nice guy, and the footballs alright, but it's a results business. We didn't beat Palace, Watford, Villa, Burnley, Saints or West Ham at home. That's not good enough I'm afraid. I think he'd have been sacked already had it not been for the insane contract we gave him at the start of the season.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I see [MENTION=1721]Mr Putdown[/MENTION] has voted in. Care to expand on your thoughts?

I have done, albeit on a different thread.

An outsiders view admittedly but you’d be mad to get rid of Potter, you play some really entertaining football.

Having said that, there’s still a naivety to your play, hence us stealing 4 points from you this season.

If I was TB I’d definitely stick with Potter, given the chance I’d have him as a manager after Hodgson retires, I think he’s got the ability to be a brilliant manager. :(

Fair comment?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Coincidence or consequence - Nothing has gone right since Dan Ashworth took his post up. Personally - and I state personally - Potter is out of his depth - I do not think he knows what he is doing, let alone picking a fixed a starting eleven .The rest is called relegation.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yep, we are in deep shit as things stand :down:

Icy Gull is readying the white flag.
could the last NSCer to leave please turn out the lights.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I firmly support the football and the methodology being employed - however it’s important to caveat that with the following; GP has been unlucky and lucky in almost equal measure. Bizarrely we seem to get something from poor performances (Sheffield Utd & West Ham away etc.) yet paradoxically struggle to get anything from games we (stats wise) dominate.

It’s a pattern that creates a hollow feeling, one we lose games in a sickening manner when virtually outplaying the opposition, yet scrape something from bang average, error strewn displays... something that virtually guarantees the fans feel frustrated and never confident. Ultimately that seems to be feeding into the players and their hesitance in the final third... a kind of self fulfilling prophecy.

Basically GP needs to unlock the door to a good performance and a win, starting next weekend. I believe he can do this, we need luck too, but we need to believe in front of goal. If he fails to address this then I can see some nasty scenes (chants) etc. Very soon.

It does feel a bit Paul Clement right now, GP is at a career crossroads - if we go down he won’t recover, if we stay up and improve next season he’ll be the greatest thing since a Coronavirus vaccination... he’s clearly intelligent enough to realise this, and thus I expect a sudden change of gear next week.

Fingers crossed.

What part of I DON’t WANT POTTER OUT are you not getting???

Oh and Potter was not here a year ago :rolleyes:

You want Potter to stay but start an out thread? It’s just stages in your dumping of the guy - few more weeks? Or is even that a bit optimistic on the support side

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Coincidence or consequence - Nothing has gone right since Dan Ashworth took his post up. Personally - and I state personally - Potter is out of his depth - I do not think he knows what he is doing, let alone picking a fixed a starting eleven .The rest is called relegation.

Potter is out of his depth on what grounds? He built a team from nothing (albeit in a smaller league) which then performed brilliantly in Europe, a higher standard than we face now.

What he needs is time.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Amazing how [MENTION=33329]Jolly Red Giant[/MENTION] and [MENTION=38177]Anya1000[/MENTION] only show up after we've had a disappointing loss. By amazing I mean depressingly predictable, obviously.

Clearly you have been reading all of my posts - and of course there was also the winter break. Brighton didn't play a game between 8-22 Feb.

I would suggest that what is 'depressingly predictable' are the pages of comments after every game for the last couple of months.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
On the fence.

I hate the way football clubs go through manager after manager. It unsettles the team and the club as a whole. However, i’m currently concerned regarding Potter. I’ve said before, Our style of football didn’t match the players that we have a available so something has to give. Surely there has to be a balance of playing to the strengths of the team vs the style you want to implement. Any interview that I hear from Potter seems to have the same me fills me a huge lack of confidence that he knows how to fix the downward trend.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
He built a team from nothing (albeit in a smaller league)
It wasn't from nothing - the chairman was convicted of fraud for funneling a lot of money through the club

which then performed brilliantly in Europe, a higher standard than we face now.
I would dispute that the Europa League is a higher standard than the PL

What he needs is time.
Not something that is very generous in the world of football.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think you have to stick with him now. Whatever your feelings.

It’s too late to change the manager this season.

I have lost faith in GP, but am slightly sympathetic as I don’t believe the club has backed him in the transfer market.

It was patently obvious to most of us non expert, football laymen that we needed to replace Andone and being another striker in. If we couldn’t afford to do that then we shouldn’t have got rid in the first place.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Potter is out of his depth on what grounds? He built a team from nothing (albeit in a smaller league) which then performed brilliantly in Europe, a higher standard than we face now.

What he needs is time.

Out of depth in the fact he doesn’t know his best 11 and it’s nearly March. Simply not ****ing good enough, I wish people would stop licking his arse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You want Potter to stay but start an out thread? It’s just stages in your dumping of the guy - few more weeks? Or is even that a bit optimistic on the support side

Started because all the “hasn’t got a clue” type comments after the game, which I obviously don’t agree with, the attacking players are letting him down big time imo. He creates a method of play that gives us way more chances than the opposition most weeks. Yes we will leave ourselves open to conceding more but I’m not sure we’ve conceded many more than when we played with everyone behind the ball. He has been let down by the recruitment team not finding him more and different striker options as well

I am disappointed but not surprised that only just over 50% still have confidence. It does not bode well if we lose the next couple as well, which is quite possible.

There will be more in/out threads if we continue to get overhauled, the relegation zone is only one point way.

I won’t be starting the next thread though, I’m not convinced he’s ever had your backing so maybe you could start the next one? :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here